Using computers but not internet in iLounge.

Fjord4Fun

Is it possible to use the computers in the iLounge on Celebrity to connect an SD card reader and hard drive to back up camera images? If so do they charge. I read elsewhere that their computers do not have USB ports but I guess the writer was not familiar with where the ports are on iMacs.

I'd ask Celebrity this but (a) they would take 2 weeks to answer and (b) from experience their answer would most likely be wrong.

Probably yes you can. I asked on Infinity, was told sure no problem. I didn't ask on Millennium because I had come up with a different set of back-up solutions.

1. I shoot RAW + JPEG. The jpg files (smaller size) are copied onto my iPad daily. Reviewed, many deleted. Original jpegs left on the card.

2. RAW files are never moved. I carry 10-20 64GB cards with me for a trip, depending on trip length. At about 1100 RAW files per card, that gives me capacity for over 20,000 images.

3. Meanwhile, just to be safer, I have a 2tb drive that has an SD card reader incorporated. So I copy the RAW SD cards to the HD once a card is full.

So, I have my RAW originals on the SD cards, I have a backup on the 2tb drive, and if those both fail I have the "keepers" in jpg form both on SD cards and on the iPad.

Hope your Verizon store will have some. My experience when the 6 came out and I was traveling was that no Verizon store had any stock. I managed to snag one at the Apple store in Charleston, SC on the very last day of the free upgrade offer.

I DONT THINK THEY ARE BEING OFFERED FOR FREE THIS TIME. Didn't mean to "yell". My all caps button was on by accident. :)