Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

Wow congratulations!! Did you get the H9? If not what particular room was it? Based on your original balcony purchase I'm guessing you got an m9 or m6, but if you got a H9, wow that's an awesome price, especially if you just originally had a balcony and bid fair at the minimum. Thanks!!

He got an H9. You can bid on all the Haven rooms available for bidding if you have at least a balcony.

When you upgrade to the Haven you get all the Haven benefits any other guest in the haven would get - so if you're in H9 you do indeed get the spa pass, it's part of the H9 room.

The only things you don't get are 3/5 bonus things you don't have because you originally booked a balcony - you keep the 2 you selected. You don't get the wifi, excursion credits and whatever the 5th thing is, assuming you selected dining and drink package as your 2.

I upgraded to the Haven last year on the getaway for my honeymoon.

I upgraded to Haven Spa H9 two weeks ago on Escape. You get all the Haven features and services EXCEPT the extra Free on Board perks that you had to select from when you booked your original room. We loved the extra space and king size bed - which came in extra handy when my husband injured his back (not due to anything on or with the ship) and had to spend the last 5 days of the trip flat on his back. Bummer for him (well for both of us) but at least he was able to be more comfortable. Our Haven butler was outstanding with making sure we had everything we could possibly want or need to help make him as comfortable as possible.

I am currently booked in a Haven Spa Suite comes with the spa access, thats why I booked cause it was the cheapest Haven room, with free spa access and the four free perks when I booked (3 day specialty dining, beverage package, internet, and $300 on board credit)

NCL is showing me I can bid on an upgrade and If I bid on either the

The Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony (H2)

or The Haven Owners Suite with Large Balcony (H3)

Will I loose the spa access if I win the upgrade?

Edited by NEcruiser7515

I am currently booked in a Haven Spa Suite comes with the spa access, thats why I booked cause it was the cheapest Haven room, with free spa access and the four free perks when I booked (3 day specialty dining, beverage package, internet, and $300 on board credit)

NCL is showing me I can bid on an upgrade and If I bid on either the

The Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony (H2)

or The Haven Owners Suite with Large Balcony (H3)

Will I loose the spa access if I win the upgrade?

Yes you lose spa access if you upgrade.

Yes you lose spa access if you upgrade.

I forgot to be clear in the post, would I lose the beverage, dining, wifi perks too, or since I originally had them they stay with me during an upgrade? I really want the spa, so I don't think it'll be worth upgrading.

FWIW, the program apparently rolled out on the Gem this week too. We got an email on Wednesday with a link to the bidding program. I called the upsell desk in the hopes that we could perhaps get an offer directly since we are traveling with friends and currently are in an inside across the hall from their balcony stateroom. Was told that since bidding program was in affect that was the only way to receive an upsell. We elected to bid $100pp which puts us near the top of the "poor" range - but given we like our location and the size of our cabin now, we decided the balcony wasn't worth much more than that.

Now if we could have bid on a suite, we might have felt differently!

I forgot to be clear in the post, would I lose the beverage, dining, wifi perks too, or since I originally had them they stay with me during an upgrade? I really want the spa, so I don't think it'll be worth upgrading.

I'm thinking that since your original booking was a Haven, which gave you the "free" perks you would lose them because you are bidding on another Haven suite which is a "strip down" version with no perks that you currently have.

I'm thinking that since your original booking was a Haven, which gave you the "free" perks you would lose them because you are bidding on another Haven suite which is a "strip down" version with no perks that you currently have.

How is a Owners suite a striped down version?

I'm still getting mixed answers. I read thru older posts and some people say you keep the beverage, internet, dining perks and some say you could loose them.

i believe this is wrong and that the perks you got when you booked would still be in effect and you dont lose them.

what room in haven are you saying is stripped down? All H rooms get the same perks as far as the 4 or 5 free that were made at booking.

I'm still getting mixed answers. I read thru older posts and some people say you keep the beverage, internet, dining perks and some say you could loose them.

Ignore Neal - unsure where he's getting his info, but it's incorrect. You keep the perks you had when you booked.

What I mean about "strip down" version you still get everything that comes with the Haven-priority seating,disembarking priority, the Haven pool area,Haven dining restaurant, butler, etc. You are currently booked in a Haven suite and you received the 4-5 perks "free" because of the booking, it came with the suite. Now you are bidding again and these suited don't have the "free drinks, dining,wifi, etc., that's what I mean a "strip down" version. Call NCL and confirm one way or the other-try 800-625-4309, that is the up sale department and hopefully they can give you the correct answer.:)

You keep all the perks you booked with. so since you booked Haven originally you keep all those perks. You lose the spa because the only Haven category which gets free spa access is the Haven Spa rooms. So if you booked specifically for the spa I would keep the room you have.

What I mean about "strip down" version you still get everything that comes with the Haven-priority seating,disembarking priority, the Haven pool area,Haven dining restaurant, butler, etc. You are currently booked in a Haven suite and you received the 4-5 perks "free" because of the booking, it came with the suite. Now you are bidding again and these suited don't have the "free drinks, dining,wifi, etc., that's what I mean a "strip down" version. Call NCL and confirm one way or the other-try 800-625-4309, that is the up sale department and hopefully they can give you the correct answer.:)

are you talking about cabins with an H category? i'm curious what suites dont have the free everything? i know on ships other than the BA, for example, that are suites that are not haven so maybe thats what you mean?

You keep all the perks you booked with. so since you booked Haven originally you keep all those perks. You lose the spa because the only Haven category which gets free spa access is the Haven Spa rooms. So if you booked specifically for the spa I would keep the room you have.

i was not afforded an upsell on my trip but i did calculate that 400 value of the spa vs having a room in the courtyard proper should i have been offered one

This is a great thread. I'd like to share our experience. We were booked in an aft balcony cabin and called the upsell line and paid $750pp to get an H6 Haven Aft-Penthous for a TA cruise we took last Oct.

Last week we just booked the TA cruise for this Nov and we crunched the numbers and it was better to book the H6 Haven outright rather than wait to do the bidding process later.

I do think it can be easy to overbid and not realize that you would have been better off booking the Haven to begin with. You can get to a point where you're past down payment, then final payment is over and now everything is paid. Then the up-bidding starts and people start thinking, I can afford a little bit more, etc.

We love the Haven and are hooked, but I also know that we won't always be able to cruise that way.

You keep your original perks

Would only lose the spa access because no longer in spa suite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is a great thread. I'd like to share our experience. We were booked in an aft balcony cabin and called the upsell line and paid $750pp to get an H6 Haven Aft-Penthous for a TA cruise we took last Oct.

Last week we just booked the TA cruise for this Nov and we crunched the numbers and it was better to book the H6 Haven outright rather than wait to do the bidding process later.

I do think it can be easy to overbid and not realize that you would have been better off booking the Haven to begin with. You can get to a point where you're past down payment, then final payment is over and now everything is paid. Then the up-bidding starts and people start thinking, I can afford a little bit more, etc.

We love the Haven and are hooked, but I also know that we won't always be able to cruise that way.

Thanks for sharing! Care to share how much the aft balcony cost you? I paid $3100 for 2 on balcony and put a bid in for $900/person for H9 and H5, you have me second guessing my bid.

Thanks for sharing! Care to share how much the aft balcony cost you? I paid $3100 for 2 on balcony and put a bid in for $900/person for H9 and H5, you have me second guessing my bid.

I would call and find out what an actual upgrade would cost you or do a mock booking. I did Escape in Feb and bid 900 ea for Aft master bedroom Aft Haven Penthouse h6. Coming from a mini spa suite. Also had friends get into H5 for 650 ea and H4 for 950 approx I saved about 2500 bidding.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hope you are correct

We just got off the Breakaway on Sunday and stayed in an "upgrade advantage" Haven 2BR. We kept the original UDP and UBP perks for the first two passengers that were included in our original balcony booking. We didn't receive the additional perks that you would get had we booked the Haven cabins in the first place.

We just got off the Breakaway on Sunday and stayed in an "upgrade advantage" Haven 2BR. We kept the original UDP and UBP perks for the first two passengers that were included in our original balcony booking. We didn't receive the additional perks that you would get had we booked the Haven cabins in the first place.

May I ask what you bid? Or at least the range?

May I ask what you bid? Or at least the range?

We were on the low end of "fair", bordering on "poor". Wasn't a steal by any means, but still a discount from what we would've paid had we booked it outright. The convenience alone was well worth the price tag. Pricing out Haven 2BR on the Epic for this Fall right now... we're hooked. :')

Good luck with the bidding!

I am sailing Getaway end of February in a spa balcony.

I had planned on calling upsell if there were Haven cabins left (I sail both Haven/non Haven).

If I knew I would be happy with $750 per person, would it be best for me to just

bid with $1500? If I were the first person to bid and bidding started then at $1500, I wonder what the increments would be for each remaining bid.

How many days prior to sailing can you bid and at what time of day does bidding end?

I am guessing there will be bidding wars right up until the deadline.

Thank you.

Did you like the Haven spa suite was it worth it to you?

What is upsell? I've never heard of that and is it offered on all cruise lines? How do you get access to it or is it an invitation?