Big, big mistake in choosing Allure of the Seas

umograd83

I agree the Oasis class is best while having the most amount of people we spent the weeks asking "where is everybody?".

We have sailed smaller ships after Allure and its about finding what you want to do. What does the ship offer that's new or exciting.

No reason why you cant just sail Oasis class but my 2 cents is change ships and don't re-sail until the entertainment changes. I get bored seeing the same shows but that's me.

We have been on one RCCL cruise and that was ten years ago. Celebrity is our line of choice. In particular their M class. 95,000 tons, 1950 passengers. Their S class at 2800 passengers is good as well.

Can't imagine daily activities: elevators, lounges, buffet, pool, spa, MDR with what 6,000 passengers? Aren't there mind numbing crowds, lines, pushing, just masses of people?

Obviously it's managed 'cause their ships are full. To each their own.

No, and that's the amazing thing about the Allure. Because of its five "neighborhoods", the only time it felt crowded was in the Windjammer restaurant. There were a few times when my husband and I were the only ones in an area (Deck 5, back of the ship). There were plenty of elevators and we hardly waited for one unless it was time to get off the ship for a port day. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

No, and that's the amazing thing about the Allure. Because of its five "neighborhoods", the only time it felt crowded was in the Windjammer restaurant. There were a few times when my husband and I were the only ones in an area (Deck 5, back of the ship). There were plenty of elevators and we hardly waited for one unless it was time to get off the ship for a port day. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

Agree.....people are spread out in the large ship's spaces.

Welcome to the family!!!

Love love love the Oasis class. It's spacious but quaint, plenty to do, numerous eating venues, great shows and great for people watching and I love the solarium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Edited by cynt

Definitely the easiest ship to navigate we've been on and the least crowded we've ever felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are spoiled Oasis class cruises too. Wish RCI could position one of them on the west coast.

Us too!!! Would be so much closer. But, I do admit I'm hoping the rumors about the 4th or 5th staying in the Mediterranean are true!

Us too!!! Would be so much closer. But, I do admit I'm hoping the rumors about the 4th or 5th staying in the Mediterranean are true!

Last rumors floating out there included Oasis out of Port Canaveral, Allure and Harmony out of Ft. Lauderdale, and the new 4th Oasis ship out of the new facility in Miami in 2018...with the 5th one perhaps destined for Barcelona.

Obviously with several of those changes out there more than a year...while RCI knows their plans...the pubic information on the plans won't be pinned down for a while yet - maybe a year from now.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

We just got off the Oasis this past Saturday. It was our 2nd time on Oasis, and we did Allure once. We actually prefer the smaller ships. The large ones are nice to go on every now and then, but for us, too many people! We go on the larger ships for the entertainment and variety in restaurants to try. The itineraries are very stale for the larger ships. We prefer to go to new places and for now, the large ships go to the same old ones!

Try one of the smaller ships, and I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise too! :D

We feel the same. We generally cruise to see new things but had wanted to try Oasis since we first saw a show about her on the TV. I won't say we hated her but we really didn't enjoy her as much as the smaller ships. Too much queuing for us :) Even with dinner reservations, we queued for 40 minutes before we were seated. That class of ship is lovely but we really enjoy the Voyager Class much more :)