In Room Monitor

Morris4me

I will be sailing on Breakaway in October. My elderly father will be sailing in the cabin right next to mine. I have a baby monitor I would like to put in his room during the night to watch for any falls or problems. the range is 600 feet. Does anyone know if it will work on the ship? I don't intend to use it anywhere else but for the two side by side rooms. They do not share a door between them.

I will be sailing on Breakaway in October. My elderly father will be sailing in the cabin right next to mine. I have a baby monitor I would like to put in his room during the night to watch for any falls or problems. the range is 600 feet. Does anyone know if it will work on the ship? I don't intend to use it anywhere else but for the two side by side rooms. They do not share a door between them.

You might have issues with metal structure of the ship. Can you get connecting rooms where there is a door between cabins?

We used one on our last cruise on the Breakaway and it worked great. It was an inexpensive monitor my daughter picked up second hand. We had the cabin right next door to them. We'd have an early dinner. They'd feed 2 year old grandson and put him down for the night. When we got back from dinner, they'd turn on the monitor and go out for the evening. It picked up a bit of background noise but we could hear him just fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

I would definitely suggest rooms that connect ! and I hope you have a comprehensive Travel Insurance plan! I would hate to see anything happen and be stuck with really large medical bills. I so applaud you taking him, it is hard in even good circumstances to take care of an elderly parent, been there with my Dad. If you dont have them there are removable bed rails that may help him stay put a bit longer as opposed to no rails, they just slide under the mattress and if you cant get an adjoining room that may delay or prevent a fall a bit longer to allow you to get out of your room, slide the card and get into his room,

We had a 2 bedroom suite on the gem and used a baby monitor for the second bedroom for our 8 month old. It worked fine.

Can't get adjoining cabins - go to the Guest Services desk and get a key card

for his cabin right away when you board the ship. No charge for the extra key

card and it only permits access to that cabin in the situation aforementioned.

Your monitor device must be of a wireless type - should work fine - the ship's

bulkhead walls are not that thick impeding the wireless signal.

Try and arrange the sending unit and receiver to be exactly as close to each other through the walls.

A side note make sure your parent folk know how to speed dial your next door cabin - this may work just as well or as an alternative !