How can I find out what pier we'll be docking at in Coz?

poobears

It's been several years since I've been to Cozumel, so just to confirm:

International Pier is the one right "in town", right?

The Puerta Maya is the one that's outside of town a few miles?

We are returning in January, so I just want to confirm. I see our ship on the Puerta Maya schedule.

It's been several years since I've been to Cozumel, so just to confirm:

International Pier is the one right "in town", right?

The Puerta Maya is the one that's outside of town a few miles?

We are returning in January, so I just want to confirm. I see our ship on the Puerta Maya schedule.

If by "in town", you mean down by the forum shops, then no. International pier is a few miles from town too. International pier is where Royal docks and its MUCH closer to the Puerta Maya pier than it is to downtown.

In this pic, the two Royal ships are docked at International pier. The Carnival ship is docked at Puerta Maya. "Town" as in the forum shops is several miles NE. I believe the dock down there is called Punta Longosta.

carnival.jpg

Edited by ryano

Thank you, looks like there will be 2 others in Coz when we are there. The port times the show aren't correct though, we are there from 8 to 5 not 9 to 4.

I'll have to be sure to make a note in my phone of the pier we are using and verify it when we dock so I know where to come back to in my taxi. My memory has gotten so bad there is no way I'll remember it. :rolleyes:

If by "in town", you mean down by the forum shops, then no. International pier is a few miles from town too. International pier is where Royal docks and its MUCH closer to the Puerta Maya pier than it is to downtown.

In this pic, the two Royal ships are docked at International pier. The Carnival ship is docked at Puerta Maya. "Town" as in the forum shops is several miles NE. I believe the dock down there is called Punta Longosta.

carnival.jpg

AH! Ok, things have changed since I've last been there! I was thinking about that one pier right across from Senor Frog's, I think. Sounds like we'll be "out of town" a bit. Just like last time.

Good to hear from you again, Ryano!

AH! Ok, things have changed since I've last been there! I was thinking about that one pier right across from Senor Frog's, I think. Sounds like we'll be "out of town" a bit. Just like last time.

Good to hear from you again, Ryano!

Good to hear from you too Todd. Long time! :) Enjoy your cruise! The pier down by Senor Frogs is definitely Punta Longosta. On my first cruise on Holiday, two Carnival ships were docked there and we docked at International. I dont think Carnival uses the downtown dock very often anymore though. Im not sure. Norwegian and Disney do.

Edited by ryano