Live on Liberty of the seas

twalker002

Ok will try this.

This is our second LOS cruise this year same itinerary. Roatan, Belize, & Cozumel.

So far fairly smooth sailing capitan did a great job today maneuvering us to the outskirts of a storm squall. Nothing but a little rain and wind.

Meet & Mingle was good a lot of mingling and participation made it fun.

Different this time versus our April cruise is Formal night is tonight Day 2. While we are not partaking of the MDR I will keep track of the order of the menus and post at the end.

Also different is the entertainment schedule. Ice skating show is on day 4 Roatan port day and Gordon said either day 6 or 7 for the other. Saturday night fever and second formal night is last night of cruise while the 70's party will be on Day 5.

All in all not being exactly the same works for us.

If you have questions post them and I will attempt to answer once or twice a day.

[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

If you see Roger Lessey, our favorite bartender, tell him Doug and Kathy said hello. He was in Boleros 2 weeks ago, but they get moved around, so who knows?

We will look for him now! We love a good bartender.

Have you done the zipline last April?

Thanks for your live update.

No my lovely back issues will not allow for me to do that. However my friend and his wife are going in Belize so I will ask him to come post a review here of that excursion.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Day 2 done

At 1:30am I had NO intention of being up at 7:00am or at least the strawberry caipirinhas set that intention but the incorrect room service call 15 min ago changed that so here I am.

Adult Comedy show was great and packed. April cruise, now looking back seems empty to this one. The theater was packed and I get the feeling like there is way more people onboard.

Hoof and Claw entertainer Julian Mayer is good, not Derrick Lewis awesome but good. We were there until 1am. If you are a Derrick Lewis fan and follow him on FB you may have seen his post yesterday that his and all hoof and claw entertainment on Liberty has been cancelled until the end of the year. 😭

Seems like Phil Anderson in the Schooner Lounge is keeping bigger crowds. We really like him night 1 but it is hard to find seats. 🤔

Today, the second sea day, will be a very laid back day for us. Breakfast, next cruise, solarium pool.

Seems like Phil Anderson in the Schooner Lounge is keeping bigger crowds. We really like him night 1 but it is hard to find seats.

He packed em in a few weeks ago too. With no Derek Lewis in the pub he gets all the 'pub' crowds. On our sailing Bubba feathers had to go home due to a death in the family, so Phil 'guest starred' with the band a few nights. Was like a fun jam session seeing Phil with a guitar keyboard playing C&W dance music.

Thank you for live posting your cruise. DH and I are sailing at the end of October, so I'm following your posts with great interest.

Definitely would like to know what to do in each of the ports. DH would like to go zip lining but due to health, I would not be able to participate.

Have been reading about Little French Key off Roatan, but not sure we want to do that unless we could have a covered area where we can sit by the ocean.

Also, any heads up about the ship or cruise itself would be beneficial... Once again, my thanks.

Thank you for live posting your cruise. DH and I are sailing at the end of October, so I'm following your posts with great interest.

Definitely would like to know what to do in each of the ports. DH would like to go zip lining but due to health, I would not be able to participate.

Have been reading about Little French Key off Roatan, but not sure we want to do that unless we could have a covered area where we can sit by the ocean.

Also, any heads up about the ship or cruise itself would be beneficial... Once again, my thanks.

Little french key has many options from full sun to shade. Picture here is from april. I will get current pics in from this cruise. Fyi LFK has a zipline option as well but it is a small one. 7263912f16ffd6d43fc8d4c905238cb5.jpg

If possible can you find out how long Phil and Julian will be onboard? yes - we are NOT happy about the Derek Lewis news. :(

Not happy about Derek either. We were on a few weeks ago without him and there were never more than a few in their listening to the guitar player/singer they had. We are back on again in early December and were looking forward to some quality Pub time.

Not sure about Phil, but I do know The Bubba Feathers Band will be on break starting November, so not sure who they will have as a ship's band then.

One thing I had not seen much before. They were having musicians and singers from the orchestra/troup do acts in the lounge/bars. Did a 'Legends of guitar show. Some great instrumentals, but to me the singer had one note, and used it often. They also did a classic broadway bit on another night with a lot of the singers doing show tunes. Those were both in the Star Lounge. A guitar player from Brazil did smaller numbers in the Schooner and Boleros, and was very talented.

If you could post Cruise Compasses after the trip that would be great. I know they will change before my cruise at the end of November, but it gives me an idea. I just saw Phil Anderson leaves Liberty Nov. 6 and comes back in January. Boo...Gonna miss him again.

Yesterday was Roatan and my birthday so decided to postpone the daily review for the monkeylala's to wear off. 🙃

Little French Key was great again. Albert and Melissa made my day. We spent the day just chillin but others enjoyed the snorkeling and horseback riding. Great food, drinks, and new friends.

(Will post pics when we get home)

Last night was the Love and Marriage game show and party on the pool deck. We made it through the show but found my bed shortly thereafter.

I do want to say our cabin attendant is the bomb! Walid is amazing and every time I tell him thank you and let him know how much I love how he is taking care of us he seems humbled. Side note turning 44 yesterday doesn't change my enjoyment of towel animals.

4519a4857589fa55706492080d522ace.jpg

Also got to say hi to our attendant from April this year Erik Bennett.

Today was Belize. While we were expecting overcast it was not and it was HOT!

We tendered in for shopping and lunch. The tender process... so tender tickets were not distributed until this morning so after sleeping in and skipping breakfast we got to 4th floor for ours around 9am and were instructed to wait in Studio B.

There were grumbly folks and stressed staff hubby and I just sat and tried to make smiles. Apparently no overhead announcements make folks more cranky as we heard two different staff call for a clarification announcement that they weren't hearing announcements because there wasn't any yet. Around 9:45 all excursion guests were off and the numbers began being called. We had 14 [emoji15] so I was expecting a wait at that time however the place seemed cleared out and the cruise director called for anyone ready to go to head out whoo hoo on tender by 10am. Note the tender numbers were not called out ship wide only in studio B.

We shopped a little and the ate lunch at the Wet Lizard. Lobster fritters were awesome i highly recommend them. By 1 we were hot and tired so back to the ship to rest and some pool time.

It was the second formal night and we dined in Chops. Fyi on the night lobster is served in mdr they will bring you the lobster with your meal at no additional charge in Chops.

We are not impressed by the mdr food on liberty and knew this from our cruise this past April so we bought the 4 night dining package.

70's dance party on the promenade was tonight and a blast. So much so that we were worn out and decided to turn in.

Sweet dreams all!