Help needed with logistics

abdulazeez77

I am flying in with wife and kid on Oct 1 into Orlando for a cruise departing from Port Canaveral on Oct 2 and returning on Oct 6. After return I plan to stay one night in Orlando and have a flight back on Oct 7. I have the following questions and would appreciate some help.

1. On my arrival into Orlando, should I do a one way car rental from airport to Port canaveral or take a shuttle? Aren't one way rentals expensive?

2. Regardless of what I do in step 1, which location should I choose a hotel? I am being told Cocoa beach. Are there free drop offs from hotel to the port for starting my cruise?

3. On my way back, should I do a one way car rental from Port Canaveral to Orlando?

I would appreciate your assistance.

Shuttle probably cost's more. Tell them you want a rental from and to MCO but want to return it whilst on the Cruise and see if they give you a break.

You just book 2 separate cars. One way rentals are fairly common between MCO and Port Canaveral. Most companies do not charge a fee for dropping off in another city.

You might look into one of the "fly-snooze-cruise" packages offered at several Cocoa Beach hotels.

The package includes a shuttle from MCO to the hotel, your night's stay and breakfast,then another shuttle to the ship.

After the cruise they will take you back to the airport, either straight away or the next day. Then you can rent a car at MCO for the day.

I believe the general rule in South Florida is no drop off fees for one way rentals so go ahead and check it out with the rental agency of your choice.

NOT TRUE. While it may apply in some cases, it doesn't apply to all companies, nor all locations. Every one needs to be checked on a case by case basis.