New to regent - questions

KaraokeQueen

Bill, Silversea does give included internet to guests in the top suites. The big difference is that most of the ships are much smaller than Regent ships (their largest ship holds 450 passengers). So, when you look at a small ship where only the top categories get unlimited internet, you're looking small number of passengers.

Silver Spirit holds 540 passengers. Not sure if a typo or genuine error but just wanted to get that correct.

Laundry is definitely included in the Silver category and above. In fact, they now include all pressing and dry cleaning.

Really happy to hear this news! This goes to show what can happen when a benefit is left off of an advertisement. We receive a lot of mail from Silversea and was looking into one cruise in particular but noticed that laundry was not on the list of benefits for the Silver category (I could have missed it but was looking for it).

Isklaar - for some reason my brain discounts the Silver Spirit (really dislike that ship). I was probably thinking of the Seabourn ships and mixed them in with the two Silversea ships that we love (Whisper and Shadow - 382 passengers), the old ship (296 passengers) and the expedition ships (under 150 passengers each except for the Silver Cloud Expedition which I assume is the old "Silver Cloud" that shows "200/260" passengers which is really confusing).

My point was that included internet for everyone staying in the upper suites on Silversea number considerably less than included internet on ships that hold 490 - 750 passengers.''

In any case, now that I know that you have sailed on Silversea I can say that we we enjoy both Regent and Silversea very much. Although we have only sailed on Silversea three times (on three different ships and toured one of the old ships), had we tried Silversea before Regent we likely would have been Silversea loyalists instead of Regent loyalists (well, fairly loyal:-) There is a lot of commonality between Silversea and Regent.

When we took our first Silversea cruise (sadly it was on the Spirit), we tried not to make comparisons between Regent and Silversea and to simply enjoy our cruise. At the conclusion of the cruise we realized that, although we disliked the ship, we liked the crew, service, food, etc. So, we gave it another try. We would not hesitate to sail on the Whisper or Shadow again if they had the right itinerary.

I received the email in May and it is mentioned here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=6880

We have only been on the Explorer for 8 nights (will be onboard for another 30 nights in November) and never heard of "Burn the Floor". This was not one of the shows that we saw while onboard.

Keep in mind that only 5% (approximately) of Regent cruisers participate in Cruise Critic. And, the ship has only been sailing for a little over 2 months. If this is important to you, I suggest that you contact a TA or Regent in Australia and ask them.

While we haven't heard of this show, I hope it is better than some of the shows that we saw on the Explorer in July.

Thanks for that Travelcat. I'm booked for an explorer cruise for next April and whilst the entertainment is important, the ship and itinerary is more important but I was excited when I heard about Burn the Floor. It is a ballroom dance based show that has been around since 1999 and there are currently several productions of it. I think it is also on a Norwegian cruise liner.

Any entertainment would be better than the last Oceania cruise I took 2 yrs ago. Funny but it was exactly the same as the previous Oceania cruise I took 2 yrs before that, same shows, different cast. Was all looking a bit stale so I've decided now to go with Regent Explorer.:D