Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

It should have been on your NCL account as well. It was an email stating that you could bid. Same area where you received your e-docs notice to print. Maybe since I never received a regular email they just sent it via my NCL account.

Nope only via e mail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am curious to other bidders that have WON their bids for The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony in the recent past.....how high did your bid per person have to go? Since I am cruising solo, I already had to pay quite a bit for just a balcony cabin, so I'm wondering how high I would have to go to actually win The Haven Spa Suite????????

Our bid for $610 each on Getaway last week was accepted. Was in the high end of the poor range. Even though we paid for it, felt like we won the lottery! I kept tearing up for the first few days because I never expected to have this experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our bid for $610 each on Getaway last week was accepted. Was in the high end of the poor range. Even though we paid for it, felt like we won the lottery! I kept tearing up for the first few days because I never expected to have this experience.

how many people did u have in the room??

What category?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was wondering the same thing. I'm on Escape sailing 5/27 and haven't received an email or upgrade banner on the site. I didn't get it at 80 days and was hoping I still would at some point but then the banners on the NCL site seem to have disappeared for everyone. I'm wondering if I should call the upsell number now or maybe wait a bit longer for whatever issues they are having to to be fixed. Still 66 days out. YAY 66 DAYS!

From what I understand, everyone does not get the invite.

I had read that from others as well but it was my hope that once they started offering it through the NCL site that it might be going out to all pax. Still a lot of unknowns with the program. Most of the upgrades I'd be interested in for my sailing are appearing as sold out anyway - from what I've read here, that doesn't mean much either. I'm really happy with the cabin I have but hoped to have a shot at the upgrade to surprise my DH - it's our 10th anniversary cruise. :)

I believe that the minimum bids for the H2, H3, and H4 was $500/pp. I think it was $300/pp for the other Haven suites.

I bid $1000/pp which put me in the "fair" category on the bid meter. I debated a long time about whether to go lower, but we had decided we wanted the upgrade, so I went with that amount. Obviously it worked and it's a number I was comfortable with. I think that's all you can expect/ask for - the opportunity to offer what you are okay with. If it works, great. If not, oh well.

Im curious, what was your original room? And if you care to share, price for that room. Thanks for the info!!

Ok, just got an offer to bid. We are booked in an H-3 on the Gem. Strangely, when I check our cruise online the only available cabins are in categories below ours.

However, when I clicked through the bidding process it was offering me an H-1 or H-2. Weird!

And just an FYI, we booked through CAS, so was not expecting this at all.

We are sailing on April 1 on the Escape and are currently booked in a Balcony B2 cabin. I am traveling with my long term SO and his youngest son who is 18. I have purchased this cruise to celebrate his 18th birthday and his graduating high school. Truthfully me and my SO would be going anyhow, at a different time, in a smaller cabin even if we were't celebrating. My SO is a little sad because our trips tend to be romantic, and this one we are sharing a cabin with his son. :confused: It dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that my SO is turning 50 this fall and has said he does not want a party or anything to celebrate. I have been killing myself trying to come up with a good gift idea for him when it came to me -- upgrade our cabin to a really cool Haven 2 room suite! Something we will probably never do again in our lifetime!

But now I want that upgrade really, really bad so I think I may be bidding emotionally, if you know what I mean. There are only 2 cabins left in the category I want and only 3 total in Haven. Right now I am in the upper half of the "good" level. If I booked this cabin for the 3 of us out right I would be spending about $900 more. Should I bid a little higher? Have I bid too high already?

Help! I don't know what to do!!!

Truthfully, and honestly, if you're set on wanting the room just call and book it. What's 900 dollars in the realm of things? It's cheaper than having a party. You could also try calling the upsell desk and ask.. haven't heard much success with ships that have the current upbid program, but it's worth a shot!

Truthfully, and honestly, if you're set on wanting the room just call and book it. What's 900 dollars in the realm of things? It's cheaper than having a party. You could also try calling the upsell desk and ask.. haven't heard much success with ships that have the current upbid program, but it's worth a shot!

That's what I did. I just booked the H6 because I wanted a particular cabin.

I may have misled you... not $900 more total to get into the Haven but $900 more than I am currently bidding. Total would be about $3770 more!

So, I am currently paying X for my balcony room. I am bidding $1440 p/p for the Haven Fwd Penthouse (H7). If I paid $900 (X + 2880 + 900) it would be like booking it outright (paying the current rate).

Does that change things?

I was also told that because I booked with a TA, I would have to cancel my current booking (and pay a penalty) and rebook.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Some suggestions - how far out? You should look at a mock booking to see how many cabins are available in the category you want. I had my bid accepted for an Aft 2 room Penthouse and bid in the low fair range still saving 2k bidding vs upgrade. Have you taken into account if you upgraded on your own you wouldn't pay the taxes on drink and sp dining package and would get all 5 perks? Possibly 3rd sails free. Bringing these things up as one you make be overbidding and 2 the cost difference may be even less when you factor in some other things you may have paid for that could be refunded if you upgraded vs upsell.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I may have misled you... not $900 more total to get into the Haven but $900 more than I am currently bidding. Total would be about $3770 more!

So, I am currently paying X for my balcony room. I am bidding $1440 p/p for the Haven Fwd Penthouse (H7). If I paid $900 (X + 2880 + 900) it would be like booking it outright (paying the current rate).

Does that change things?

I was also told that because I booked with a TA, I would have to cancel my current booking (and pay a penalty) and rebook.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I am not sure I understand. I booked with TA and successfully bid on an upgrade. The upgrade transaction with between me and NCL, the TA wasn't involved. No penalty was incurred.

Some suggestions - how far out? You should look at a mock booking to see how many cabins are available in the category you want. I had my bid accepted for an Aft 2 room Penthouse and bid in the low fair range still saving 2k bidding vs upgrade. Have you taken into account if you upgraded on your own you wouldn't pay the taxes on drink and sp dining package and would get all 5 perks? Possibly 3rd sails free. Bringing these things up as one you make be overbidding and 2 the cost difference may be even less when you factor in some other things you may have paid for that could be refunded if you upgraded vs upsell.

We set sail April 1st. There are 2 cabins left in the category I want and only 3 total in Haven. How many were left in the category that you wanted when you bid on yours? I already have the beverage and internet minutes with my current package and I understand that those would follow me if I won the bid.

Those are all really good thoughts! So it really isn't apples to apples when comparing! How much do you think those items are worth, if you were to take a guess?

Thanks so much for your help!

I am not sure I understand. I booked with TA and successfully bid on an upgrade. The upgrade transaction with between me and NCL, the TA wasn't involved. No penalty was incurred.

I can upgrade by doing the bidding, but I cannot call NCL directly and ask to have a cabin in a different class. Maybe that is called an upsell instead of an upgrade (?).

I can upgrade by doing the bidding, but I cannot call NCL directly and ask to have a cabin in a different class. Maybe that is called an upsell instead of an upgrade (?).

I called my travel agent, mytravel agent called NCL and they sent me the email directly.