Buying OBC in UK

scotslizzy

Just brought $500 and at a rate of 1.53 to the UK £.

Current bank rate is hovering around the 1.30 to the pound, so a great saving.

We are on a three week cruise in November ( Australia and New Zealand) and will for sure buy some more OBC nearer the date.

We spend on average about $600-$700 per week on our cruises so buying OBC at such a good rate will save us quite a lot of money, thanks for the tip!

Cruise critic is great! for stuff like this..

Will princess hold this rate up until we sail or is it likely to change?

Thanks,

Mklions

Just looked at this but can't find a conversion rate on my personaliser? Just English pounds added to the cart - how do you find the dollars?

The price quoted is for $25 so you just calculate the rate yourself, would be better if they made this more obvious!

The price quoted is for $25 so you just calculate the rate yourself, would be better if they made this more obvious!

Yes the three rates shown in pound sterling on your cruise personaliser are the price for buying $25,$50 and $100.

For me it was £65 buying !00$. ( 1.53 dollars to one UK pound, happy days)

Each booking depending on when it was booked will vary in the exchange rate.

Mklions

Oh no it wouldn't!

If they need to reprogram the website to show the exchange rate, they could easily reprogram the system to use dynamic exchange rates at the same time.

They probably figure that the costs of re-programming to follow exchange rates is not currently worth it - also - on some deals they win, some they lose so it is pretty much a wash.

Be careful what you wish for.

In my experience you can call Princess and tell them you want to gift yourself some OBC. They will then check your booking and advise you of the exchange rate at the time you booked. No matter when you purchase your OBC for that trip the exchange rate will stay the same. You can then purchase it over the phone if you wish.

On our T/A cruise booked before the BREXIT vote we can buy OBC at $1.45 to the pound. On our Norway cruise booked after BREXIT is $1.28 to the pound. A big difference.

Will see but for No2 probably not worth buying OBC.

I think you can transfer over any unused OBC from one cruise to another booked one. So you could buy loads for your 1st cruise then transfer the unused amount to your 2nd.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mkloins asked:

i can buy in blocks of £16.25 or £32.50 or £65.00.

But I must pay on my charge card before I know how many US dollars that I am buying and then I guess after paying for them I will only know the exchange rate

sworrub1 replies:

£16.25 = $25 = Exchange Rate $1.538 = 1GBP

£32.50 = $50 = Exchange Rate $1.538 = 1GBP

£65.00 = $100 = Exchange Rate $1.538 = 1GBP

You will be charged in GBP by your credit card provider.

So if you purchase GBP650.00 worth you will get $1000.00 OBC

Best deal you will get anywhere!

Edited by SWORRUB1

On our T/A cruise booked before the BREXIT vote we can buy OBC at $1.45 to the pound. On our Norway cruise booked after BREXIT is $1.28 to the pound. A big difference.

Will see but for No2 probably not worth buying OBC.

That depends if you think at the point of paying when leaving the ship that 1GBP will equal more than $1.28 with ypur CreditCard provider, that is only something you can take a view on!

second cruise is August 2017 so plenty of time to decide. Thanks all.

QUOTE=SWORRUB1;51151077]That depends if you think at the point of paying when leaving the ship that 1GBP will equal more than $1.28 with ypur CreditCard provider, that is only something you can take a view on!

mkloins asked:

i can buy in blocks of £16.25 or £32.50 or £65.00.

But I must pay on my charge card before I know how many US dollars that I am buying and then I guess after paying for them I will only know the exchange rate

sworrub1 replies:

£16.25 = $25 = Exchange Rate $1.538 = 1GBP

£32.50 = $50 = Exchange Rate $1.538 = 1GBP

£65.00 = $100 = Exchange Rate $1.538 = 1GBP

You will be charged in GBP by your credit card provider.

So if you purchase GBP650.00 worth you will get $1000.00 OBC

Best deal you will get anywhere!

I agree a great deal,anybody who booked a cruise pre brexit should look at their

cruise personliser and evaluate if it is worth buying OBC.

The difference in my case is that on current bank rates I am around 30 cents a pound better off buy buying OBC direct from Princess and if like me your on board spend is around £700 a week that will give me a saving of around 210 dollars.

I guess each booking will have a different charge rate for buying OBC, i guess depending on the date the booking was made, but its certainly worth giving it a look.

mklions..