Wow dis-embakation in San Juan a nightmare

The last time we left from San Juan was on Carnival in 2006 and don't remember it being to bad and getting off the ship didn't seem bad either. The worst I think I have experience was from Miami.

We are leaving on the Jewel of the Seas in Dec. hope our 2:30 flight leaving from San Juan should be enough time to get off the ship and get to the airport.

Plenty of time. Remember to go through the agriculture inspection line before checking your luggage at the airlines.

I am from PR have taken several cruises out of San Juan. I now live in Boston.

The problem at the port is US Customs. It has been like this for several years. The same thing happens in Boston 1-2 hours wait until customs gets their act together. Vancouver is even worse!

Again it is all US Customs problem. Not RC or lazy workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are absolutely right! We have sailed from San Juan for the last 8 or 9 years and it just kept getting slower and slower. When 3 thousand + get off a ship and there are only 3 agents, it just doesn't flow. We have watched were 2 of the agents actually went and got a cup of coffee - and left!

It is a shame that San Juan doesn't see this as a problem.

I assume you mean TSA PRE?

The person you responded to said "I am surprised to read there was no precheck at the airport." The program is actually called PreCheck; the "check" is a checkmark. So while it's fun to call it Pre (and I do so as well), it's actually precheck. :)

The other that suck was I had 2 bottles of water and if pre was running my guess I would've been able to keep them. Which I needed. Just criminal.

Just because you might have been able to keep it in the past doesn't mean you're supposed to have that water. DH gets precheck through his global entry and we had it because we were on a reservation with him, and he fully got busted for a big bottle of water. And by busted I mean they took it LOL.

Big bottles of water aren't allowed, precheck or no precheck. Nothing criminal about it. As trusted travelers, those with precheck should know the rules and follow them. (we were traveling on Delta the day Delta went dark for 5 hours, DS had broken his arm on the trip, and our paid-for first class seats sudddenly said we were in coach, AND I had dumped coffee on my laptop, so to say DH was under some stress is a massive understatement...which is why he forgot to drink the water before we went through security)

(now whether it makes sense or not is another story)

The person you responded to said "I am surprised to read there was no precheck at the airport." The program is actually called PreCheck; the "check" is a checkmark. So while it's fun to call it Pre (and I do so as well), it's actually precheck. :)

Just because you might have been able to keep it in the past doesn't mean you're supposed to have that water. DH gets precheck through his global entry and we had it because we were on a reservation with him, and he fully got busted for a big bottle of water. And by busted I mean they took it LOL.

Big bottles of water aren't allowed, precheck or no precheck. Nothing criminal about it. As trusted travelers, those with precheck should know the rules and follow them. (we were traveling on Delta the day Delta went dark for 5 hours, DS had broken his arm on the trip, and our paid-for first class seats sudddenly said we were in coach, AND I had dumped coffee on my laptop, so to say DH was under some stress is a massive understatement...which is why he forgot to drink the water before we went through security)

(now whether it makes sense or not is another story)

Actually it is called TSA Pre, and they were 10oz. bottles and they may or may not have gotten through. I threw them. I would've gladly handed them over. I know I forgot I had 1 entering Ohare and he took it dumped the 1 oz out gave it back.

I am looking/weighing at getting a global entry card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Actually it is called TSA Pre, and they were 10oz. bottles and they may or may not have gotten through. I threw them. I would've gladly handed them over. I know I forgot I had 1 entering Ohare and he took it dumped the 1 oz out gave it back.

I am looking/weighing at getting a global entry card.

From tsa

Liquids Rule. You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item.

Pre check or not the rules are the rules and large containers with fluids will not make it through.

If you need water plan on buying it once through security

Edited by Spurschick

From tsa

Liquids Rule. You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item.

Pre check or not the rules are the rules and large containers with fluids will not make it through.

If you need water plan on buying it once through security

Thanks for the info! I know all this. I been flying consistently through the birth of all these liquid and gel restrictions.

A tad bit of brevity on this lovely 3 oz rule!

http:// http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/24fc3124ab/homeland-security-refresher-on-liquids-and-gels-snl?_cc=__m___&_ccid=a82ab937-2a62-4407-9629-10e914b94dd7

I agree - If you use a skycap they have a different/quicker line. We just went through this fiasco in June. It was hot, humid and slow! Luckily we had a later flight but I did notice the skycap trick..Probably best $20 tip spent!

Using a skycap helps also' date=' best money spent . They get you to the front of the line in no time. Since we have started doing this it has shortened our time in line. Also having prearranged transportation is another plus.

Sue[/quote']

Thank you for the reason why; since my driver to the airport really didn't know. Yes I was aware of it.

No there is no AC. I doubt at the cruise terminal on checkout no agent was using anything electronic. Only ship and tracking us, to make sure we were gone.

This is heads up for people to get earlier tickets off. Since those numbers may dictate when your luggage is put out. They got backed up by over an hour on the end.

Our taxi driver told us about the power, so probably that's why it was so hot in there. When did you leave? Was supposed to get called at 9.15, but at 9.45 they closed the gangway. Too much people in customs, all the way to second escalators. Got called off a little after 10 and we were in Condado around 11. Only 3 agents is not enough, but the agent I had was really really nice :)

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Our taxi driver told us about the power, so probably that's why it was so hot in there. When did you leave? Was supposed to get called at 9.15, but at 9.45 they closed the gangway. Too much people in customs, all the way to second escalators. Got called off a little after 10 and we were in Condado around 11. Only 3 agents is not enough, but the agent I had was really really nice :)

Cindy

11am finally called left like 12:20 in cab for airport. Yeah apparently a fire on a transfer station. It just looked like it was a warehouse with just fans. Royal on the way in aknowledge all levels, so getting to the ship quick, only diamond at the time, compared to the other line stuck outside. Not on the way out. Looking into a global entry card.

Cindy how did you like the hotel?

I thought nice, real big, and seemed a tad overpriced. No room service[emoji49] ! Somewhat hard to find stuff. It would've been nice to have a map in the book. It was nice watching Adventure come in. I don't understand how people in such a humid place in putting down tile that is non-slip. That includes Royal too! Wonder if maybe that had something to do with that kid that drowned on Anthem in June! Running slipped /planned and flew into the pool.

I guess when you travel solo you tend to see things. Again these are just observations of things that should've of been better planned out imo.

11am finally called left like 12:20 in cab for airport. Yeah apparently a fire on a transfer station. It just looked like it was a warehouse with just fans. Royal on the way in aknowledge all levels, so getting to the ship quick, only diamond at the time, compared to the other line stuck outside. Not on the way out. Looking into a global entry card.

Cindy how did you like the hotel?

I thought nice, real big, and seemed a tad overpriced. No room service[emoji49] ! Somewhat hard to find stuff. It would've been nice to have a map in the book. It was nice watching Adventure come in. I don't understand how people in such a humid place in putting down tile that is non-slip. That includes Royal too! Wonder if maybe that had something to do with that kid that drowned on Anthem in June! Running slipped /planned and flew into the pool.

I guess when you travel solo you tend to see things. Again these are just observations of things that should've of been better planned out imo.

Loved La Concha, it was an awesome room. Regular price would probably be expensive, but I got a great deal on hotwire.

Yup, slipped more than once near the pool and I was being very careful. Now I know why they are being called slippers: they slip!

Debarkation first week went much smoother, new people let on the ship before 12