Trying to wait patiently...

Always amazed that people plan a cruise 18+months out!! :eek: Are there super secret special deals to plan that far out?? I never know anything that far in advance!

No secret deals, but many times the best prices and choice of stateroom, especially if one is interested in suites.

It's hard! I hang out on the roll call thread and hopefully make a connection with others who are also impatiently waiting. I also research ports and plan excursions. And, I shop for cruise clothes at end of season sales.

That's exactly what I do. Then I take a few days off before I check this site again. Great buys on summer clothes at Macy's. 😋

It's amazing how fast the time goes. I try not to focus on "next cruise" because I want to enjoy all of the time in between.

That said, I really love participating in roll calls and reading reviews and reviewing excursions and all of the stuff leading up to the cruise. It makes it exciting for all of the waiting time. On many cruises I've felt like we were friends with people in the roll call before we even ever met them in person.

Tom

Always amazed that people plan a cruise 18+months out!! :eek: Are there super secret special deals to plan that far out?? I never know anything that far in advance!

I'll just say, its worth looking at. I will say about RC, they are consistently inconsistent. If you look at my cruise history I have a good idea of what a D class balcony on a 7 day Caribbean cruise in May should cost. (allowing for some variation based on many factors) Once in awhile you hear about great deals when new cruises are posted and this forum is great for telling others. When I got back from Freedom in 2015 where I reserved my Oasis 2016, someone mentioned JS prices for that 7 day southern were A LOT less than the cruise I had taken, so I jumped on it 700 days out. That cruise is now 400% more than what I paid.