First time British/American cruisers, first time Seabourn - a thank you to you all

2cheekymonkies

Well we're a British / American couple, so either way we will get along splendidly.

Through all this excitement and encouragement, we are actually contemplating taking a helicopter as a transfer between Monte Carlo and Nice.

It sounds romantic (and terrifying!). Has anyone by chance done this? Flight time is 7 minutes and they depart every 30.

We need to catch a flight out of Nice Airport at noon, so this would get us there in a jiffy.

I've used that service but not when cruising. The maximum luggage allowance is a single 25kg case per passenger plus a small carry on sitting on your lap. Perfect for a dirty weekend away, not ideal for someone wanting to get dressed up every night on the ship :)

Just to add to what everyone else has said you will have a great time. It's a very gentle and lovely place onboard. If you do have Sophie as cruise director say hello from Henry, Sharon & Emily !

Henry :)

I imagine you have not booked your flights through Seabourn? If you have, you would be met at the airport in Barcelona, and taken probably by coach or could be limo. to the ship, and the same from Monte Carlo to Nice airport for the return trip.

Well we're a British / American couple, so either way we will get along splendidly.

Through all this excitement and encouragement, we are actually contemplating taking a helicopter as a transfer between Monte Carlo and Nice.

It sounds romantic (and terrifying!). Has anyone by chance done this? Flight time is 7 minutes and they depart every 30.

We need to catch a flight out of Nice Airport at noon, so this would get us there in a jiffy.

The helicopter is an amazing experience although I've never taken it when joining/disembarking a cruise because of baggage limits.

Highly recommended, it's your honeymoon and the only way to arrive in Monaco, dahhling ;):D Eidited to add, or to leave Monaco as in your case!

Save

Edited by Isklaar

The helicopter is an amazing experience although I've never taken it when joining/disembarking a cruise because of baggage limits.

Highly recommended, it's your honeymoon and the only way to arrive in Monaco, dahhling ;):D Eidited to add, or to leave Monaco as in your case!

Save

Well we are two boys and have read the threads about not overpacking so we think we will be bringing the bare minimum, we've two tuxes for events we are going to off ship, some shorts, pair of jeans and a few shirts. We are -trying- to pack light so we should be ok with the helicopter allownce if we take it through the husband is a bit fearful of heights so may need some talking into!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well we are two boys and have read the threads about not overpacking so we think we will be bringing the bare minimum, we've two tuxes for events we are going to off ship, some shorts, pair of jeans and a few shirts. We are -trying- to pack light so we should be ok with the helicopter allownce if we take it through the husband is a bit fearful of heights so may need some talking into!

Tell him there's nothing to be frightened of - it's absolutely exhilirating ;)

Or you can take it alone and put him in a cab for the tedious - and expensive - autoroute drive back to the airport. :D

Save

Go for it, both of you will enjoy it and it is a great view of the ship as you approach the heliport. Dead easy, walk downstairs in the airport to the lower level, and check in and security is painless. We had two full suitcases and two carry ons and there were no issues although we had a aircraft to ourselves as we had allowed an earlier flight to leave with three passengers.

As a wee bonus the transfer to the ship is in a very visible Heliair Monaco branded minibus. Oneupmanship!!

Last time we disembarked in Monaco, there was a coach transfer to Nice airport which got us there in very good time for an 11am flight.

Not romantic at all but much cheaper than a taxi or the helicopter.

On two occasions when other on-board credit was worth more than the Amex credit we have passed on it. Both times, Amex agreed to credit my Platinum account with the $300. So we got the best of both worlds.

Hi Roxburgh,

did you book the trip through AMEX travel, another TA or directly with SB? If another TA or SB, did you call platinum services to request the credit?

Thanks for your insights.

Edited by marazul

Hi Roxburgh,

did you book the trip through AMEX travel, another TA or directly with SB? If another TA or SB, did you call platinum services to request the credit?

Just emailed our Amex guy with the above, will let you know what he says. Though Amex platinum in the UK is notoriously worse than the US counterpart re: benefits etc.

Hi Roxburgh,

We booked through Amex travel and just asked the Amex TA if she could arrange it. She needed to get her supervisor to agree but that did not seem to be a big obstacle. We like our Amex TA and have done quite a lot of business with them so I did have some expectation of 'flexibility'.