Dining in Southampton

flapjack62

We are due to cruise out of Southampton in a couple of weeks and have booked a room at the Holiday Inn, Herbert Walker Avenue beforehand.

I wonder if anyone is please able to tell me if there is somewhere nice that we can walk to for an evening meal / drink rather than eat in the hotel?

Many thanks

Diane

We stayed in Southampton before a three weeks cruise to the Caribbean last year. Ended up going to Turtle Bay for some Caribbean food to get in the mood. Turned out to be the best Caribbean food we had that holiday despite trying lots of local places over there. Highly recommended :-)

Thank you both, will take a look on the map.

Caribbean food sounds great but this time we're off to the Med :D Will put it on the list to kick off our next Transatlantic!

Has anyone eaten at Pig in the Wall? Looks very close to our hotel.

Diane

Ennios is very close and Steak of the Art a little further at Ocean Village - both very good. Have a lovely cruise.

We stayed in Southampton before a three weeks cruise to the Caribbean last year. Ended up going to Turtle Bay for some Caribbean food to get in the mood. Turned out to be the best Caribbean food we had that holiday despite trying lots of local places over there. Highly recommended :-)

The Wetherspoons in the High Street is a short walk and does good food, we use it when we stay at the Holiday Inn.

As I'm sure we all know, the Wetherspoons pubs vary hugely in the quality of their food - but I have to say the Wetherspoons in Southampton is one of the very best, it's also a great place for breakfast.

VP

We ate at Chimichanga last time we were in Southampton.

Staying at the Holiday Inn again on 4th Oct and have reservations again at Chimichanga http://www.chimichanga.co.uk/restaurants/southampton/?s=southampton&lat=0&lng=0

Nearer to hotel than we were last time (Jurys Inn) so not as far to travel.

Also noticed quite a few selections of bars and restaurants on Oxford St, Southampton to choose from.

Will probably use 'The Standing Order' Wetherspoons for breakfast before boarding as we have done before though.