Le Cirque on the Veendam

heron45

Has anyone eaten at Le Cirque recently on the Veendam. If so, what was your impressions?

We enjoyed "An Evening at Le Cirque" on our early June Canada-New England cruise on Veendam and it was fabulous as usual. We've done the Le Cirque dinner on every cruise we've taken since HAL introduced it (IIRC) in 2009 or 2010, and this one was the best ever, principally because our 2 granddaughters and our daughter and son-in-law were with us on the cruise and joined us for the Le Cirque dinner.

Smooth sailing ...

Edited by avian777

Yes, the menu was the same as the one on HAL's web site. My daughter and I had the Chateubriand (both of us for the second time) and it was outstanding. The only thing I did not enjoy was the Amuse Bouche (a pate concoction) because I cannot abide the taste of pate. YMMV I feel reasonably certain that you'll like the Le Cirque dinner and, who knows, you may even love it. At any rate, give it a try and post your review here.

Smooth sailing ...

How does one make a reservation for a Le Cirque night?

Log in to the HAL website and go to My Account. Under Reservations, select your cruise and click Purchase. (I just encountered additional log in screens which I've never encountered before so beware that may or may not happen when you try it.) Once you get through, select View Dining Options. There are three or four options depending on the ship you're sailing on. The base three are Evening at Le Cirque, Cannaletto, and Pinnacle Grill; the fourth option would be Tamarind. There would probably be more options for the Konigsdam but I don't know about them.

Once you choose Evening at Le Cirque, the drop down list will show you the evening(s) on which it is held. It is held once per cruise (more if it's a longer cruise). From that point, it's as simple as booking a shore excursion, you complete the transaction and pay for the dinner(s). Any applicable Mariner discount is credited to your onboard account.