Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

My offer was accepted and so were 2 of my friends Escape 2/11/17. We scored a 2 bedroom an Aft Penthouse and a courtyard penthouse!! Just found out late this morning 4 days prior to cruise. I had bids in all categories poor-fair. My fair bid for Aft Haven Master Bedroom Penthouse was accepted!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My offer was accepted and so were 2 of my friends Escape 2/11/17. We scored a 2 bedroom an Aft Penthouse and a courtyard penthouse!! Just found out late this morning 4 days prior to cruise. I had bids in all categories poor-fair. My fair bid for Aft Haven Master Bedroom Penthouse was accepted!!!

If you don't mind sharing, I am curious what your winning bid was? And what category cabin were you originally booked?

My offer also was accepted today. Email came in at 10 am. Leaving in 4 days on the Escape. We bid in the poor-fair range also. I do believe the amount for bids accepted are going to depend on the time of year. Went on the Breakaway last May and paid 1000 total for the upsell to Aft Haven balcony. We paid more this year for the same category, but we wanted it! No regrets!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went from a spa mini suite my bid was low in the fair range. My cabin was comped already. So. I paid 900 x 2 to move to Haven. Already had 3 perks and I'm platinum so I saved about 2k by bidding vs paying for an upgrade. Have the UDP UBP and prepaid gratuities. If you booked this outright total fare is 9k.

My offer also was accepted today. Email came in at 10 am. Leaving in 4 days on the Escape. We bid in the poor-fair range also. I do believe the amount for bids accepted are going to depend on the time of year. Went on the Breakaway last May and paid 1000 total for the upsell to Aft Haven balcony. We paid more this year for the same category, but we wanted it! No regrets!!

Maybe we are neighbors.

Yes upsells without the new process much easier. In Oct on the Epic went from an inside (was a package w airfare from CAS) comped out of Barcelona to a Forward Penthouse Haven 500 each. Then in Nov got the Garden Villa Dawn 2k for first 2 passengers and there were 6 of us.

I am very interested in seeing how this all works out....Hoping people will post their results both good and bad.

we sail Saturday February 11th. Submitted a bid in December was notified today offer was accepted for Forward Facing penthouse suite

Sounds like we got lucky to get an upgrade to the Haven before the bidding process started.

We got an upsell email January 3rd for our January 15th 14 day Breakaway cruise. We were able to upgrade from a balcony cabin to a Haven Spa Suite for an extra $500pp. for the 14 days.

NCL definitely knows how to do the Haven! it was amazing!!!

Call the upsell number and tell them you did not receive an email. I did that and the next morning I received it. Not sure if it was coincidental or not but it could be.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

What is this magic "upsell number" you speak of? I'd never heard about it before today, and now when calling NCL they say they don't have an upsell department...if you didn't get an email you're not going to. Grrr. We are 79 days out.

I received the e-mail Thursday and made a bid for the H4 suite. What's the furthest out they will tell you if they accepted your bid. Some of the replies on here are like 2-4 days from sail date. I bid low, does that mean that I probably won't win the bid. I never did this before, always called to see if I could bump up a category for additional cost.

we sail Saturday February 11th. Submitted a bid in December was notified today offer was accepted for Forward Facing penthouse suite

Out of curiosity when you bid, were you in poor, fair, good, or great (red orange yellow or green)? Just trying to get an idea of what's possible or not. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone :)

I am sailing for the first time on Norwegian in a few months, with a group on the Epic. Spoke with NCL yesterday regarding this whole process, and wanted to share what I found out. They told me the emailed bidding invitation goes out after a cruise is paid in full, and even though we are part of a group, we will get the opportunity to participate. I asked if others on my cruise (including a nice couple who had never cruised before, and not part of our group) who already received their offers to bid, might they have an advantage by getting their bids in early? NCL said it didn't matter as no decisions are made until a few days before sailing, so truly sounds like the top offer wins. Best of luck to everyone, and fingers crossed :D

Sailing on NCL Escape in 6 days - Feb 18th! Have a bid in for the Haven Spa Suite ... on the low end of "good" bid. Has anyone else on this sailing received notice of acceptance of bids yet? See y'all at the pool!

Good luck on your bid! I'm curious what was your original cabin and cost if you care to share, I'm headed out April 1 for my first cruise ever!! I'm on the low end of "good" bid as well

Edited by BostonHockey