Vision - specialty restaurants

Maksim

Can anyone please comment on Vision Spaecialty restaurants? Any recommendations ? Is it worth to get a package for several? We usually go to at least 2, but on 16 days upcoming cruise, we might do more. Please advise. Thank you. Helen.

I have certainly had some of my favorite specialty experiences on Vision.

The Izumi has been very well managed on Vision and they have done a great lunchtime sushi class with meal included. I really like the position of Izumi on Vision up on what used to be the upper deck of the Viking Crown. They were the first in the fleet to have sushi take-away and offered at the Park Cafe as well.

Vision used to have Chops open for lunch on sea days, unlike many other ships where this was an evening only venue. Again the venue is very well designed in an intimate setting with windows and tables for 2 or four along the windows.

The Giovanni's is often where you will find the Captain and other officers entertaining at tables in the evenings and the food here was outstanding. Vision had opted to have Giovanni's closed for lunch and open in the evenings only. I am not sure if they have continued with this.

I had an excellent Chef's Table experience on 2 sailings on Vision with very knowledgeable and competent Sommelier along with a Chef Table manager and Chef presentation. The dining area in the aft of the main dining room was very well placed an gave one the feeling of a VIP experience within the main dining room.

I have certainly had some of my favorite specialty experiences on Vision.

The Izumi has been very well managed on Vision and they have done a great lunchtime sushi class with meal included. I really like the position of Izumi on Vision up on what used to be the upper deck of the Viking Crown. They were the first in the fleet to have sushi take-away and offered at the Park Cafe as well.

Vision used to have Chops open for lunch on sea days, unlike many other ships where this was an evening only venue. Again the venue is very well designed in an intimate setting with windows and tables for 2 or four along the windows.

The Giovanni's is often where you will find the Captain and other officers entertaining at tables in the evenings and the food here was outstanding. Vision had opted to have Giovanni's closed for lunch and open in the evenings only. I am not sure if they have continued with this.

I had an excellent Chef's Table experience on 2 sailings on Vision with very knowledgeable and competent Sommelier along with a Chef Table manager and Chef presentation. The dining area in the aft of the main dining room was very well placed an gave one the feeling of a VIP experience within the main dining room.

Thank you so much for your great description. It sounds like it's worth trying all three of them. Do you know if there is a package deal for that, or it's purchased individually?

Thank you so much for your great description. It sounds like it's worth trying all three of them. Do you know if there is a package deal for that, or it's purchased individually?

It seems that RCI have switched to the same percentage off for multiple bookings fleet wide.

In the past and even now, I would wait until boarding day to book my specialty restaurants, unless I really needed a specific time for a special event.

I can't specifically comment on Vision's staff but having been on her sister ship Grandeur, I can comment that Izumi & Chops are just fantastic. We had some of our best service at Izumi on Grandeur. We've had really good experiences at Chops on Independence and Explorer (not so much on Allure!). Giovanni's is a lovely restaurant but we've always been underwhelmed with the food -- the desserts don't tickle our fancy and we've had a more 'misses' than 'hits', but honestly, the food is lovely and most people seem to find it really enjoyable, some going so regularly the staff seem to know their names (to be fair, that is us with Izumi -- on Allure we ate at Izumi so much they were 'worried' when we didn't turn up some nights! haha).

The specialty dining on the ships in general is just really fantastic. The MDR is wonderful too, but they do a really nice job in the specialty restaurants as well! We're on Vision next July (such a long ways away now!) so we're really excited to be going to these restaurants again :)

I can't specifically comment on Vision's staff but having been on her sister ship Grandeur, I can comment that Izumi & Chops are just fantastic. We had some of our best service at Izumi on Grandeur. We've had really good experiences at Chops on Independence and Explorer (not so much on Allure!). Giovanni's is a lovely restaurant but we've always been underwhelmed with the food -- the desserts don't tickle our fancy and we've had a more 'misses' than 'hits', but honestly, the food is lovely and most people seem to find it really enjoyable, some going so regularly the staff seem to know their names (to be fair, that is us with Izumi -- on Allure we ate at Izumi so much they were 'worried' when we didn't turn up some nights! haha).

The specialty dining on the ships in general is just really fantastic. The MDR is wonderful too, but they do a really nice job in the specialty restaurants as well! We're on Vision next July (such a long ways away now!) so we're really excited to be going to these restaurants again :)

Wonderful. Thank you.