Packing/customs questions/connecting flights

tbmrt

Get the AA app on your phone. You'll be able to check in as well as have a boarding pass right in the phone.

Yup, printed boarding passes are so last decade. :)

Actually, on-line check-in is pretty hit and miss for returning from international travel (perhaps it is better from the Caribbean). When it works, one can go paperless and when it doesn't one has to check in at the airport and get the paper thing.

Personally I could care less about whether people are "carry on only folks" or like to bring their entire wardrobe with them. It's all a matter of personal choice and travel style.

We are pretty casual. I will definitely not be wearing a different poolside outfit every day. If someone notices, they may gaze at the ocean instead - it's always pleasing.

Yup, printed boarding passes are so last decade. :)

Actually, on-line check-in is pretty hit and miss for returning from international travel (perhaps it is better from the Caribbean). When it works, one can go paperless and when it doesn't one has to check in at the airport and get the paper thing.

For International I always prefer a paper boarding pass.

For International I always prefer a paper boarding pass.

Why?

I prefer boarding passes on my phone for international - one less thing to keep track of. When the system lets me check in on-line or via the app, I've never had any problem using the electronic boarding pass.

On rare occasions, the airline has wanted to pre-check passports at the gate and scribble on the boarding pass that it has been checked, but they just scanned the electronic one and printed a paper one. It's been a couple of years since I've had that happen.

I used to print a paper one to keep in my carry-on in case my phone ran out of power since not all seats have power or the seat power outlets aren't working. Now I carry an external battery (especially since some United flights offer entertainment over your own device and that eats battery).

One can get a nice reliable 10000 mAh external battery from a name brand like Anker for less than $30 if one watches for sales. Sometimes much less.

Why?

I prefer boarding passes on my phone for international - one less thing to keep track of. When the system lets me check in on-line or via the app, I've never had any problem using the electronic boarding pass.

On rare occasions, the airline has wanted to pre-check passports at the gate and scribble on the boarding pass that it has been checked, but they just scanned the electronic one and printed a paper one. It's been a couple of years since I've had that happen.

I used to print a paper one to keep in my carry-on in case my phone ran out of power since not all seats have power or the seat power outlets aren't working. Now I carry an external battery (especially since some United flights offer entertainment over your own device and that eats battery).

One can get a nice reliable 10000 mAh external battery from a name brand like Anker for less than $30 if one watches for sales. Sometimes much less.

I have yet to take an international flight where my passport wasn't checked at the gate.

They also make good bookmarks.

Some international carriers don't even offer mobile boarding passes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For Carribbean cruises I always carry on my luggage & I have plenty of diversity in my clothing for a weeklong cruise.- I love clothes and like to dress up a bit for dinner and not wear the same thing all the time. I find managing the number of shoes I bring to be the key for me in packing a carry on. Also the laundry package, is key, which I love to use.

For longer cruises/vacations I usually pack a bigger bag, but I'm working on paring things down!