BOGO Dining Package: Anthem

sammydh82

Good Morning!

I just purchased a BOGO dining package for our Anthem sailing in January and I'm just trying to make sure I understand it fully! We have never indulged in specialty restaurants so it is all new to us, so please forgive anything that may sound like a stupid question!

First, I know you have to dine in the specialty restaurants on nights 1 and 2 and that they apparently pre-select restaurants for you. I guess if you are not happy with what they select you can go to any restaurant and request the restaurant reservation you wanted? Does that usually work our for people on boarding day?

In turn, has anyone had any luck calling RC in advance and asking for the specific reservations they want? For example, we want to dine in Wonderland and probably Chops...I don't know the odds of them assigning us to those, so could I call C&A or someone else to attempt to make sure we get those? I know space is limited so any pre-boarding reservations I could accomplish would be reassuring.

Lastly, as far as I understand the $30 pp that I already paid is the total amount I will be charged to eat in two specialty restaurants. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance for any input and your understanding of our lack of knowledge on this subject! :D:D

... Lastly, as far as I understand the $30 pp that I already paid is the total amount I will be charged to eat in two specialty restaurants. Is that correct?...

You would be charged more if you order more than one entree or if you order certain "premium" entrees in Chops.

You would be charged more if you order more than one entree or if you order certain "premium" entrees in Chops.

Thanks, Bob! So, we'd be good under the pre-paid cost if we stuck to non-upcharged entrees and one a piece. Good to know. :)

Thanks, Bob! So, we'd be good under the pre-paid cost if we stuck to non-upcharged entrees and one a piece. Good to know. :)

You've got it.:)

By the way, you can have multiple starters without extra charge.

Edited by clarea

Glad you posted this question. I was just about to ask the same thing. Is there a way to call Royal Caribbean and request 2 restaurants you would prefer to dine in? If there is not a way to do this, then when we get in the ship, if we want to try to change the reservations what is the likelihood that we will get the times that not really early or late?

When we get on the ship, is there a place we can find out what the restaurants and times we are given before we are able to get into our rooms? Can we see this on the Royal Caribbean app?

Just off the Anthem and we did purchase the BOGO for the first two nights. A card detailing our reservations was in our cabin when we arrived. I did not check the app before this. We were assigned Jamie's for night one and Chops for night two. I visited Chops on embarkation day to see if we could alter the times, which we could. While there I inquired about changing our Jamie's reservation to Wonderland. The gentleman at Chops picked up the phone, called over to Wonderland and secured us a reservation for that evening with no problem. He was happy to do it. Our experience at Wonderland was incredible. I highly recommend it. We dined at Chops on night 2 as part of the BOGO and decided to try Jamie's later in the cruise at the regular price. We enjoyed all of these specialty dining venues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just off the Anthem and we did purchase the BOGO for the first two nights. A card detailing our reservations was in our cabin when we arrived. I did not check the app before this. We were assigned Jamie's for night one and Chops for night two. I visited Chops on embarkation day to see if we could alter the times, which we could. While there I inquired about changing our Jamie's reservation to Wonderland. The gentleman at Chops picked up the phone, called over to Wonderland and secured us a reservation for that evening with no problem. He was happy to do it. Our experience at Wonderland was incredible. I highly recommend it. We dined at Chops on night 2 as part of the BOGO and decided to try Jamie's later in the cruise at the regular price. We enjoyed all of these specialty dining venues.

Thank you! That's great to hear, as it is exactly what we want to try to do! I'm glad you enjoyed them all! :)

Were they able to give you the times you initially had reserved?

How much is that Bogo and can you get it for a 5 day cruise? Thanks

The BOGO offer is currently $30 per person, so for a couple it's $60 to eat in the 2 specialty restaurants. I can't tell you about availability, it's another one of those things that seems to show up for some cruises and not others.

Thank you! That's great to hear, as it is exactly what we want to try to do! I'm glad you enjoyed them all! :)

Were they able to give you the times you initially had reserved?

When we booked the package the only time available was 5:30. We were able to move both reservations for 2 to 6:30.

What I do as soon as you enter the ship on boarding day you enter on the fifth deck. Turn to your right and wonderland is right there. Tell the person at the desk to check your BOGO reservation. If you are not happy with the time or restaurant they will make the change right there for you. Shhhh! Don't tell too many people or the line will be long. 😀

Guest maddycat
Just checked and I got the offer in the Cruise planner.

When booking it only asks for a time slot for one night, then the next night is the same, correct?

Correct.