Eastern Caribbean Pride October 2nd Questions

BubblesJo

Hi all!

My significant other and I are going on our first cruise on October 2nd on the Carnvial Pride to the Eastern Caribbean. We have a few questions, if anyone could answer that would be great!

1. Which nights are the formal nights? We know there are 2 of them.

2. We want to do the chef's table and reserved on the website but we didn't have to pay anything at the time and just received an email saying our reservation has been confirmed but it will tell us the day before embarkating the date and time? Is this true? We were hoping to know when it would be before hand because we wanted to plan when we were going to do our anniversary dinner at David's Steakhouse. Any questions answered on Chef's Table would be great because we are also wondering when we will pay?

3. How formal do people get for the dress up nights?

Thanks!

Amanda

Welcome to cruising! I have never sailed Pride but have done the Eastern Caribbean several times. Carnival's formal nights are now called "elegant" nights, reflecting the trend of most passengers to a more relaxed dress code. You will see a variety of dress on those days, For women, the range is from "Sunday best" to cocktail dresses, with a few (less and less nowadays, it seems) long gowns. Men will range from long pants and a collared shirt (with or without a tie), to a sport coat or suit, and fewer in a tux. I usually do a simple black dress with fancy accessories or black evening slacks with a blingy top. DH has not done a tux or even a suit for years, but opts for dark trousers and a dress shirt and tie, sport coat optional. We find that this level of formality is the norm, with a few dressed less formally and a few, more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love the Pride and this cruise. We have sailed that week three on the Pride.

1. There are two and they have been on Monday and Friday nights.

2. Never did the chef's Table, but if I recall correctly if you dine at David's the first night of the cruise you receive a free bottle of wine. However, I'm not sure if they still do that.

3. Over the years "Formal" nights have transformed to what now known as "Elegant" nights. Per CCL website not permitted on Elegant nights are Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire. You will see dress shirts and slacks to jeans or shorts and no collar shirts for men and gowns, dress etc to jeans or shorts and a tee shirts for women. It appears each ship handles this matter differently. We like to dress up so we do.

This is your vacation be comfortable and enjoy your cruise. Don't over pack!!! Be open to different things and experiences. Enjoy your time away.

Have fun!!!

Edited by JMAE

Hi BubblesJo! My Hubby and I will be on this sailing also! We're so excited to sail on the Pride! I hope you love the cruise and have lots of fun, have you joined the Roll Call?

Hello!

I am pretty excited as this is my first cruise and I have not had a vacation in awhile! I have also never been to the Caribbean.

As far as Roll Call goes...I have seen things about the Meet and Greets but I am not sure how to do it. Silly newbie LOL

My BF is also not a huge social bug and I am not sure he will want to attend?

BF and I are on this cruise.. This will be my 2nd cruise..his 3rd(but first with Carnival)

Per Carnival's website: An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge of the Chef’s Table and the charges will be applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account.

As for elegant night, with my first Carnival cruise..I saw sundresses, khakis, button-down shirts, sequined gowns and tuxes. So basically anything but shorts, tees and jeans are acceptable.

For this trip, BF and I are dressing up for the first elegant night..I have a fancy cocktail dress. And for the 2nd elegant night, we are going to the steakhouse to celebrate our anniversary.

BF and I are on this cruise.. This will be my 2nd cruise..his 3rd(but first with Carnival)

Per Carnival's website: An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge of the Chef’s Table and the charges will be applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account.

As for elegant night, with my first Carnival cruise..I saw sundresses, khakis, button-down shirts, sequined gowns and tuxes. So basically anything but shorts, tees and jeans are acceptable.

For this trip, BF and I are dressing up for the first elegant night..I have a fancy cocktail dress. And for the 2nd elegant night, we are going to the steakhouse to celebrate our anniversary.

Very nice! My BF and I will be celebrating 5 years together :D That will be Thursday night though but, we are still going to dress up I think even though its not an elegant night!

I just got some dresses from Express and from Dress Barn that should hopefully do the trick. Definitely won't be in jeans/shorts. I don't have any fancy long gowns to wear as much as I would love to because that would be so fun. Not often you get a chance to dress up like that.

Hello!

I am pretty excited as this is my first cruise and I have not had a vacation in awhile! I have also never been to the Caribbean.

As far as Roll Call goes...I have seen things about the Meet and Greets but I am not sure how to do it. Silly newbie LOL

My BF is also not a huge social bug and I am not sure he will want to attend?

I feel your pain, Hubby is also not very social, we never go to the meet and greet. Just a tip, if you don't want to sit with others during dinner you can request a table for 2 in the MDR, we always do!

Edited by dandn10

I feel your pain, Hubby is also not very social, we never go to the meet and greet. Just a tip, if you don't want to sit with others during dinner you can request a table for 2 in the MDR, we always do!

Thank you for the tip! How would I go about requesting a table for 2??

Thank you for the tip! How would I go about requesting a table for 2??

If you selected 'YOUR TIME DINING' just show up whenever you want (I think between 5:30 and 9:00) and request a table for two. I like the flexibility of YTD especially on Port Days.

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate all the replies. I saw someone mention bringi g lanyards for your sail and sign card but I dont remember where! Is there a hole un the card that i can hook one onto or do I need a sleeve for the card hooked onto the lanyard??

Right now I'm just hoping for nice weather!!

I appreciate all the replies. I saw someone mention bringi g lanyards for your sail and sign card but I dont remember where! Is there a hole un the card that i can hook one onto or do I need a sleeve for the card hooked onto the lanyard??

Right now I'm just hoping for nice weather!!

Indeed! Looks like Matthew will impact your eastern itinerary if you are leaving tomorrow.

Carnival hasn't put up a change of itinerary for your cruise yet, but be prepared for that possibility. You'll want to be away from rough waters for your 1st cruise!

I'm pretty sure it was either Tuesday or Wednesday for the Chef's Table. We did it our first week on a B2B so I sort of lost track. I don't think that they necessarily schedule it for the same night each cruise though. FYI, don't wear any pants that will drag....after doing the galley tour I threw my dress pants in the trash, lol!