Inside room on Escape?

happyscmom

Thinking about booking an Inside room on Escape for next June. We did getaway in a spa balcony last June, and it was great. However, I think we can only afford inside this time. Will I regret it? Should we just wait another year until we can afford a better cabin? Maybe the dark room would be relaxing? Help!

Thinking about booking an Inside room on Escape for next June. We did getaway in a spa balcony last June, and it was great. However, I think we can only afford inside this time. Will I regret it? Should we just wait another year until we can afford a better cabin? Maybe the dark room would be relaxing? Help!

NCL insides are very small.

An inside cruise is better than no cruise.

I agree.

You can also try for an upgrade or upsell right before your sailing date. We had connecting insides for our 8/20 cruise on Escape. In the weeks before sailing I was calling the upsell dept every day but the prices remaining too high. About 4 days before sailing I called and complained that prices had fallen quite a bit since my booking was made. NCL upgraded my cabins for free from connecting insides to connecting balconies. I was very happy. :D

Watch the prices for your cruise. You could get lucky.

Any inside cabin is going to be small but if you want to still take the cruise and save $$ then you should book it! We had a inside on our last Norwegian and we have a inside on the Escape for next month. The room is super dark which is nice during the day if you want to take a nap ; ) How much time are you really in the room anyways?:o

We are booked on an inside on Escape for October 22. 98% of our cruises have been inside cabins. I always try to stay around $1500 for our initial investment for vacation, which is to say the cruise fare. We recently sailed on RCL Independance and got a balcony on a great deal. My TA said "oh, watch out you will be spoiled now" ...but truthfully I did not feel that way! I have basically no reservations about booking another inside as this is the ship I wanted to sail on and because it's a pretty new ship the price point was higher, over my budget. I will tell you that one reason I'd rather be in a balcony for the Escape is Location, Location, Location...as they say in real estate. When we sailed the sister ship Getaway in an inside the thing we hated was that the door opened to an inside corridor what that means is that you have a bit of a maze to find your cabin! Personally I would never base going or not going on a cruise because of the cabin. As long as you can afford to get on the ship I say go...Your statement about never being in the cabin is true and even more so on these shops there is so much to do and the Dallies are so jam packed with activities and things to try that to me the cabin is the last consideration...I would however advise you to get mid ship and pick a deck with rooms over you and below you so you don't hear late night cleanup noise of chairs being moved etc.

Just got back from a cruise on the Escape- and our first inside. Our previous two cruises were balconies. We really wanted to try this ship and the balcony just wasn't in our budget. Though the room was TINY, it was very efficient in storage space, and the bathroom was well designed. My husband and I have no regrets over doing an inside room. We would do it again. And on this ship, there is so much to do and see, we really were in our room only for sleeping and showers. Do it!

It depends on what you used the spa balcony for. Did you find yourself relaxing in the room because you wanted to escape the masses in the public areas? Did you enjoy waking up to the sunshine? Sleep to the sound of the waves through an open door? I don't even know what the "spa" part does for you. If those things are important to you, then I suggest you save up.

I almost always get an inside because I don't want to hang out in the room. But if the price allows, I go for a balcony.

Tip if you do go for an inside: The tv has a bridge cam channel I use to check the current weather conditions and another channel (maybe same one) to listen to ship announcements.

I've done interiors and balconies before. My father, who is very much an introvert and spends most of the week on his balcony reading a book, would be miserable in an interior room. I, however, actually prefer interiors over balconies. I feel like the space is better utilized, and I like the darkness factor. I never spend time on my balcony (that's what the top deck is for), and I'm really only in my room to sleep and shower. Since I tend to be up with the sun, the darkness actually lets me sleep in.

So, I suppose it depends on your style. But, some advice, I think the position of the room is more important that the class of the room. I prefer to stay on higher decks, between the promenade deck and pool deck. I've stayed on lower decks, and it was a pain if I had to run back to the room for something. As a diabetic, I'm frequently running back to check my blood sugar and take insulin, so that's important to me. And, I prefer to be sandwiched between decks of cabins for the quiet factor.

Consider your personal cruise habits. If all you use your cabin for is sleeping and showering, you'll be just fine in an interior room. :-)

I agree.

You can also try for an upgrade or upsell right before your sailing date. We had connecting insides for our 8/20 cruise on Escape. In the weeks before sailing I was calling the upsell dept every day but the prices remaining too high. About 4 days before sailing I called and complained that prices had fallen quite a bit since my booking was made. NCL upgraded my cabins for free from connecting insides to connecting balconies. I was very happy. :D

Watch the prices for your cruise. You could get lucky.

Would you share the phone number for the upscale department for Escape please?

My two cents, if there is only two of you, don't get a cabin with the bunk beds. My husband and I had to bend over to keep from hitting the bunk beds. Also due to the bunk beds there was almost no room on the side of the bed. Yes they were folded up on the wall.

Other than the beds, the room was small, but ok.:D

Thinking about booking an Inside room on Escape for next June.
Cruises in mid June through Labor Day are expensive because of summer vacations. The May 27-June 3 sailing would be a great choice because it does the Western swing with a stop at Harvest Caye, the new NCL development in Belize. And you probably save a day of vacation since it's over Memorial Day. :)

Cruises in mid June through Labor Day are expensive because of summer vacations. The May 27-June 3 sailing would be a great choice because it does the Western swing with a stop at Harvest Caye, the new NCL development in Belize. And you probably save a day of vacation since it's over Memorial Day. :)

I agree, but my husband and I are both teachers, so we have to wait until June. The June 3 cruise leaves the day after he finishes school, and it is still cheaper than the next week.

We finally booked, and I chose an OV room. Since it had 2 free options, I chose free gratuities, which made it close to the same price (after gratuities) as an inside. I'm going to hope that close to sailing prices drop and we can upgrade!

I agree, but my husband and I are both teachers, so we have to wait until June. The June 3 cruise leaves the day after he finishes school, and it is still cheaper than the next week.
The following week is 100 more pp and the week of August 19 is only 50 more per person and they both do the Western swing with a stop at the new Harvest Caye. https://www.ncl.com/harvest-caye

You'll be doing the Eastern swing on your 12/16/17 sailing, so a non duplication would be good, as well as checking out a brand new private island destination.