TA on Quest, Southampton to Montreal.

upwarduk

It's a service that is available in countries where it is allowed. There are plenty of counties however where you could get a severe fine or even jail time. Never try to carry food through Australian customs for example.

Now - a large part of the enjoyment of travel for me is sampling local things and specifically local food, so why anyone would carry a lunch box off the ship is beyond me, but that's a different

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Spursgirl

Not sure what happened with previous post. Sorry.

I had no idea that Azamara provided lunch boxes but would not order one as I prefer to try local fare when off the ship.

However, for those who may have dietary issues or who like picnics am glad this option is available for them.

Edited by Spursgirl

It's a service that is available in countries where it is allowed. There are plenty of counties however where you could get a severe fine or even jail time. Never try to carry food through Australian customs for example.

Now - a large part of the enjoyment of travel for me is sampling local things and specifically local food, so why anyone would carry a lunch box off the ship is beyond me, but that's a different subject [emoji846]

A question was asked. I answered it. We have taken lunch boxes twice.....and I have no intention of explaining why other than twice it has been our choice.....for 2 different reasons!

It certainly would work better for us where taking items off is permitted some days where dealing with DHs allergies ashore are a potential challenge. It might take the stress out of some lunch stops. Sometimes the lovely local food just does not work! I never want to raid the buffet so an official box woukd be just great

That makes total sense Ann! Although you seem to be doing an excellent job as your husbands personal food taster [emoji3]

It certainly would work better for us where taking items off is permitted some days where dealing with DHs allergies ashore are a potential challenge. It might take the stress out of some lunch stops. Sometimes the lovely local food just does not work! I never want to raid the buffet so an official box woukd be just great

In our case, one of us also has food allergy issues which can, indeed, be challenging and are a factor when planning day trips.

We did not know about the potential for lunchboxes and that would be an excellent option.

The posters on this forum again prove to be wonderful sources of information.

Jackie and JollyJoyce - Thank you for your responses; glad to know that it was a pleasant experience!

PickyPicky - We are also on the Journey in June. I have contacted Enora at ACSM Tours to get the details on setting up a tour to MSM from Cherbourg. Please let me know if you are interested in participating! I will post this on our roll call as well.

I asked the Hotel Department what our policy is on this topic (which is another new topic for me, so thanks for asking).

I was told we typically do not volunteer this service because there are many variables, such as the port and what the authorities allow to be taken off the ship. I'm told iit varies greatly.

When it IS allowed, the offering, for public health reasons (no potentially hazardous foods), is:

- Plain grilled chicken breast sandwich

- Packet of mustard

- Packet of mayo

- Bag of potato chips

- Piece of whole fruit

- Cookie

- Bottle of water

This said, if important to you, always ask onboard.

Jackie and JollyJoyce - Thank you for your responses; glad to know that it was a pleasant experience!

PickyPicky - We are also on the Journey in June. I have contacted Enora at ACSM Tours to get the details on setting up a tour to MSM from Cherbourg. Please let me know if you are interested in participating! I will post this on our roll call as well.

I haven't seen any post from you on the Roll Call. Have you heard from ACSM Tours? I, too, contacted them, but have had no reply as of yet. Hope it's because of the weekend. I may be wishing for a private tour, but would certainly like to discuss sharing.

I asked the Hotel Department what our policy is on this topic (which is another new topic for me, so thanks for asking).

I was told we typically do not volunteer this service because there are many variables, such as the port and what the authorities allow to be taken off the ship. I'm told iit varies greatly.

When it IS allowed, the offering, for public health reasons (no potentially hazardous foods), is:

- Plain grilled chicken breast sandwich

- Packet of mustard

- Packet of mayo

- Bag of potato chips

- Piece of whole fruit

- Cookie

- Bottle of water

This said, if important to you, always ask onboard.

Thanks for looking into this.