Mid October Cruise to Bermuda.....

labtech

Thinking about cruising out of Baltimore to Bermuda Mid October 2017 with family. Has anyone been on this cruise at this time of year? I was there the first of October. Weather was decent for beach but storms were setting in. A tad cold leaving Baltimore but the first day at sea was great! Any ideas??? Thanks

We are currently booked on this cruise. The thought that it would not be really warm had not crossed my mind. Since we're going to be there for 3 days, we are planning to do some of the activities suggested in one of my travel magazines. It's not all beach. If I can find it on their site, I will link it here. This is one of our bucket list cruises so we are looking forward to it regardless of the weather.

I found a writeup of what to expect in the fall.

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/october-weather-sailing-bermuda-62749.html

Edited by saharaga

We went to Bermuda at the end of October last year. It wasn't hot but it was still warm enough for our snorkeling excursion. I'm sorry I don't remember more than that because we were only there for 2 days and the first day it rained so we just shopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed to Bermuda from Boston last year on 10/23 and it was perfect for me. I'm not a huge beach person, so I appreciated the fact that it wasn't scorching hot, but it was still warm enough for the beach and many people went. It was jeans weather leaving Boston, but shorts weather when we woke up the next day and stayed that way until we got back to Boston. This was the 3rd time I had cruised to Bermuda, with the other times being early July and late Sept and I think I preferred the October sailing. You will have a GREAT time.

Been there, done that; great weather. Just remember that it is still hurricane season.

Have to second this one, we tried to go to Bermuda in October 2015 and our itinerary changed due to a hurricane. Just remember a Bermuda cruise can be more expensive and when it gets changed to a Caribbean itinerary (which is less expensive) it can be frustrating. So be prepared for any weather condition for that time of the year. We personally would never choose that time of the year again for that particular itinerary.