Some Divina Dining questions please

chisoxfan

I just stumbled across MSC and see a 9 night mid Jan cruise available. We are considering it lieu of a mid Jan. NCL Getaway cruise. Have done some expedited research and it remains somewhat confusing.

Anyway, an important question for us is dining- we would book the Aurea class balcony with 'anytime' dining. My understanding is even with this you are still assigned a table and a dining room but there is some flexibility in when you dine ie. you can modify the fixed time. We prefer a table for two and it appears this would not be guaranteed and that we would

potentially be assigned seats at a larger table.

We have not had the fixed dining experience since Norway and X many years ago and are not sure we would care for this. I assume the YC is the same (understand this is a dedicated restaurant) but not important since no YC cabins available.

Appreciate comments and insights!

We are X, NCL and Princess cruisers and looking at a possible new line.

The Divina looks beautiful but we are understandably put off by the many negative reviews.

We are booked on Getaway with a spa balcony and would book same with Aurea. Price is fairly consistent although the MSC is two more nights(MSC would probably be 300 total more not including the 'free' massages).

Thank you sincerely for any guidance/ comparisons you can offer.

Edited by chisoxfan

I have sailed Divina twice (just did a sailing August 27) and have a third and fourth booked. We are Elite Plus with Celebrity. We loved Divina! She is a beautiful ship. We thought the food was great and the entertainment phenomenal. The last cruise we were in Yacht Club and it was absolutely wonderful.

My understanding re the "anytime dining" under Aurea is that you go see the host at the MDR to which you have been assigned and ask/tell him what time you'd like to eat. It must be the same time each night. You can request a table for two, but, as you said, you are not guaranteed one. The Yacht Club restaurant, Le Muse, works differently but if you aren't considering that for your sailing no point in my saying more.

I'd be happy to answer any questions I can.

I have sailed Divina twice (just did a sailing August 27) and have a third and fourth booked. We are Elite Plus with Celebrity. We loved Divina! She is a beautiful ship. We thought the food was great and the entertainment phenomenal. The last cruise we were in Yacht Club and it was absolutely wonderful.

My understanding re the "anytime dining" under Aurea is that you go see the host at the MDR to which you have been assigned and ask/tell him what time you'd like to eat. It must be the same time each night. You can request a table for two, but, as you said, you are not guaranteed one. The Yacht Club restaurant, Le Muse, works differently but if you aren't considering that for your sailing no point in my saying more.

I'm pretty much a regular in the Haven on NCL but I booked the Yacht Club on the Divina for next year...seemed like a lot for the money, but I am reading very conflicting reports about dress. My wife and I are not real dressy type folks . Just read where one person said "shorts and

T-shirts are never acceptable for breakfast , lunch or dinner in La Muse." Another one wrote that he and his entire party wore shorts and T-shirts for breakfast and lunch every day with no problem. I understand that proper dress is required for dinner and no bathing suits at any time ....but can you clarify how La Muse works and WHAT is the 'dress code' ??

Hi, Ranger,

I just asked a question myself about shorts in LeMuse for breakfast and lunch, since I was reading old threads and came across exactly what you posted.

It seems it would be ridiculous to have such a rule in the Caribbean.

From the answers I received, I think it'll be OK for dh to wear shorts, have breakfast and then go out.

Anyway, your post caught my eye because we're in Punta Gorda too!

Hi, Ranger,

I just asked a question myself about shorts in LeMuse for breakfast and lunch, since I was reading old threads and came across exactly what you posted.

It seems it would be ridiculous to have such a rule in the Caribbean.

From the answers I received, I think it'll be OK for dh to wear shorts, have breakfast and then go out.

Anyway, your post caught my eye because we're in Punta Gorda too!

PGI here!!!

I'm pretty much a regular in the Haven on NCL but I booked the Yacht Club on the Divina for next year...seemed like a lot for the money, but I am reading very conflicting reports about dress. My wife and I are not real dressy type folks . Just read where one person said "shorts and

T-shirts are never acceptable for breakfast , lunch or dinner in La Muse." Another one wrote that he and his entire party wore shorts and T-shirts for breakfast and lunch every day with no problem. I understand that proper dress is required for dinner and no bathing suits at any time ....but can you clarify how La Muse works and WHAT is the 'dress code' ??

We were in the Yacht Club on the Divina in July and shorts/T-shirts were definitely allowed in Le Muse for breakfast and lunch.

Thank you. I am pretty certain we would enjoy the YC experience. Just unsure of the "standard" balcony. The dining may be a deal breaker for us as regimented time and table isn't what we are accustomed to.

It was pretty much a deal breaker for us as well. The first time we sailed Divina we were with another couple and so we made the best of it....eating earlier than we would have liked. At least we were just at a table for four. Then when I read that I could book a certain level balcony "experience" and that would give me Anytime Dining I got all excited until I read more and found out you had to go at the same time every evening.... So the Yacht Club it was! And we LOVED it! Alas, now I don't think I can ever go back to a regular balcony experience....

It was pretty much a deal breaker for us as well. The first time we sailed Divina we were with another couple and so we made the best of it....eating earlier than we would have liked. At least we were just at a table for four. Then when I read that I could book a certain level balcony "experience" and that would give me Anytime Dining I got all excited until I read more and found out you had to go at the same time every evening.... So the Yacht Club it was! And we LOVED it! Alas, now I don't think I can ever go back to a regular balcony experience....

Yes, we have pretty much ruled out MSC based on the dining situation. We like to eat when we are hungry or when convenient and never did appreciate dining with strangers on our vacation. Would be very open to try a YC cruise if the opportunity arose.

Same here!

We sail mostly NCL and LOVE the flexibility of their dining. We don't mind the set time as much as having to sit at a large table on MSC. There's very few tables for 2. And we go to the dining room for most meals.

We just returned from a week on the Divina. We upgraded to Yacht Club at a really good price. And it was a FABULOUS experience. We're going to have a hard time going back to an ordinary balcony room. But the price isn't always so good and we're not sure it's worth double the price of the cruise.

Le Muse was great too. No sharing tables there. Very few tables were occupied at lunch and dinner. And all meals were very casual. No problem with shorts and tee shirts at breakfast and lunch. Even formal nights were more casual than I expected. Jackets weren't necessary but I was glad my husband had a sports jacket with him. And he wore no tie.

We too are considering that 9 night Divina cruise in January. But I'm leading towards the NCL Escape for dining reasons only.

Same here!

We sail mostly NCL and LOVE the flexibility of their dining. We don't mind the set time as much as having to sit at a large table on MSC. There's very few tables for 2. And we go to the dining room for most meals.

We just returned from a week on the Divina. We upgraded to Yacht Club at a really good price. And it was a FABULOUS experience. We're going to have a hard time going back to an ordinary balcony room. But the price isn't always so good and we're not sure it's worth double the price of the cruise.

Le Muse was great too. No sharing tables there. Very few tables were occupied at lunch and dinner. And all meals were very casual. No problem with shorts and tee shirts at breakfast and lunch. Even formal nights were more casual than I expected. Jackets weren't necessary but I was glad my husband had a sports jacket with him. And he wore no tie.

We too are considering that 9 night Divina cruise in January. But I'm leading towards the NCL Escape for dining reasons only.

Sorry but YC was sold out on 9 night Divinia cruise. We would have looked at this also. Looks like we are now leaning towards an aft balcony on Eurodam mid Jan.I am just too concerned about the 'crowd' on the Getaway.

Same here!

Correction: Very few tables were occupied in Le Muse for breakfast and lunch. Sometimes we were the only ones there.

They offered a red and a white wine for lunch and dinner and they were different ones at each meal. Excellent selections! I went there everyday for lunch just to have their wine selection.

while talking about the dress for dinner - I understand my husband and i will need to dress wearing pants/dress shirt - Do they have the same requirement for kids/teens? just wondering if my kids would get away with wearing jean shorts or regular jeans with t-shirts or if we need to plan to bring dresses

while talking about the dress for dinner - I understand my husband and i will need to dress wearing pants/dress shirt - Do they have the same requirement for kids/teens? just wondering if my kids would get away with wearing jean shorts or regular jeans with t-shirts or if we need to plan to bring dresses

No they can't. This is not Carnival.

Do they have the same requirement for kids/teens? just wondering if my kids would get away with wearing jean shorts or regular jeans with t-shirts or if we need to plan to bring dresses

First, let me apologize for other folks rudeness. You don't specify if you are speaking of the main dining room or Le Muse for Yacht Club. If the main dining room, your kids will be fine as long as they are nice jeans with none of those "fashion" holes or rips. You will see many others wearing jeans (even if others here may disapprove :rolleyes:). Formal nights are the exception. If you are speaking of Le Muse, I'm thinking they would be more comfortable and fit in better with dresses.

Hope this helps.

Bret