Grandeur OTS... 2 Connecting Jr Suites vs The Royal Family Suite?

Hello,

Sailing on Grandeur and have 2 connecting Jr Suites booked for my mom and I, she insists we both have our own rooms. An aft RFS just opened up on our sailing for the same price as 2 JS. Should I switch? Here are the pros I see for each...

2 JS Pro's

-Central location, we hate shelping to elevators

-2 Living rooms

-Quadruple C & A Points since we are solo in each room vs the double we'd get if in a RFS

RFS Pro's

-Full Suite Service

-Gold Cards

-A bit more sq footage

Thoughts?

OH, I did not know that! That actually pushes me closer to switching to the RFS! hehe

I hate it when people say you get double points in a JS and above.

Another thing to keep in mind is how a RFS is setup. Normally one of the rooms is like an inside cabin. Also the second bathroom might be separated from the inside room.

We have had RFS 8084 on Grandeur and loved it. The JS's don't have living rooms per se - they have larger ares where the couch and table are v a standard stateroom. The RFS has a dedicated living room, two bedrooms (one has the two twins plus two Murphy beds), two bathrooms, one with a tub. And it is a suite with full suite amenities - none of which you will have in the JS.

The biggest difference is a huge balcony which is the largest on that ship. There is a round table with four chairs in an area off the side by the master bedroom and four loungers and two tables on the main balcony. More can be added if needed, which they did for us.

We've been in JS's and on that ship for the same money I would take the RFS.

]I hate it when people say you get double points in a JS and above.

[/b]

Another thing to keep in mind is how a RFS is setup. Normally one of the rooms is like an inside cabin. Also the second bathroom might be separated from the inside room.

Why? That is a correct statement - 1 point per night in a standard stateroom and 2 pts. per night in a JS and higher. Been that way with every JS and higher we've had.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Why? That is a correct statement - 1 point per night in a standard stateroom and 2 pts. per night in a JS and higher. Been that way with every JS and higher we've had.

Point earning is as followed.

1 point per night

1 point per night in a JS and above

1 point per night sailing solo

Sailing solo in a JS is 3 points, not the implied quadruple (1 per night, 1 for solo, x2 for JS+).

Edited by chandom

Point earning is as followed.

1 point per night

1 point per night in a JS and above

1 point per night sailing solo

Sailing solo in a JS is 3 points, not the implied quadruple (1 per night, 1 for solo, x2 for JS+).

It is one point per night in a standard category stateroom

One additional point per night in a JS and above

One additional point per night sailing solo in a stateroom designated for double occupancy

The points are are cumulative.

However you want to define it, we have always earned our points as described above. And 2 points per night total for a JS and above is double that of a standard stateroom at 1 point per night.

It is one point per night in a standard category stateroom

One additional point per night in a JS and above

One additional point per night sailing solo in a stateroom designated for double occupancy

The points are are cumulative.

However you want to define it, we have always earned our points as described above. And 2 points per night total for a JS and above is double that of a standard stateroom at 1 point per night.

Agree, I just don't like to reference it as double points vs two points in the case of two or more in a JS and above.

Just like sailing solo in a room that is normally double occupancy isn't double points but rather two points. (Or three in a JS and above.)

Edited by chandom

DH and I stayed in the RFS on The Jewel and have stayed in junior suites on other ships. The RFS has 2 bedrooms. The master bedroom was lovely, with a large TV, large walk in closet and large bathroom with bath and shower over it. The second bedroom was like an interior with 2 single beds and 2 drop down beds. No windows. The bathroom was just like in a normal cabin and in a little entrance way off the lounge. The lounge had a large TV, was nicely furnished with a big sofa, comfy chairs and dining table. Of course you get the suite benefits. Who would have the master bedroom ?

If you have the 2 JS you can both have some privacy by closing the interconnecting door and you both have the same facilities. No gold card perks.

Do you have a drinks package? This might make a difference as you get access to the concierge lounge with a gold card but not a JS. Look at the other benefits with a gold card. I really enjoyed the RFS, but we were a couple. If you want privacy and the suite benefits don't draw you I would have the JSs.

We have had RFS 8084 on Grandeur and loved it. The JS's don't have living rooms per se - they have larger ares where the couch and table are v a standard stateroom. The RFS has a dedicated living room, two bedrooms (one has the two twins plus two Murphy beds), two bathrooms, one with a tub. And it is a suite with full suite amenities - none of which you will have in the JS.

The biggest difference is a huge balcony which is the largest on that ship. There is a round table with four chairs in an area off the side by the master bedroom and four loungers and two tables on the main balcony. More can be added if needed, which they did for us.

We've been in JS's and on that ship for the same money I would take the RFS.

It looks like we'll be in 8584, the mirror of yours. Hoping I can ask you a couple questions...

1. Is the smaller bathroom comparable to a standard cabin bathroom? I'm a big guy, and if it's any smaller than an OV room bathroom, I may have to use the master bath!

2. Does the master bath ONLY have a tub, no shower at all?

3. Is there a TV in the kids room AKA my room? :)

4. Is there a power outlet in the kids room?

thanks!

Yes but the second bedroom in the RFS is small, single beds, no window and no tv.

This was not true for our RFS on Navigator last year. The beds were put together and we never saw them apart. I think they were about queen size together. For one person I wouldn't say it was too small. My daughter, who was 24 at the time, had plenty of room. She didn't find the lack of a window a problem since it was a room within a much bigger suite. TV was a nonissue as we don't usually have it on when we cruise. There were 3 of us total in the RFS and while we liked it we prefer the grand suite overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like we'll be in 8584, the mirror of yours. Hoping I can ask you a couple questions...

1. Is the smaller bathroom comparable to a standard cabin bathroom? I'm a big guy, and if it's any smaller than an OV room bathroom, I may have to use the master bath!

2. Does the master bath ONLY have a tub, no shower at all?

3. Is there a TV in the kids room AKA my room? :)

4. Is there a power outlet in the kids room?

thanks!

I can answer 2 and 3 based on our RFS on Navigator. There was a tub/shower combined in the master bathroom. Not as nice as grand suite. Both bathrooms are smaller than the one in a grand suite but doable. I am not sure of the bathroom size in an OV room. Sorry! No tv in the 2nd bedroom that I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk