.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

23 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Our opinion of the younger generations has sunk so low that we have arranged in our trust for our assets to go to Doberman Pinscher rescue organizations...

What a coincidence, I have recently changed me name to Dobie Pinscher.  A rescue would be nice...🍸

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

And your spare bitcoin...🍸

Don’t I wish 😞

Bag to be shipped is packed, only 40lb (allowance was 50).  But it is stuffed to the bursting point.  I hope Luggage Forward plastic wraps the bag.

Ok,ok, I’ll admit, it’s not all DW’s shoes.  We packed our masks, snorkels, and fins because Viking could not guarantee the snorkel excursions would have fins!  They said masks and snorkels would for sure be available - yuck!   We always bring our own masks and snorkels, but use the dive operators fins.  We have some lightweight fins suitable for snorkeling, so bringing them along.  Bulky, but don’t weigh much.  And the mesh back-pack for me to haul all the gear around 😞

Global... cooling?

Here it is Memorial Day and it is too cold here in coastal SoCal to fire up a swimming pool!  Memorial Day used to mark the beginning of pool season.    And it got cold in early October.  We’ve had the heat on in the house from early October until a week or so ago.  Almost having second thoughts on the new pool project :-0   Maybe a sauna would be more appropriate...

39 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Global... cooling?

Here it is Memorial Day and it is too cold here in coastal SoCal to fire up a swimming pool!  Memorial Day used to mark the beginning of pool season.    And it got cold in early October.  We’ve had the heat on in the house from early October until a week or so ago.  Almost having second thoughts on the new pool project :-0   Maybe a sauna would be more appropriate...

But you already have bookings for Ragnar’s Casa de Anejo.🥃🍸😎

15 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Bring your parka and wetsuit...

You’re not putting us off…………the wine cellar is still well stocked right.

We can wait out a dip in temperature but that sauna isa must.

9 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Since fools rush in where angels fear to tread, we are taking the Guinea Pig Viking cruise at Bermuda on the 15th...  What could go wrong???

Leonard Cohen has something to say on the subject……..boat leaking, Captain lying BUT Hum’s sure it will all be great.

Are the keys still under the mat ?

Edited by ho-hum

11 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Mr. Hum, not to worry.  I left the window unlatched in the ground floor guest room so we can squeeze in there while Raggy is stuck in Bermuda on quarantine......🍸

The “squeezing in” maybe unrealistic for Hum……….Hum will keep look out for “Slim Jim” instead.

13 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

And if you can, bring your tools to open the wine cellar door.  Otherwise I will have to shoot the lock off..😱

Just “shoot the lock off”……we have to get started from the off but point the gun away from the Dom Perignon. There’s some weird California blends that are best shot……so point towards them instead.

Yee-ha

• Haha 1