Samsung phone

gowilk

I won't be able to sleep until Celebrity confirms their mandatory cavity search policy. Cavity search will be conducted by overzealous iPhone users.

Was that necessary ? It is a serious situation. A fire onboard a ship is the last thing anyone would want. I hope all owners have powered them off and are returning them. The Note 7 can't be flown back to the manufacturer and Samsung is placing them in fireproof boxes.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/11/13246020/samsung-note-7-fireproof-return-boxes?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Notices were occasionally published in Celebrity Today [last for my sailings was on 25 September] that read as follows...

"Due to the recall of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, guests traveling with this device are not to leave the phone charging unattended. In a small number of cases the batteries can overheat and catch fire. Thank you for your cooperation to ensure we avoid an incident onboard with one of these devices."

Love all the "nanny state" and anti-inspection folks. Looks like Samsung is prepared to take a $2.3 BILLION loss on their product. And maybe, as manufacturers, know that there was a problem, and there SHOULD have been confiscations, unlike the pontifications on here.

I sure hope celebrity's security is keeping up with issue and bans/confiscates Samsung note....last thing I need is some moron who's charging his stupid Samsung phone setting the ship on fire. bound to happen sooner rather than later.

As a result of the current recall of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, all guests traveling with a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 are instructed to not leave the phone charging unattended. This will help reduce the chance of an incident onboard with one of these devices. The safety of our guests and crew is our top priority. Thank you for your attention and cooperation.

Yes I agree! There should be more outlets and charging stations. This way I don't have to bring a Power Strip to plug in my:

Bullet Blender

Electric Toothbrush

Electric shaver

Hoverboard

Samsung Note

Computer

Tablet

Alarm clock

Night light

Iron

Clothes Steamer

Hair straightener

Hair Drier

Coffee Pot

Anything Else?

These items are all things I have seen on that what to pack lists on this site. (except the Hoverboard, I added that)

Edited by Rapsmac

Yes I agree! There should be more outlets and charging stations. This way I don't have to bring a Power Strip to plug in my:

Bullet Blender

Electric Toothbrush

Electric shaver

Hoverboard

Samsung Note

Computer

Tablet

Alarm clock

Night light

Iron

Clothes Steamer

Hair straightener