TV in stateroom

cisco 09

Hi guys. We will be departing on our first NFL cruise next month. Can anyone tell me if we have a movie channel on our stateroom TV and can we watch in our own time eg over a clue of nights. Sad to say our partying days are over and we love to finish our evening with a cocktail and a good movie!!

Hi guys. We will be departing on our first NFL cruise next month. Can anyone tell me if we have a movie channel on our stateroom TV and can we watch in our own time eg over a clue of nights. Sad to say our partying days are over and we love to finish our evening with a cocktail and a good movie!!

Yes. Your cabin TV should have a channel that plays somewhat recent movies, a channel that plays random TV shows, a bunch of news channels, a sports channel, and several NCL info/sales channels. You will also have access to Pay-Per-View movies (I think they're $9.95 each).

Thank you. No intentions of paying for any movies! We just enjoyed the system on Princess where you can watch movies in your time over any number of nights.Hubby and I took turns choosing and caught up with lots we had missed in the cinema.

Thank you. No intentions of paying for any movies! We just enjoyed the system on Princess where you can watch movies in your time over any number of nights.Hubby and I took turns choosing and caught up with lots we had missed in the cinema.

We loved how Princess did that with a schedule for the movies. NCL does not. The only station that is free doesn't do much in movies. They show old television shows. We stay in suites so are lucky to get free movies. Otherwise not much to watch on the limited channels NCL offers.

Edited by jjikids

We loved how Princess did that with a schedule for the movies. NCL does not. The only station that is free doesn't do much in movies. They show old television shows. We stay in suites so are lucky to get free movies. Otherwise not much to watch on the limited channels NCL offers.

I agree....NCL tv really sucks!!!!! In fact when my mother and I were approached by some NCL executives on our cruise (they were on board asking for overall expedience from people) we told them. The TV in our cabin was constantly freezing and getting to the movies was frustrating. Now of course you don't go on a cruise to watch tv in your cabin. However my mother was ill during the cruise and there were some times she was unable to leave the cabin.

After dinner hubby likes to retire to cabin and watch tv.

There is no tv guide. We would just flip through channels, and find movies and TV shows that way. They could improve with tv channels.

They had a nice selection of pay per view movies, which hubby rented. We were in a balcony and the tv was a nice size for our cabin. I watched from the sofa comfortably as hubby laid on the bed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

After dinner hubby likes to retire to cabin and watch tv.

There is no tv guide. We would just flip through channels, and find movies and TV shows that way. They could improve with tv channels.

They had a nice selection of pay per view movies, which hubby rented. We were in a balcony and the tv was a nice size for our cabin. I watched from the sofa comfortably as hubby laid on the bed.

Enjoy your cruise.

The more I read on these boards and talk to friends. acquaintances etc who love to cruise. I am realizing there are different types of passengers..those like my sister and her husband who love cruising and like the intense port cruises and then when they come home complain and are exhausted :). And there are some like myself who prefer a more relaxing cruise and have already been there done that with most of ports I cruise to and are looking for peace....and then some like with my mom who didn't realize that she wasn't up to do what she wanted so she had more "down" time than she anticipated. My last 3 cruises I was very happy enjoying the peace of my balcony...I always feel guilty at home knowing that I could be doing something more productive then reading. Being on a cruise I don't have that guilt because .....well cant clean the bathroom if I am here! I use to feel a bit guilty for hanging out in my balcony but I do wonder now if cruising times have changed a bit...what are the stats? Maybe more folks enjoy the privacy and relaxation of a cabin with tv and room service? Maybe the cruise-lines should cater a bit more for those people and offer a better cabin experience?? just a thought...

Right. On Regal, they have interactive TV.

Right. On Regal, they have interactive TV.

We caught up on movies last May on the Regal. But are on the Dawn next month not as intense with just the 1 port so may not be in the cabin as much.

Last time on the Dawn they offered us DVDs do they still have them? If not can we still bring some for our grandson (and late night Jurassic World for me)? We take him to the show when it's singing & dancing otherwise he's bored he is only 6. This time his parents are with us so they will need to watch him after, but any grandparent knows how that works out :). Will want him in the cabin by 11 at least most nights earlier so want to have something to keep him entertained.

Not all the ships have PPV movies. Don't know about the Jewel.

For the free movie channels, the schedule is usually displayed on one of the NCL info channels. But you have to watch for a while before it cycles to that screen. There's one or two channels for movies in English, and then a couple for movies in other languages. Not a great selection.