Majesty of the Seas Labor day weekend cruising

We boarded yesterday morning in the overcast outer band skies of Hermine.

Nancy is off getting a message, so I decided to get started on a review. I will add some pix later with Tapatalk.

Our day started off early as I went into the office for a weekly meeting. Nancy waited for me in the car reading a book (her choice, she could have waited inside :) ). We decided for her to come along and wait as I work a few minutes away from MCO, but we live 30 miles north of where I work.

We were back on the road before 8:30 and navigated for a place to stop for breakfast. This turned out to be a small adventure as both of our "smart" phones determined that Danny's & Cracker Barrel were located inside the airport terminal. After looping around this way we headed out the north exit and stopped at Lenny's :rolleyes:

The drive over to PC was uneventful heading to the port, but there was an accident heading towards the airport (hopefully it did not cause anybody getting off Majesty in the morning to miss their flight). The rain broke about 5 miles before PC and the sun popped out. The sun stayed out until about 30 seconds before I got on the shuttle bus. Those were some really big raindrops, and our welcome aboard photos prove it :p

Embarkation was smooth and efficient. We had just sat down to wait for boarding to start when they opened up the doors and began boarding the suite guests. We got a really good deal on a Junior Suite and priority boarding is one of the perks (double points too :cool:)

Need to run, Nancy just got back and we are off to a Robert Kincaid seminar in the art gallery.

Kinda got off on updating due to some issues with adding pictures with Tapatalk and getting kicked from screen to screen on mobile devices.

....... after boarding we went over to the Zoom table and got directions on how to load the Free internet we received when booking this cruise. We received a small card with our Sea Passes and just had to connect to the RCL wifi and add in the access code.

Next we took a look at excursions and decided to bypass Nassau (been there and done that several times) and to just do the beach at Coco Cay.

Then we headed up to the Windjammer to grab a quick bite to eat. Since we were early it wasn't at all crowded. We ate light, food was good and mostly tasty.

I had a couple of observations in the WJ that I may not have noticed in April or may have been changed in the recent dry dock:

• Seeing the food as the sneeze guards were reflecting a lot of light and I could not see some of the items located towards the back of the food bars and had to duck may head to see under it and make my selections :confused:
  • The 2 main food bars were semi circular and ran back into each other and seemed to create a bottle neck where the came together :confused:
  • The options at lunchtime seemed to be more limited than I remember :o
  • There was freestanding beverage bar between the 2 main food bars and the stationary beverage station at the entrance side of the WJ. In the morning they offered Mimosa's and later in the day adult beverages. This also seemed to create a flow issue.:o
  • At the omelet station you placed an order and they gave you a number and wait time. You could go back and get it or they would bring it out to you table :)

First post started with Nancy off getting a Massage, not a message :mad: (freaking auto fill in) :p

Going to add in some photo's that I downloaded from Nancy's phone when we got home as I continue.

Really BIG Raindrops-

c9fe787e-f5d4-471c-8270-1c04a41c12ba.jpg

Windjammer Cafe-

20160902_120643.jpg

We finished lunch just a few minutes before 1 PM, so we decided to see if our room was ready so we could change into more comfortable cruise attire (I was still wearing my work clothes and Nancy was wearing slacks, but we had a change in my backpack). After walking down the wrong side of deck 10 after asking a crew member where 1586 was (we should have checked the signs on the wall near the elevator :o) we traversed back and headed to the other side of the ship. Our room was the second room from aft.

1586 is a Junior Suite and is similar in size by square feet to a normal balcony room on most of the other ships in the fleet, but it felt more spacious than most of the balcony rooms we have been on in the past. Eyeballing the room it felt about 2 feet wider and it made a world of difference. The width was most apparent on the balcony.

The living area had a small sofa bed with a glass center table and across the room the was another chair with a full mirrored wall behind it.

There was plenty of storage available in the closet and the drawers in the room. We do not pack lightly and even if we had been on a 7 day cruise we would have found plenty of places for our belongings even with a third person in the room.

The room felt very fresh and modern. Although there were only 2 electrical outlets there were USB ports on both sides of the bed in the adjustable night lights.

There was a small refrigerator, and coffee maker.

This room also has a full bath tub with a shower. :cool:

The only minor issue with the room was that the flat screen TV did not swivel.

20160902_131349.jpg

20160902_131508.jpg

20160902_170022.jpg

We changed and headed out to re-explore Majesty. We had been aboard her just before the dry dock in May. We walked back up to the pool deck and noticed a couple of changes right off.

First was the added the Splash Away area for the small children. Second we saw the big screen TV. The last thing that was improved were the lounge chairs around the main pool deck.

Next we went back inside to sign up for a massage raffle, and then off to the Centrum area to look around some more. While there we guessed the price of a Peter Max sculpture, checked to see if our OBC had been placed on our account, and looked at some of the flyers in the Next Cruise area.

We found our way back to the room just as our bags arrived. By the time we had unpacked it was necessary evil time (Muster Drill ;)). The ship was off and sailing within minutes of the drill ending.

After the Muster Drill we went up to Serenity for the $500 in spa services raffle and got shut out. Down 500-nothing we ponied up and made an appointment to get Nancy a massage for the next day.

We had a 6:30 dinner time in the Starlight Dining Room and there was a raffle at Park West around the same time so we went back to the room to get ready.

It was a bit windy on the pool deck on our way back to the room.

20160902_164815.jpg

Our 2 top table for dinner was not ideally located, but our server team of Rohit & Marlon was superb. I had the rack of lamb and Nancy ordered a sirloin medium. Her steak came out mid-well and they had a replacement cooked correctly and out to us in less than 3 minutes. The lamb and the rest of our meals was good. We were feeling full so we skipped desert.

After dinner we did the photo shoot circuit & purchased the all inclusive package. Then it was off to see the Comedy Showtime. The cruise director- Marc Walker- was a hoot (Bing Bong), and the comedian- Troy Threadgill- had the room rolling.

20160902_182346.jpg

After the show the sandman called and day 1 came to an end.

Thanks for the review - we're on her in a couple of weeks so the pictures are great!

Quick question, how much was the photo package you purchased?

Photo package is $200 and they offered a $25 off coupon if purchased the first 2 days. I have not counted, but we have have took home at least 30- 8x10 and a dozen of so 5x7 prints.

Day 2:

Most days we are up and about before 6 AM so we chilled and slept in until about 7:30 AM :p I did notice some noise from chairs and people running around on the pool deck above us at night, but once we nodded off it was not loud enough to wake us.

We typically eat breakfast in the MDR, but Nancy had her massage appointment for 9:30 and we decided to eat in the WJ. The cooked to order omelet I had was tasty and I do like the fact that they were taking the orders and giving you a number to put on your table and a cook time. While I waited for the omelet I picked out the rest of my food and got Nancy a Mimosa.

The OJ from the machines had pulp in it and had a fresh squeezed quality to it (I have found in the past that cruise ship OJ from machines tends to taste "Tangy").

20160903_082449.jpg

Nancy then went to get her massage and that's where I began.....

Note on Voom speed- Voom was very slow and it was out for a couple of hours on Friday. When I checked with the Voom guy he said it was due to Hermine. I did not clock it, but from Saturday morning on the speed was good for checking e-mail, facebook, and the other sites I visited. I even watched a couple of short videos and they loaded and played well. I used it in several different locations around the ship and did not notice any bad locations other than on the first day.

Nancy came back to the room at 10:50 and we headed down to Bolero's for the Thomas Kinkade seminar (I originally called him Robert {Nancy caught my error}. I thought I had edited his name, but it must not have saved correctly). We got hooked on art auctions on a Princess cruise several years ago. We now own more art than we have walls to hang it on :eek:

As the seminar ended the ship was docking in Nassau. Photo Op time. We walked around and took some pics of the other ships in port. In particular we wanted to see the NCL ship with the LEBO artwork on it.

20160903_123421.jpg

Of course I also took a picture of Her Majesty(s) of the Seas

d7a73456-eb7b-4acf-ab46-0ef58afd8b18.png

After our walk around the port we stopped by Johnny Rockets to replace the calories we had just burned off. The chili cheese fries and burgers were good and tasty. I just wish they would have flattened the beef patties out a little more (Note to self "next time don't order a double" :p). Of course we had to complete the meal with a couple of chocolate milkshakes. I paid a small price for the pleasure (lactose intolerant), but it was worth the pain :D

1ae380fe-e6d6-4e45-9720-dc46e8ecff21.png

We then spent a few hours poolside and relaxed in the whirlpool before going back to the room and getting ready for formal night. During the dry dock they did add 2 more whirlpools to the pool deck, however the 2 new whirlpools are not at all covered.

Within a few minutes of our arrival at our table in the MDR our servers had brought out my Iced tea and had poured a glass of wine for Nancy from what was left in the bottle from the previous night. Both of our meals were tasty and the table service was once again excellent.

After dinner we watched the parade of flags of the RCL crew members and met the captain (photo op with the Captain). Next up was the Headliner show with comedy juggler Matt Baker. He was quite funny and a talented juggler (and an ex- professional Hacky-Sak player). This was followed up by a Chubby Bunny video with Marc Walker that led into the Love & Marriage game show hosted by Marc. It's been a long time since I have laughed that hard :D (Nancy said she could hear me laughing in the video replays).

20160903_201402.jpg

Edited by mooseman52b

We changed and headed out to re-explore Majesty. We had been aboard her just before the dry dock in May. We walked back up to the pool deck and noticed a couple of changes right off.

First was the added the Splash Away area for the small children. Second we saw the big screen TV. The last thing that was improved were the lounge chairs around the main pool deck.

Next we went back inside to sign up for a massage raffle, and then off to t.

Thanks for that, I missed the news of more improvements to Majesty, going back soon for turn #4.

A

We then spent a few hours poolside and relaxed in the whirlpool before going back to the room and getting ready for formal night. During the dry dock they did add 2 more whirlpools to the pool deck, however the 2 new whirlpools are not at all covered.

This is news to me. Now if one of these is open around 11pm, I will be happy.

This is news to me. Now if one of these is open around 11pm, I will be happy.

Were there always 4 whirlpools on the main pool deck? We dipped our toes in the 2 covered whirlpools in the center last time. The other 2 were on the other side of the pool and added Spash Away area in front of the Large Screen TV on the pool deck. A D+ couple that we spoke to in the whirlpool had mentioned that they had added 2 new ones but did not cover them.

I never got around to checking to see if they were open that late Bill :o

Edited by mooseman52b

Day 3 was Coco Cay relax at the Beach Day and Mother Nature treated us to a beautiful day. Calm warm water, lot's of sunshine, but not overbearingly hot.

20160904_082045.jpg

We went over to RCL's private island on one of the first tenders.

20160904_124244.jpg

We walked for about a half mile to the South Beach area. We found a nice spot near the water and partially shaded by some tall trees.

20160904_091430.jpg

The water was warm and Nancy said it tasted salty (I could not let that one slide by and made a wisecrack about it :p). There were at least a dozen Ray sightings and we even saw about a 5' long shark (the beach emptied out when he cruised through :eek:). The rays were all pretty good sized as well. I would guess between 3-5' wingspans. The picture below is of one of the medium sized ones.

20160904_095702.jpg

Around noon we started back to the buffet for the island BBQ. The low 90's temperature was starting to get to us, so we kept on walking to the tender boats going back to the ship. When we got back to the ship we went up to the WJ for lunch. It's pretty much the same BBQ meal served on Coco Cay with a few more choices and "AIR CONDITIONING" :)

With our bellies full and having cooled off, it was time for another dip in the whirlpool. The pool deck was blazing hot. While in the whirlpool Nancy took some more pictures:

Splash Away Bay (now, 3 days later, I remember the name)-

20160904_132522.jpg

Large screen TV above the pool deck (picture was good, but the stream of live sports was bouncing a little)-

ccff7909-b0d1-4665-ad65-14a26f5927f1.png

A picture of Beauty and the Beast (when does the "Hairy Chest" contest start ;))-

0b3c7b68-841f-472c-824f-57f9e8c5876a.png

I was beginning to get a nice pink hue and the art auction was starting soon.....back to the cabin to change...

The champagne art auction was entertaining and I won a boxed watch set in the raffle. Of course the free watch and champagne were the bait and the fish bit again (we now need even more walls :o)

Some LEBO artwork-

20160904_155707.jpg

The art auction ended and we walked down to the photo gallery. First we gathered up the pix from formal night. We added these to the other pictures we had set aside with the photo staff and walked away with our stack of photos.

Dinner in the MDR was again tasty and service excellent. It was Italian night and Nancy ordered the Lasagne and I had the Chicken Marsala. Being Italian I just can't eat mashed potatoes with Chicken Marsala. Where's the side of pasta? I asked for a side of pasta with the Marsala, but it never arrived (actually a good thing as I was barely able to finish entree). Of course we left just enough room for desert :D

18e0dac0-d690-4460-bb3d-39088cc9778a.png

After dinner we watched the Farewell show "Boogie Wonderland" (farewell show already :(). Nancy had a bit of a headache so we called it early and went back to the cabin to pack.

5b21b7a1-2bd3-4681-8e83-c21642280d5c.png

Edited by mooseman52b

Kinda got off on updating due to some issues with adding pictures with Tapatalk and getting kicked from screen to screen on mobile devices.

....... after boarding we went over to the Zoom table and got directions on how to load the Free internet we received when booking this cruise. We received a small card with our Sea Passes and just had to connect to the RCL wifi and add in the access code.

Next we took a look at excursions and decided to bypass Nassau (been there and done that several times) and to just do the beach at Coco Cay.

Then we headed up to the Windjammer to grab a quick bite to eat. Since we were early it wasn't at all crowded. We ate light, food was good and mostly tasty.

I had a couple of observations in the WJ that I may not have noticed in April or may have been changed in the recent dry dock:

• Seeing the food as the sneeze guards were reflecting a lot of light and I could not see some of the items located towards the back of the food bars and had to duck may head to see under it and make my selections :confused:
  • The 2 main food bars were semi circular and ran back into each other and seemed to create a bottle neck where the came together :confused:
  • The options at lunchtime seemed to be more limited than I remember :o
  • There was freestanding beverage bar between the 2 main food bars and the stationary beverage station at the entrance side of the WJ. In the morning they offered Mimosa's and later in the day adult beverages. This also seemed to create a flow issue.:o
  • At the omelet station you placed an order and they gave you a number and wait time. You could go back and get it or they would bring it out to you table :)

How much were the Mimosa's? Thanks !

We had a great time. I just wish these 3 day cruises didn't end so fast :rolleyes:

I hear that. These are the ones hubby says have the 'Welcome Aboard/Get off the Ship' shows. :( But we're still looking forward to our turn in 3 weeks.

Erika