Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

I think it varies. We found out at 27 days out but it seems like most are hearing the week of the cruise.

We just got our upgrade from Mini-Suite to Haven Courtyard today!!

We are 11 days from sailing (4/9) and our ship has been close to sold out for a month (Spring Break). That may be the only reason we found out a week earlier than normal. I think three to four days before a sailing is the norm.

On our last cruise, we upsold to the Haven the "old fashioned way." We only paid $500 pp to upgrade from a balcony to at H5. This put the "bidding meter" in perspective. The starting bid they gave us was $400 for H7 and H5. Our accepted bid was in the low-fair range on the meter.

Phew. I've spent the last 50 days obsessing over mock bookings and CC upgrade threads. What will I do with all this extra time?!?

I think it varies. We found out at 27 days out but it seems like most are hearing the week of the cruise.

We are 11 days from sailing (4/9) and our ship has been close to sold out for a month (Spring Break). That may be the only reason we found out a week earlier than normal. I think three to four days before a sailing is the norm.

On our last cruise, we upsold to the Haven the "old fashioned way." We only paid $500 pp to upgrade from a balcony to at H5. This put the "bidding meter" in perspective. The starting bid they gave us was $400 for H7 and H5. Our accepted bid was in the low-fair range on the meter.

Phew. I've spent the last 50 days obsessing over mock bookings and CC upgrade threads. What will I do with all this extra time?!?

Congratulations! Now you can spend your time actually planning your time onboard! I suspect we heard fairly early bc it was a very competitive bid (right on the fair/good line) but we wanted it and were willing to pay (but still paid thousands less overall than going rates).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you do the math and see if booking direct with the perks would be better than upgrading without the additional perks?

Did you do the math and see if booking direct with the perks would be better than upgrading without the additional perks?

You bet I did, Jannyflo2! I have an elaborate spreadsheet, :'). We selected UBP and Internet for our perks. So, I subtracted the following from the Haven fare:

199.08 - UBP Gratuities

162.84 - Dining

150 - Port credits

511.92 - Haven Perks Total

I also tracked the fare for the suites I was bidding on. The highest for the H5 was 9255 and lowest 8555. NCL also offered the $100 OBC last month for BA and up. I took that into consideration, too.

I threw in a little extra in our bid since we have a third person on a cruise with a lot of families. I was afraid this would work against us in terms of capacity for the floors (we were really trying to get an H7 with the separate bedroom). When the price dropped two weeks ago, I actually tried to book the last H7 on the 9th floor at full price, but couldn't because we had an extra person and the floor had reached capacity. I don't think that would be necessary outside of Spring Break.

All things considered--haven perks, price fluctuations, and what we paid for our mini-suite--we saved between 1800 and 2500. That's not including the extra gratuities to the butler and concierge, but I prepaid my DSC, so at least there's that!

You bet I did, Jannyflo2! I have an elaborate spreadsheet, :'). We selected UBP and Internet for our perks. So, I subtracted the following from the Haven fare:

199.08 - UBP Gratuities

162.84 - Dining

150 - Port credits

511.92 - Haven Perks Total

I also tracked the fare for the suites I was bidding on. The highest for the H5 was 9255 and lowest 8555. NCL also offered the $100 OBC last month for BA and up. I took that into consideration, too.

I threw in a little extra in our bid since we have a third person on a cruise with a lot of families. I was afraid this would work against us in terms of capacity for the floors (we were really trying to get an H7 with the separate bedroom). When the price dropped two weeks ago, I actually tried to book the last H7 on the 9th floor at full price, but couldn't because we had an extra person and the floor had reached capacity. I don't think that would be necessary outside of Spring Break.

All things considered--haven perks, price fluctuations, and what we paid for our mini-suite--we saved between 1800 and 2500. That's not including the extra gratuities to the butler and concierge, but I prepaid my DSC, so at least there's that!

Wow!! Good job!!! I am currently on the Getaway now in an H3 and as always the Haven is a MUST!!! Enjoy

Got the invite to bid as I logged onto my computer at work about 2 hours ago; currently in a spa mini and bid on every Haven category except for the Garden Villa and the Deluxe and Owner's suites. My bids were all in the "fair" range, around $850-980 depending on how badly I want a particular cabin. I like that you can modify your bids, and I will be doing that as I monitor the prices for my Breakaway sailing.

Do you mind telling what you bids were?

Thanks

Escape, sailing April 1 - 8.

Booked cabin is B2, Balcony.

H7 -- bid was in Mid-Good range

H2 -- bid was in the Low- Poor range

H4 -- bid was in the Mid-Fair range

H3 -- bid was in the Low-Poor range

H5 -- bid was in the Low-Poor range

H6 -- bid was in the Mid-Poor range

Mini Suite Stateroom -- bid was the lowest I could choose.

I am so sad... all of my bids to Haven were not accepted. Was notified via email at 1:10pm about 51 hours prior to sailing.

Sorry to hear that, people must have overbid A LOT to score the Haven cabins (as I read back to your earlier posts and you mentioned how much you bid). Either way, enjoy your trip!

Sorry too that you didn't get a least one of the above. We are currently in a mini Suite trying to move up to the H4. You must have had a lot of people bidding because I would have thought you would have been successful in a least one.:loudcry:

Sorry you didnt get the upsell ! I thought you had a good shot at it.

Enjoy your cruise, and just think of all the extra $ you will have to spend at the ports and onboard :)

We are 70 days out for epic sailing. Those of you who have won your bids how soon before sailing were your bids accepted

I revived my notice 3 days prior to departure. I know I overpaid but the aft Haven suite was amazing and worth every penny. (Though I was depressed slightly when the bill came last week.) at least I received triple points on my NCL card.

Got the invite to bid as I logged onto my computer at work about 2 hours ago; currently in a spa mini and bid on every Haven category except for the Garden Villa and the Deluxe and Owner's suites. My bids were all in the "fair" range, around $850-980 depending on how badly I want a particular cabin. I like that you can modify your bids, and I will be doing that as I monitor the prices for my Breakaway sailing.

I'm confused. Is the bidding you are talking about on the BA? If so, how could they offer the GV as there are none on the BA?

I'm confused. Is the bidding you are talking about on the BA? If so, how could they offer the GV as there are none on the BA?

My apologies, I meant the 2 bedroom family villa.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am currently booked on Ncl Breakaway for April 2 in a mini suite with large balcony M6 for me and my husband. I placed a bid on 3 haven cabins:

-The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with balcony (H5)

-The Haven forward facing Penthouse with balcony (H7)

-The Haven Spa Suite with balcony (H9)

I placed the lowest possible bid on each, which was $400 per person. In total $800 if the bid gets accepted. I see that the haven spa suite only has 1 room left. The haven courtyard penthouse still has 4 rooms left. And the forward facing penthouse is gone. I hope the bid gets accepted even though it is a poor bid.:( I like the mini suite but, who wouldn't want a chance at the haven. Keeping my fingers crossed, if I don't get it, oh well. I'll still be on a awesome cruise!;p Still have 9 more days to go. I wish they would just email me yes or no so I could at least know.

Ok so on Friday, March 31st at 2:11pm, I got the emails stating they didn't accept my offer. I'm just happy they finally let me know. I hate the waiting and the anticipation. Now I'm ready to enjoy my vacay! :)

Ok so on Friday, March 31st at 2:11pm, I got the emails stating they didn't accept my offer. I'm just happy they finally let me know. I hate the waiting and the anticipation. Now I'm ready to enjoy my vacay! :)

Have an awesome cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro