Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

We got ours 80 days out. The other people traveling with us got theirs the same day. We didn't find out if our bids were accepted until 4 or 5 days from sailing. It was a long wait! Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update, looks like 80 day is back in the running:)

So much for the 80 days out from notification :mad:

Perhaps JS had recently booked, or NCL has a 'need' for the type of cabin JS has and could easily re-sell if they were upgraded. There could be several reasons why it was an advantage to NCl to send the email to them closer to the cruise date.

For example, I'm noticing on a couple of my booked cruises that Oceanviews are sold out. I had an OV, saw the price was now equal to a Balcony and called and upgraded for free. Now I can see all of their OVs are gone and it's still over 80 days to cruise date....maybe I should have waited for that email:confused:

Perhaps JS had recently booked, or NCL has a 'need' for the type of cabin JS has and could easily re-sell if they were upgraded. There could be several reasons why it was an advantage to NCl to send the email to them closer to the cruise date.

For example, I'm noticing on a couple of my booked cruises that Oceanviews are sold out. I had an OV, saw the price was now equal to a Balcony and called and upgraded for free. Now I can see all of their OVs are gone and it's still over 80 days to cruise date....maybe I should have waited for that email:confused:

We have a minisuite on the Epic which appears to be sold out for our May sailing so NCL might figure out they would have an easier time selling that category then a Haven without discounting.

Hi. I booked about 12-14 months ago. Definately over a year. I just dont have my invoice in front of me.

I currently have an H9 booked (Spa Haven) and there have been quite a few left. Today there was still one left for our Sunday sailing.

Hi. I booked about 12-14 months ago. Definately over a year. I just dont have my invoice in front of me.

I currently have an H9 booked (Spa Haven) and there have been quite a few left. Today there was still one left for our Sunday sailing.

I'm sure someone has bid on the one left and will be notified shortly.

We had an H9 last year on the Getaway and loved it! I would think there are lots of people who would be bidding for it. Have a great cruise:D

I am sorry if this was asked already, but this thread is so long for me to try to find it. My mom is sailing solo on BA in May. I originally booked her a studio, and yesterday was able to upgrade her to an oceanview for $20 due to a significant price drop. Now, she received the Upgrade Advantage e-mail and it shows balcony bids starting at $25. It says per person on the bids, so does that mean that a solo cruiser pays double their bid if it's accepted? Or do they already know it's a solo cruiser and the scale is adjusted accordingly? Thanks so much in advance for any info anyone has!

We'll, if I'm understanding your post, you are now in a balcony without going through the bidding process. If so, you may get an email offer to upgrade "up to 2 categories. "

I too am booked in a balcony, and my email upgrade offer allowed me to bid on a mini-suite or for a Haven .

So all ships are now included in this bidding war room policy?

No, it's my understanding that it is only for 5 of their ships at this time. The five ships are:

Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Epic and Pride of America

I am sorry if this was asked already, but this thread is so long for me to try to find it. My mom is sailing solo on BA in May. I originally booked her a studio, and yesterday was able to upgrade her to an oceanview for $20 due to a significant price drop. Now, she received the Upgrade Advantage e-mail and it shows balcony bids starting at $25. It says per person on the bids, so does that mean that a solo cruiser pays double their bid if it's accepted? Or do they already know it's a solo cruiser and the scale is adjusted accordingly? Thanks so much in advance for any info anyone has!

I would contact NCL to be sure, never "assume" anything especially when it comes to money.:o

ouch 3299 . is that the normal price on that ship? offseason on BA i got 2499 in october and thought that was enough.

From reading the terms of the upgrade advantage program, it appears that a solo would be charged twice the amount of the bid they make (that the scale is not adjusted).

• 2 weeks later...

I received my upgrade last night. I was in a balcony room.

I bid on 4 haven rooms. I only bid the minimum. won the bid for the spa balcony in the haven. Super excited!

Leaving march 12th on the breakaway. I prepaid the gratuities and was told I did not have to pay the upgraded gratuities for that room. I will let you know how it all works out.:)

I bid on 4 haven rooms. I only bid the minimum. won the bid for the spa balcony in the haven. Super excited!

Leaving march 12th on the breakaway. I prepaid the gratuities and was told I did not have to pay the upgraded gratuities for that room. I will let you know how it all works out.:)

Wow congratulations!! Did you get the H9? If not what particular room was it? Based on your original balcony purchase I'm guessing you got an m9 or m6, but if you got a H9, wow that's an awesome price, especially if you just originally had a balcony and bid fair at the minimum. Thanks!!

Something you have to keep in mind when you decide to bid on an "upgrade" is the only perks you have are the ones you initially have prior to bidding. Bidding on the Haven you need to come up with a value on the drink package, dining package and any other perks you would have had and deduct that value from the original price of booking a Haven suite. People up bidding more then $1,000 per person needs to reconsider the revised value, yes the additional space is great to have when you are in the suite but is that alone worth the bidding process? The butler,etc., you will take care of by tipping so the real question is the increase size of suite, the pool and Haven dining worth the additional cost? Your comments?

Something you have to keep in mind when you decide to bid on an "upgrade" is the only perks you have are the ones you initially have prior to bidding. Bidding on the Haven you need to come up with a value on the drink package, dining package and any other perks you would have had and deduct that value from the original price of booking a Haven suite. People up bidding more then $1,000 per person needs to reconsider the revised value, yes the additional space is great to have when you are in the suite but is that alone worth the bidding process? The butler,etc., you will take care of by tipping so the real question is the increase size of suite, the pool and Haven dining worth the additional cost? Your comments?

So you don't get ANY haven perks with the upgrade? For example, access to thermal spa suite, wifi, skip lines, evening turndown service etc..

I'll be honest, I paid $3200 in the Escape Balcony for 2 people on deck 13, put in a bid for $1000 each for H9, which I calculated would be a deal based on the cheapest I could find of $2599/person for that room on the escape, I'm traveling in April. My original perks are drink and dining package.

So you don't get ANY haven perks with the upgrade? For example, access to thermal spa suite, wifi, skip lines, evening turndown service etc..

I'll be honest, I paid $3200 in the Escape Balcony for 2 people on deck 13, put in a bid for $1000 each for H9, which I calculated would be a deal based on the cheapest I could find of $2599/person for that room on the escape, I'm traveling in April. My original perks are drink and dining package.

The skip lines should still be there as well as turn down service but wifi is an perk for paying full price for the Haven and would not be offered unless you had that perk on your original room. I don't know about the thermal spa suite in regard to how they would "police" who paid full price versus those who didn't. My guess is that you wouldn't have access.

My bid was accepted yesterday for Getaway leaving on Sunday. I was stunned! Was in balcony and bid on 3 Haven categories. Upped them a bit over time but all still in the poor range. The highest was for H9- haven spa suite and that's what we got!!

I think min bid was $425 and I ended up bidding $620, high end of poor range, to be competitive but not break the bank. We're ecstatic. 1st time on NCL and don't foresee ever being able to afford Haven in the future, so better be able to go back to balcony if we sail them again lol.

Wow congratulations!! Did you get the H9? If not what particular room was it? Based on your original balcony purchase I'm guessing you got an m9 or m6, but if you got a H9, wow that's an awesome price, especially if you just originally had a balcony and bid fair at the minimum. Thanks!!

the email says H9 but on my NCL vacation summary says BC. so not sure what the deal is on that. Maybe to distinguish between those upgraded and those who took the plunge on the onset for the haven

My bid was accepted yesterday for Getaway leaving on Sunday. I was stunned! Was in balcony and bid on 3 Haven categories. Upped them a bit over time but all still in the poor range. The highest was for H9- haven spa suite and that's what we got!!

I think min bid was $425 and I ended up bidding $620, high end of poor range, to be competitive but not break the bank. We're ecstatic. 1st time on NCL and don't foresee ever being able to afford Haven in the future, so better be able to go back to balcony if we sail them again lol.

Good for you, I know you will enjoy(y)

Just so you know, you'll need to tip the Butler and Concierge separately. Even with included gratuities they would still need a separate tip.

The skip lines should still be there as well as turn down service but wifi is an perk for paying full price for the Haven and would not be offered unless you had that perk on your original room. I don't know about the thermal spa suite in regard to how they would "police" who paid full price versus those who didn't. My guess is that you wouldn't have access.

When you upgrade to the Haven you get all the Haven benefits any other guest in the haven would get - so if you're in H9 you do indeed get the spa pass, it's part of the H9 room.

The only things you don't get are 3/5 bonus things you don't have because you originally booked a balcony - you keep the 2 you selected. You don't get the wifi, excursion credits and whatever the 5th thing is, assuming you selected dining and drink package as your 2.

I upgraded to the Haven last year on the getaway for my honeymoon.