Vibe Beach Club NCL Getaway

beatlurbangardener

Going on the Getaway soon for our honeymoon. I am looking for some updated information on the Vibe Beach Club for NCL Getaway. After searching the forums, google, and even calling NCL I am left confused. If someone who has done this recently could fill in the blanks it would be a great help to all of us considering this option. Can someone confirm and elaborate on:

1. The price seems have changed from $299 to $329 for a week long cabana rental.

2. Week long cabana rentals include $100 OBC that can be used anywhere.

3. What are the hours? Is it 7am - 11pm for the whole area or is that just for the services at the club? If the entire club is 24/7 that is what would really make it worth it.

Thanks!

Going on the Getaway soon for our honeymoon. I am looking for some updated information on the Vibe Beach Club for NCL Getaway. After searching the forums, google, and even calling NCL I am left confused. If someone who has done this recently could fill in the blanks it would be a great help to all of us considering this option. Can someone confirm and elaborate on:

1. The price seems have changed from $299 to $329 for a week long cabana rental.

2. Week long cabana rentals include $100 OBC that can be used anywhere.

3. What are the hours? Is it 7am - 11pm for the whole area or is that just for the services at the club? If the entire club is 24/7 that is what would really make it worth it.

Thanks!

First thing do not get the cabana. They are basically an oven and their is no need to pay the extra cost for them. The best part of being in the Vibe is the chill atmosphere to hang with some other people. Also it is never crowded so if you want to lay on a lounger and relax there is plenty of space to be separate from the other guests around you. It made our Cruise!

The Vibe is not 24/7.

This my video of the Vibe

Yes the cabana 329 no the onboard credit can only be used for the vibe menu which only has a couple items on it and I didn't think the food was any good unless you like cold lobster and the bar staff usually leaves around 8 PM you can go in the beach club anytime you want though we never found it closed the cabana is a nice way to have your own space although we did find it hot sometimes

On 1st Getaway cruise our got Vibe cruise we got the cabana and we loved it. The $100 OBC went directly on the account and was netted against any charges we made on the ship. Add up two individual passes and compare it to the cost of the cabana net the OBC. That is what you are paying for having the cabana V. not. We did not get the Vibe on our 2nd Getaway cruise. We spent more time elsewhere on the ship.

For your honeymoon Id go for it.

What happens to the cost of the cabana if it is too windy to use?

You get no refund, if that is what you are asking. On our last GA cruise Vibe was totally closed for a full day because of the wind, and then another 1/2 day. They pile up the lounges and tie them up, so you can't even use them if you wanted to. They will literally close off the stairways with rope so you can't get up to that deck!

I think it is definitely worth it with two sea days. We found ourselves looking forward to getting back to the ship after excursions to head straight back to vibe. Guests each share their day's experiences and we had our ore-dinner drinks there with what became friends in the Vibe. We ended up pushing back all our dinner reservations so we could close the vibe at 7. We were Western Caribbean in June/July and frankly liked Vibe more than the destinations...

I think it is definitely worth it with two sea days. We found ourselves looking forward to getting back to the ship after excursions to head straight back to vibe. Guests each share their day's experiences and we had our ore-dinner drinks there with what became friends in the Vibe. We ended up pushing back all our dinner reservations so we could close the vibe at 7. We were Western Caribbean in June/July and frankly liked Vibe more than the destinations...

Good know! There are 18 of us, so the odds of getting passes would be against us.

Good know! There are 18 of us, so the odds of getting passes would be against us.

Yes but would be such special fun! We arrived at 10:30, boarding group 11 and had no issues securing the passes. I'd say we boarded first in out group but they had a stack available.

Of course with 18, I guess you have your own party with you wherever you go. There is a very private bar area and nice lounge chairs just outside the vibe door if your group doesn't love the rowdy pool deck. It's actually the same bar that services the Vibe with outstanding bartenders. Could be alternative if your group wants a more secluded outdoors place to have drinks and enjoy one another's company. Enjoy!

Yes but would be such special fun! We arrived at 10:30, boarding group 11 and had no issues securing the passes. I'd say we boarded first in out group but they had a stack available.

Of course with 18, I guess you have your own party with you wherever you go. There is a very private bar area and nice lounge chairs just outside the vibe door if your group doesn't love the rowdy pool deck. It's actually the same bar that services the Vibe with outstanding bartenders. Could be alternative if your group wants a more secluded outdoors place to have drinks and enjoy one another's company. Enjoy!

It certainly would be fun! Hmmmm, perhaps an early morning on embarkation day is warranted.

• 6 years later...

Note: If you are getting on the ship as early as possible to get Vibe beach club passes. You may be disappointed. Even if you are the first person on the ship you may not be able to get Vibe Beach Club Passes. Because, you can now buy these in advance. My cruise is in February 2024 and it is April 2023 now and I have paid for the Vibe Beach Club and it says so on my Cruise Confirmation. So, in the past I have struggled to be the first on the ship and now I am going to meander there from my hotel room which is within walking distance to the ship "Ink 48". 

Edited by nudistcruzer
Typo

On 9/22/2016 at 3:18 PM, kickbutt10 said:

Where do you go to purchases passes on Getaway? Is it still at Guest Services? I know that they moved it on Escape but have not heard about GA.

Thanks!

Now, you need to buy them before you board the ship. I called NCL and paid for them, the passes are now listed on my reservation confirmation. Even if you are the first person on the ship, you may not be able to get a pass.

Edited by nudistcruzer

• 2 weeks later...

I will sail Dec. 6th  (2003) and was able to purchase a cabana in Vibe earlier this month, but the regular pass is not available yet for some reason. The description indicated that there will be a special food and drink menu in the Vibe.  Is this new?  I haven't seen anyone posting about this and would love to see a pic of the menus of anyone has these.

On 4/13/2023 at 4:11 PM, nudistcruzer said:

Note: If you are getting on the ship as early as possible to get Vibe beach club passes. You may be disappointed. Even if you are the first person on the ship you may not be able to get Vibe Beach Club Passes. Because, you can now buy these in advance. My cruise is in February 2024 and it is April 2023 now and I have paid for the Vibe Beach Club and it says so on my Cruise Confirmation. So, in the past I have struggled to be the first on the ship and now I am going to meander there from my hotel room which is within walking distance to the ship "Ink 48". 

On 4/13/2023 at 4:15 PM, nudistcruzer said:

Now, you need to buy them before you board the ship. I called NCL and paid for them, the passes are now listed on my reservation confirmation. Even if you are the first person on the ship, you may not be able to get a pass.

Guys, you are answering a question asked 7 years ago. And that is why it is bad to bump a long dead thread. The Vibe pass process has totally changed since the question was asked 7 years ago. 

Update...just off Escape yesterday. We got on early, no Vibe passes available, wait list only. The lady at GS said later in the week that no one got them from the waitlist, although my wife talked to a lady who said they received them after boarding. Go figure.... they DO NOT hold any passes back according to GS, when they are sold out online, they are gone! Vibe staff were wonderful, had a great time and met some great people! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, Cruisinpips!  I have a question about the "special food and drink menu" available.  Is that only for the cabanas?  Did you happen to see a menu and remember what was on it? Do they give OBC for a cabana purchase still? 

I’ve done the Getaway Vibe in January from NYC to Eastern Caribbean. It’s windy and cold on departure afternoon and the entire first day. Many of us still visited the Vibe to familiarize ourselves with the staff, facilities and other passengers, but we were wearing coats or heavy sweaters (in NYC in December bet on 42 degrees and cloudy, but hope for 58 and sunny and pray you don’t get 17 and snow-all are possible. I’ve lived here for 50+ years and seen it all)
By the second sea day you can begin to enjoy the Vibe, but the winter winds can wreak havoc. Wind will be an issue and it is not uncommon to find the loungers lashed down and unusable.
I’ve never bothered with a cabana because I fail to see the value/advantages other than the fact you have the same spot every day. Sometimes you’re better off being able to move somewhere else to avoid the wind or avoid/seek sun/shade. On windy days the very front of the Vibe is sheltered and can be enjoyed. In a cabana you’re sitting in a windstorm with a choice to either live with the wind or abandon your cabana and move.   It’s very common to find one side of the Vibe being hit with significant wind and the other side very pleasant because the wind is blocked by the Haven structure in the middle of the ship. 
The special food/drink menu is a bit of a misnomer.  They have a cocktail menu that is basically identical to the pool bar menu. It’s merely suggestions-you can order anything you want. The Vibe bar is well stocked and the bartenders are skilled. I’ve seen people drinking frozen drinks, Manhattans, shots, beers, sangria, wine…..whatever.   I’ve never seen anyone order from the special food menu. They bring fruit and cookies around during the day, and occasionally sandwiches. People frequently bring items in from the buffet. On the Bliss in Alaska the Vibe staff would bring chowder from the buffet to passengers. I suspect the special food items that you will pay full price for are obtained from the buffet two decks below the Vibe on most ship or are simply items tossed into a convection oven for 30 seconds by Vibe staff. Go to the buffet and bring in your own panini. 

The Vibe on port days is very enjoyable and a favorite spot for me and my family. Great place to go after spending the day sightseeing in port.
On the return home the Vibe usually gets cold/windy the afternoon before arrival in NY. Depending on itinerary you might have 2 sea days before arriving in NY at 4 am. The last day is probably a lost day-we stop in, tip the staff, say thank you and goodbye then move to an inside/heated bar-I’m not crazy.  

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise. 

Thanks so much, MCMC100 for this very informative post! I was able to visualize how it looks from your details and the tips are very much appreciated! It’s nice to know we can bring buffet items in and this is probably what we will do for lunch every day (except maybe not the last 🥶).

On 4/23/2023 at 5:56 PM, BirdTravels said:

Guys, you are answering a question asked 7 years ago. And that is why it is bad to bump a long dead thread. The Vibe pass process has totally changed since the question was asked 7 years ago. 

So your are saying just leave incorrect information for people to find? It's bad to prevent people from learning incorrect outdated information? The reason to respond to a question from 7 years ago is because "The Vibe pass process has totally changed since the question was asked 7 years ago."  When I searched for information on the Vibe Beach Club, this thread popped up. If I hadn't landed here looking for information about the Vibe Beach Club in 2023, I wouldn't have updated the information.

Also, the specific question that I answered was never answered before. 

Edited by nudistcruzer
  • Thanks 1