Port Canaveral flight 10:50

nimiq

Hello all,

We Will be on the Epic and our ship arrives at 08:00 and are looking into booking our flight back home for 10:50. Is this feasible ? If not we need to wait until 9 pm.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a 45-60 minute drive from PC to MCO. For a 10:50 flight you need to be at the airport by NLT 9:15 or so (and earlier is better - TSA at MCO is often chaos), which means off the ship, with bags, clear of customs/immigration and in your waiting limo/taxi by 8:30 or before.

Too much stress for me too - do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

Book the 9:00 PM flight or better yet extend your vacation and take the morning flight the day after your cruise - spend the day visiting Kennedy SPace Center, the beach or Orlando. :cool:

Way too much stress for me as well. I would opt for next day's flight and be one of the last off the ship with a day of sightseeing! On one of my recent cruises I witnessed a cruiser yelling at guest services because she had booked her return flight too close to the ship's arrival in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would be cutting it too close for me. However, my daughter in law had an early flight and made it. All their transfers were done through the cruise line and they carried all their luggage off instead of putting it out the night before. Why not do the late flight , rent a car and see some sights? A lot less stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope nope nope ;)

Ships arrives at 8, off around 9 (maybe), 20 minutes to get transportation, 50 minutes to airport, then 20-35 minutes through security. I'm not a fan of our airport times, so give plenty of room. The area is great though, so much to do before the 9pm flight!

Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island, boat tours, outdoor activities, and more! You'd even have time to hit up a theme park in Orlando! :)

It took us 2 hours to get through customs when we left Freedom of the Seas in March. Longest wait ever at this port compared to any other we have used. I highly doubt you will make it. In fact the Disney ship was not allowed to disembark by the time we left that morning due to customs shortage (they were rotating staff to each pier). Plus the drive to the airport - don't risk it.

also don't forget that EPIC will be "new" in Canaveral this fall ..... one should expect there to be some bugs in the first few sailings .....

just recently dd sailed MAJESTY here where folks are typically off FAST (and the ship and RCL in general has been here for SOME time) .... she was not off the ship until almost noon. Not because she wanted to stay that long .... there were delays and delays. I was there to pick her up and sat for a couple of hours .... WAY out of ordinary .... but it happens .... (and MAJ has WAY fewer on board ...)