Celebrity 50% off second guest

GACruiser1961

I am not too thrilled with Celebrity either. Booked for next year three weeks ago and cost was to be £4178 for AQ2, (with $500 obs, booze package and free wifi) on the new promo it would be £3193 with a booze package, no obs or wifi). With a £300 deposit it saved us about another £300 to cancel and rebook. Now we do not have to try and find ways of spending the OBS and I am shortly going to tell them that the £300 deposit we lost will count as pre paid gratuities as far as I am concerned. If they insist on messing around this way then they can expect their passengers to respond by messing around too.

I have also told them I will not cruise again with them, this was first and last, when they do promos a year before the sail date that take £1000 off the price. Filling last minute spaces is one thing but this is just taking the wee wee.

For the average person & or new cruiser booking a cruise with the 1/2 off 2nd passenger would seem to be a good deal . Imo this is why marketing uses these methods .

For experienced cruisers this promotion is not a good deal :eek:

Excuse me? How many times do I have to post my savings? Am I now accused of not knowing what I'm doing? Can we not just accept that some cruises were in fact reduced by 25%?

Lots of threads on this topic. The concensus seems to be that Celebrity jacked up the prices just before this promotion so that not very many will see a bargain unless they were not looking at prices prior to the promotion.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

We booked our Nov. 2017 cruise in August, we chose to go with all 4 perks, and I got a really good deal . I have been watching the price, and there was an increase. So I was happy we booked when we did.

I called my TA when I saw the 50% sale, and my TA got me an additional $250 off our original price with the same 4 perks. It made a really good cruise price, a great cruise price for us. We were lucky, and I will keep watching. You never know, discounts could happen again.

Edited by screwsmcernst

For the average person & or new cruiser booking a cruise with the 1/2 off 2nd passenger would seem to be a good deal . Imo this is why marketing uses these methods .

For experienced cruisers this promotion is not a good deal :eek:

We have 23 cruises on X and are not too far from elite plus. I have never seen such machination on pricing. I have no idea of what to do.

We want to take the 15 day Panama Canal. Rate for October 2016 are really reasonable for both ocean view and for balconies. $2500 to $5000. For next year they are looking for almost $11,000 for a balcony. Yet, in spite of this cabin selection seems weak.

By the way, this $11,000 is resident special rate and comes with zero perks. If we wait until our January we might get a better deal, maybe. Will cabin selection be limited?

Are people paying $11,000 for a plain vanilla balcony with no beverage package or OBC for these Panama Canal cruises? $12,000 with?

Same here. Make sure you complain. The more of us that do and the message not to be so deceptive may get through

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I dropped them a friendly email - not angry, just stated the price difference on the booking between then and now (£812). Got a call out of the blue today from a lovely lady at Celebrity. She said she had read my email and was prepared to upgrade the booking to a concierge class room.

So we have been upgraded from a 2C obstructed view veranda, to a C3 concierge class veranda and we keep our drinks package and OBC.

The final balance hasn't changed.

Extremely positive outcome and I told her that P&O had never even responded to our similar comments in the past and that she had given us a great impression of the Celebrity Cruises.

Has anyone priced out a cruise using Celebrity's new 50% off second guest? I have priced out and not seeing 50% off. Price is same as cruise not using deal!

Just priced out our Nov 2017 10 day on the Equinox to the ABC's. It is now $2739.00 higher than when we booked with the Endless Summer special.

And with half of the OBC.

Edited by wallie5446

I dropped them a friendly email - not angry, just stated the price difference on the booking between then and now (£812). Got a call out of the blue today from a lovely lady at Celebrity. She said she had read my email and was prepared to upgrade the booking to a concierge class room.

So we have been upgraded from a 2C obstructed view veranda, to a C3 concierge class veranda and we keep our drinks package and OBC.

The final balance hasn't changed.

Extremely positive outcome and I told her that P&O had never even responded to our similar comments in the past and that she had given us a great impression of the Celebrity Cruises.

Well done you on getting an upgrade. I agree you would stand no chance with P&O. Say hi to Sheffield (my home town, Hillsborough) for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk