.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

19 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

This is divulging state secrets, but ho-hum is actually Brad Pitts cousin, Peach Pitt.   Ta-dump-tshhhhhh

See you’ve joined the Imbeciles with a “peach” of a post.

. 😃😃😃😃

Edited by ho-hum
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Mr. Hum, are you planning to be on the Westbound transatlantic if it happens?  Then a few weeks in the Carib?  Curious minds want to know....🍸

Both TAs are a must despite them being much more cramped in recent years.

We always do both.

Hum isn’t a great fan of the Caribbean but being out of the UK during winter is appealing so a week in St.Barts has become the preferred option………a final visit to Sir Richard’s place is “on the cards” too.

Meeting up with chums is an important consideration too and our American and Canadian chums always entice us to meet up but not flying in via the Sates.

Hoping “curious minds” are satisfied.

Edited by ho-hum
Canadians
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Somewhat satisfied...🍺

Hum was curious why you were only “somewhat satisfied”.

Maybe because Hum didn’t clarify the meeting point for meeting up with chums….well it’s SD of course !
And Blondie loves to be “home at sea” for her birthday.

Then there’s a week after New Year week.

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

There, was that so hard?🍸

First Mr.Grumpy……….now Mr.Cranky.

”Idle Jotting” have many vacancies for fun, humorous posts from nice Sea Dream lovers.

Edited by ho-hum
First post was a tad sharp (in a Hum humorous way) so it was “pulled”. Love Jim
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, you know what a sensitive guy I am...🍸

Oh no, I just read that Ragnar had to cancel his Viking cruise due to injury. Apparently, it was in the shower. He must have been chasing his dogs tail when getting out and slipped and fell. 😉 Get well soon and hope you did not fracture your foot 😉

4 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Oh no, I just read that Ragnar had to cancel his Viking cruise due to injury. Apparently, it was in the shower. He must have been chasing his dogs tail when getting out and slipped and fell. 😉 Get well soon and hope you did not fracture your foot 😉

His DW injured her back.  Got a no fly from her Dr.  And they lost their dog a few months back.🍸

2 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

His DW injured her back.  Got a no fly from her Dr.  And they lost their dog a few months back.🍸

I hope she gets well. I read about the older dog, but I thought they now have a new pup? He mentioned a cranberry scrub so I was teasing. Sorry.

1 minute ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I hope she gets well. I read about the older dog, but I thought they now have a new pup? He mentioned a cranberry scrub so I was teasing. Sorry.

No, don't worry, Raggy can handle lots of teasing.  They had a new pup picked out but it didn't work out.  So, like us, dogless and able to travel more.😎

52 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Those darn cranberries are like ball bearings on the shower floor.

Your spokesperson (political correct version: thankyou prescriptive writing) has been doing a wonderful job keeping the SD nation abreast of rolling developments of your on/off travel plans, on/off pooch plans and most importantly the condition of your wonderful lady.

Given all this new found spare time.

You should increase your energies to begin the pool and jacuzzi.

• Like 1

Since Idle Jottings is for rambling off the wall stuff I will ask why SD has the highest port charges on earth tacked on?  In looking at the Transatlantic on SDII the port charges tacked on are $588 p/p!!  A TA.  counting embark and disembark three whole ports....  Even the mass market ships only tack on a couple of hundred and they nickel and dime at every opportunity.  Most of the "better'' lines include it in the fare.  What's up SD?  At this price point and with SD's supposed inclusions port charges, and oh yes Wi-Fi, should be included.  As is SD only includes gratuities and most booze.  Falling behind the competition here SD.🍸

• Like 1

If a SD boat breaks down in the middle of the Atlantic, who brings out the spare parts or tows the scow and seasick pax to the nearest port?  Is that something the departure and-or arrival ports are responsible for?  I.e. is there an insurance component to “port charges”?

More likely a “never give a sucker an even break” component...

Haha, sounds better than a “resort fee”.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1