Regal Princess mobility issues not in wheelchair?

fire&teacher

DH has mobility issues but does not need a wheelchair. What would be your recommendation for the best cabin/deck be for him so he doesn't have to walk as much? Ready to book for Oct 2017, Canada/New England.

Cruise ships are large. The theater is in the front and some of the restaurants are in the back. Lots of walking, no ifs, ands or butts. My suggestion is mid ship on a mid deck. But even then walking has to happen.

My wife has walking issues. When we cruise, We get a mobility scooter rental from "Specialty Needs at Sea" which is a Princess recommended supplier. Call up Princess they'll put you in touch with them.

Cruise ships are large. The theater is in the front and some of the restaurants are in the back. Lots of walking, no ifs, ands or butts. My suggestion is mid ship on a mid deck. But even then walking has to happen.

My wife has walking issues. When we cruise, We get a mobility scooter rental from "Specialty Needs at Sea" which is a Princess recommended supplier. Call up Princess they'll put you in touch with them.

I agree. I have been on Regal five times, and the ship is large. One of the staff said to me that he needs roller skates to get to work. We book mid ship. There is one dinning room (Allegro Dining Room) that is aft. The others you can get to by the mid ship elevators including the buffet. The ship is 1083 feet long. She is a big girl!

DH has mobility issues but does not need a wheelchair. What would be your recommendation for the best cabin/deck be for him so he doesn't have to walk as much? Ready to book for Oct 2017, Canada/New England.

Midship will mean the least either way, also closet to the lifts.

Deck won't matter much as far as walking goes, as I imagine he will avoid the stairs.

If it's a Grand Class ship, then the Lido Deck would be best IMO. You'd be right up there with the food (buffet, pizza, BBQ), the pools, and some entertainment. The other good choice would be the Plaza Deck due to the proximity of the atrium (food & entertainment).

I would tend to agree, but on this last trip on Grand, the doors on Lido from the cabin part out to the deck were not automatic and very heavy.

Another vote for midship. It seems so obvious now, but we just proved the point to ourselves by selecting a midship cabin instead of an aft cabin as we had before. It made a huge difference that everything was not always "all the way on the other end" of the ship.

He will have to walk some what because the Regal is a large ship.