Thomsons Cruises Loyalty Club

Hi Kentmick

When Captain John was on Dream in February this year before moving to Discovery we were all asked to complete a form saying how many cruises we had done which was to be returned to reception We also received an invitation to a Captains Reception on Sirens Deck one evening where we were treated to free drinks for as long as it lasted and they did flow freely (amazingly) The Captain and officers circulated chatting to everyone and then we were asked how many cruises we had done and the winner received a bottle of sparkling wine

I then realised that my booking number for April was of only 6 numbers however the January cruise booking ref no has 7 numbers maybe this is the problem. .

No- 7 numbers should be good- we are on the 14 day Dec 6 Celebration - ours had 7 numbers and after trying several times over the last 2 weeks, it did eventually work. I would keep trying.

Maybe its like the loyalty scheme - pure luck!!

Edited by Aulanis

Finally cracked the embarkation form LOL

It let me in and the cruise detail was there and my wifes name - she is

the first named person who books the cruise. I filled in her address and email then I thought it would move on so I could fill in my details, but no

it just stopped at that point!.

I came out and then tried to go back in but when I entered the name date and booking number it came up with a red message saying something like

This has been completed.

It will be interesting to see if she gets any emails.

Oh yes and it still says the form is not working.

Let me back in today!! but there is no page to complete details for myself

(other party members) This time I saved the form and it came up with this:

"Thank You

Thank you for partially completing your form.

Don’t forget you only have until 20/01/2017 to complete your form."

Quite where 20 /1/2017 fits in I dont know - anyone else managed to fill in the form for other people on their booking?

No, it's simply Thomsons inability to do joined up electronic administrative procedures online.

Its not just the on line things. I rang before 10.00 this morning to reserve a specific cabin but the chap couldn't process my visa debit card payment and said he'd ring me back in 5 minutes. I'm still waiting for the call 8 hours later. Not impressed.

Just got back from the Spirit. No recognition as a repeat customer even though we have 2 more booked and have done 20+ cruises with Thomson. So much for them telling me that the information is collected on the ship.

Been on 30 plus Thomson cruises and never had a penny for being loyal? :rolleyes:

Nearly 20 but also no loyalty from them.

And therein lies the rub! A welcome back should be that ...... everyone returning is 'coming back' so should be recognised. If they can't administer it properly then they shouldn't implement it.

I really would rather get nothing than witness the unfair and inconsistent nature of this scheme. How galling for someone with loads of Thomson cruises under their belt to learn of another on say, their second cruise, being recognised.

Even if you do get a reward, then there's the randomness of it all - from a bar of chocolate (even if it is good quality) compared with a monetary obs which you can spend as you see fit - which is likely to cause annoyance.

I just have a strong sense of fairness and I really feel this hit or miss system is worse than nothing at all!

And therein lies the rub! A welcome back should be that ...... everyone returning is 'coming back' so should be recognised. If they can't administer it properly then they shouldn't implement it.

I really would rather get nothing than witness the unfair and inconsistent nature of this scheme. How galling for someone with loads of Thomson cruises under their belt to learn of another on say, their second cruise, being recognised.

Even if you do get a reward, then there's the randomness of it all - from a bar of chocolate (even if it is good quality) compared with a monetary obs which you can spend as you see fit - which is likely to cause annoyance.

I just have a strong sense of fairness and I really feel this hit or miss system is worse than nothing at all!

Mine was 'less than nothing'! I had to spend money to receive a %age off a beauty treatment. :(

I'll be honest, even though it said on the letter, a thank you for your custom, I just thought it was advertising until I returned home and people were posting about things they had received.

We wanted to go to the Fjords next year and I didn't want to go with Thomson. I checked the price with Fred Olsen and, even with out Oceans Club discount, they were over £500 more for the same date and same cabin type. So it will be a long journey up to Newcastle for us rather than 45 minutes to Dover.

We wanted to go to the Fjords next year and I didn't want to go with Thomson. I checked the price with Fred Olsen and, even with out Oceans Club discount, they were over £500 more for the same date and same cabin type. So it will be a long journey up to Newcastle for us rather than 45 minutes to Dover.

You get what you pay for Chaffesbird. Fred far superior to Thomson. Better cabins and definitely better food. Whatever you decide you will love the itinerary.

We have cruised with Fred before. Maybe we were unlucky as we found the food to be on par with Thomson. We had a balcony cabin but spent so little time in it, we felt it wasn't worth the money. We have now booked the Fjords with Thomson as the money we saved will pay for The Flam railway and we like the Celebration.

Have you looked at Cruise and Maritime. They cruise to the Fjords from various ports around the country and much cheaper than either of the above.

There's a thread about them by Campolady on here.

Have you looked at Cruise and Maritime. They cruise to the Fjords from various ports around the country and much cheaper than either of the above.

There's a thread about them by Campolady on here.

I have looked at them and even with the second person going for half the price, they are still dearer than Thomson. Plus we got the drinks package thrown in.

Try reading the thread from the beginning, the very first post has a link to the loyalty form which weirdly is called an embarkation form!

I have to say the same point bemuses me . We have loyalty points on RCI, Celebrity and NCL and we get some nice little perks, in some cases a couple of hours free drinks each night , welcome back parties etc. Thank you very much. All of these lines auto generate my point as I complete cruise and updates my profile accordingly.

That said, we are doing our second Thomson Cruise in 2Weeks on Thomson Spirit so I wouldn't expect much in the way of a loyalty Bonus , but I sort of assumed that by filling in the Embarkation form I was registering for some sort of Loyalty Programme . However the message came back that I couldn't complete the 'Embarkation" form until I had "Disembarked" .

Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to its purpose