Orlando Hotel & shuttle to pier booked through RCI

Liesel

We just booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean leaving out of Port Canaveral.

It looks like a lot of people here are concerned about transportation to the port from a hotel in Orlando.

Has anyone booked a hotel in Orlando through the cruise line?? I was told that they will book at the Doubletree at Orlando Airport that would include free shuttle service the next morning to the pier. I think she said that they also book into the Park Inn which also included shuttle service to the pier. Does this sound too good to be so??

Our experience has been that hotels booked through the cruise line are priced very high. Be careful when you compare prices, because the cruise line typically quotes "per person" prices for the hotel. I'd book the hotel myself and use a shuttle such as Cortrans for $20pp.

I used to work for them years ago. Personally I don't suggest them because of pricing. I was in charge of shuttling arrivals from flights directly to the port for immediate departure on the ship. You'd be better off booking at ANY hotel/motel in your price range in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. Get a taxi/uber to that hotel. Then uber the morning of to the ship ($3-$10 for a group depending on hotel location).

RCI prices for those packages are crazy high. I remember seeing Florida hotel for like $600 a night with transportation. If you're going with Doubletree at MCO check these guys out they just partnered with them and the price is really good and all the transportation is included.

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/fly-snooze-cruise/orlando-airport/doubletree-orlando-airport/

http://www.goportcanaveral.com/blog/doubletree-partners-go-port-canaveral/

Jonbiz, thank you for posting those links. I was unaware of this partnership. I agree with you that those are good rates. I've only cruised out of Pt. Canaveral once, and it was a hassle. This arrangement between the Port and Orlando hotels makes it easy.

Roz

RCI prices for those packages are crazy high. I remember seeing Florida hotel for like $600 a night with transportation. If you're going with Doubletree at MCO check these guys out they just partnered with them and the price is really good and all the transportation is included.

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/fly-snooze-cruise/orlando-airport/doubletree-orlando-airport/

http://www.goportcanaveral.com/blog/doubletree-partners-go-port-canaveral/

Please OP, be sure to check reviews on those hotels. Sure, the America's best hotel seems like a great deal at $126 with all included. However that hotel sells for $44 online (with travel doesn't make it much more of savings), but it's a terrible terrible hotel. It recently switched names and got new ownership as our town is building up. However it's well known for drugs and prostitution. Definitely NOT something your vacation needs to consist of. You will not find a reputable hotel in Cocoa.

Titusville will save you on taxi fare from MCO, with an uber trip of $15 to the Port. (Holiday Inn is beautiful with an on site restaurant). Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach will save you time come the day of departure. ❤️