LAX flight question

Zeikah

I recommended Long Beach on page one of this thread. I can't figure out why, with flights starting at $29.00 on Southwest (plus two free bags) the OP is even considering LAX.

And I thank you for that! I rebooked our LAX to LAS and took advantage of the Long Beach to LAS instead! Saved $$ (points) AND saved some anticipated anxiety about getting from San Pedro to LAX! :)

This is our first San Pedro departure. What would you estimate the average/expected travel time to Long Beach airport? We have a 1:40pm flight.

Thanks again for the heads up!

And I thank you for that! I rebooked our LAX to LAS and took advantage of the Long Beach to LAS instead! Saved $$ (points) AND saved some anticipated anxiety about getting from San Pedro to LAX! :)

This is our first San Pedro departure. What would you estimate the average/expected travel time to Long Beach airport? We have a 1:40pm flight.

Thanks again for the heads up!

You're very welcome. :D Long Beach is approximately 10 miles from San Pedro. Unless something very unforeseen happens, you should have no problem making your flight. It's normally about a 20 minute drive.

I recommended Long Beach on page one of this thread. I can't figure out why, with flights starting at $29.00 on Southwest (plus two free bags) the OP is even considering LAX.

The major issue with Long Beach is its smaller. Less airlines (4?) and less flights.

It's quite possible OP booked some sort of package tour in Australia. We've met many who have done so.

Edited by SadieN

The major issue with Long Beach is its smaller. Less airlines (4?) and less flights.

It's quite possible OP booked some sort of package tour in Australia. We've met many who have done so.

It's certainly possible, but to quote the OP:

Sorry, Should of added a few more details. Ruby princess docks at 0700 and a domestic flight out to LAS.

It sounds like they want a domestic flight from the ship to Vegas, not an international flight home to Australia. I guess an Australian TA might have made the more expensive and complicated flight from LAX to LAS for their client. I guess this is why I book all my own flights and bypass the TA's.

No Southwest flights between SMF(Sacramento) and LGB. I got flights for 2 for less than $200 r/t to LAX from SMF the day after Thanksgiving. Fares were $45ish p/p each way. Not bad for holiday flights.

No Southwest flights between SMF(Sacramento) and LGB. I got flights for 2 for less than $200 r/t to LAX from SMF the day after Thanksgiving. Fares were $45ish p/p each way. Not bad for holiday flights.

Lol, I feel your pain because SMF is the closest airport to me too.:D

Southwest has had some great sales lately. I was able to get SMF to LAX, for a $100.00 roundtrip, for our cruise this month.

My dad's coming with me, and he could have got the cheap fare from San Jose, but I wanted him to fly into the same airport as me, so I didn't tell him about the Long Beach fares. ;)

It's certainly possible, but to quote the OP:

It sounds like they want a domestic flight from the ship to Vegas, not an international flight home to Australia. I guess an Australian TA might have made the more expensive and complicated flight from LAX to LAS for their client. I guess this is why I book all my own flights and bypass the TA's.

Yes. Just booking the domestic flights myself. It will be Saturday 25th March. No cheap flights with Southwest as yet. Only going out to Vegas for 2 days hence trying to get the earliest flight possible.

Didn't think about other airports (being from Aus, LAX just pops into the head) Jet Blue has a 11.12am flight out of LGB!!! I am assuming that would also be too early???

Yes. Just booking the domestic flights myself. It will be Saturday 25th March. No cheap flights with Southwest as yet. Only going out to Vegas for 2 days hence trying to get the earliest flight possible.

Didn't think about other airports (being from Aus, LAX just pops into the head) Jet Blue has a 11.12am flight out of LGB!!! I am assuming that would also be too early???

That's probably a little early. You would probably make it, but that's in a perfect world. Southwest fares are showing a 1:00 pm flight for $69.00 and a return on on March 27th for $77.00, at 4:20 pm. You do get two free bags, 50 lbs. each, plus a carry-on bag and a personal item.

You could also book a one-way leaving on Southwest and a return on Jet Blue, if they are cheaper.

Enjoy your cruise and your visit to the "States".

Hi,

What time would be the earliest that you book a flight out of LAX after disembarking at San Pedro?

Thanks in advance!!

If you are talking about a weekday or a weekend during the summer, I would say a minimum of 2 1/2 hours after you are in a taxi and on the way. If you are in a rental car - three hours. If it is a holiday or a holiday weekend, add another half hour to the above times.

On a weekend when 700,000 people are not trying to get to the beach - two hours (add another half hour if you are in a rental car).

Not a SoCal local but a frequent flyer out of LAX and formerly LGB. I would have no issues recommending the 11:12 out of LGB.

Thanks all for your help. The 11.12 from LGB it is. We will do the express walk off.

Are there shuttles at the pier or is a taxi not too expensive?

Thanks all for your help. The 11.12 from LGB it is. We will do the express walk off.

Yes, but they will be more apt to be going to LAX. Reserve ahead. We have Super Shuttle and Prime Time/Go. They will be waiting just across from the terminal. At LGB there is little walk through the parking lot.

http://www.supershuttle.com/

http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

Yes, but they will be more apt to be going to LAX. Reserve ahead. We have Super Shuttle and Prime Time/Go. They will be waiting just across from the terminal. At LGB there is little walk through the parking lot.

http://www.supershuttle.com/

http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

there will be taxis at the san pedro pier that will take you to Long Beach airport. If you want a shuttle, you should consider a private one (like Execucar, Lotus, OnTime, cool ride....I didn't find PT reliable when we had reserved a private vehicle as they messed up our booking on both our pick up from home and the pick up at the port -- the driver was sent to the opposite place both times).

taxifarfinder.com will give you a good approximation.

I'd take a taxi, otherwise you might be waiting for them to fill the van.