Gallery One or Hilton Marina?

BobbyD

In the past when we have stayed in Ford Lauderdale, we have stayed at the Embassy Suites. It is very expensive in March so we have actually booked both the Double Tree Gallery One and the Hilton Marina for two nights in March. The difference between the two is $35 total, so essentially a wash. I would love some feedback about the two properties especially if there are any of you who have stayed at both and can compare. Pros and cons welcome. Thanks!

I was also looking at the Embassy Suites and Gallery One for our cruise in November, and we decided to go with the Gallery One. Hopefully someone will chime in soon with information to help you make your decision but I will write a quick review here on CC after my cruise.

In the past when we have stayed in Ford Lauderdale, we have stayed at the Embassy Suites. It is very expensive in March so we have actually booked both the Double Tree Gallery One and the Hilton Marina for two nights in March. The difference between the two is $35 total, so essentially a wash. I would love some feedback about the two properties especially if there are any of you who have stayed at both and can compare. Pros and cons welcome. Thanks!

Hilton Marina for me because I couldn't care less about being next door to a high end mall like the Galleria.

Check the rates for Bahia Mar Doubltree which would be my choice of the three.

Hilton Marina for me because I couldn't care less about being next door to a high end mall like the Galleria.

Check the rates for Bahia Mar Doubltree which would be my choice of the three.

Thanks for the info. I did check and it is substantially higher. The pool seems nicer in the Marina but the Gallery One is closer to the beach. I'll let my wife decide!

Closer to more shopping and dining: Gallery One

Closer to beach: Gallery One

More interesting neighborhood: Gallery One

Bigger suites: I think Gallery One

Bigger pool and property: Hilton Marina

Bigger pool bar: Hilton Marina

closer to port and airport: Hilton Marina

Closer to water taxi: both

I just looked at all three again for March and choose Bahia Mar. We have stayed at all three.

Marina - water taxi stop, pool is hidden from street and very shaded. Pool bar. Don't book rooms on water way as they smell moldy but the tower rooms are small with a not private bathroom door. Easy walk to drug store and some restaurants. No beach access. On a marina, fun to look at boats. We have seen some BIG ones. Cheap taxi from airport and pier.

Doubletree - nicer rooms, suites. Walk to mall and publix. 2 blocks to beach as it is on the water way with a water taxi stop. Will cost more in cab fares so factor that in.

Bahia Mar- plain Jane rooms. Beach. Pool okay and has a small bar. Deli right on edge of property and a bit farther to walk to restaurants but our favorite (coconuts) is near by. No grocery to walk to but there is a seven 11 not too far. Close for cab fare. Right on the beach with great views.

We chose Bahia this time as we are only there one night with no car and want to see and go to the beach. Less in taxi cost and we like to walk. I will be watching for prices to go down but I don't think it will happen. With spring break I didn't want to wait to book and its refundable.

Can't wait!

Edited by cruiselvr04

I just looked at all three again for March and choose Bahia Mar. We have stayed at all three.

Marina - water taxi stop, pool is hidden from street and very shaded. Pool bar. Don't book rooms on water way as they smell moldy but the tower rooms are small with a not private bathroom door. Easy walk to drug store and some restaurants. No beach access. On a marina, fun to look at boats. We have seen some BIG ones. Cheap taxi from airport and pier.

Doubletree - nicer rooms, suites. Walk to mall and publix. 2 blocks to beach as it is on the water way with a water taxi stop. Will cost more in cab fares so factor that in.

Bahia Mar- plain Jane rooms. Beach. Pool okay and has a small bar. Deli right on edge of property and a bit farther to walk to restaurants but our favorite (coconuts) is near by. No grocery to walk to but there is a seven 11 not too far. Close for cab fare. Right on the beach with great views.

We chose Bahia this time as we are only there one night with no car and want to see and go to the beach. Less in taxi cost and we like to walk. I will be watching for prices to go down but I don't think it will happen. With spring break I didn't want to wait to book and its refundable.

Can't wait!

Bahia Mar is also a Doubletree and has a Water Taxi stop as well.