Live on Liberty of the seas

twalker002

LFK is awesome! We went there in April and again this time. You can chill, snorkel (off the beach or boat out), horseback riding, zip line, rope swing, massages, helicopter rides, and new this time you can rent jet skis. Basically whatever you want they can most likely accommodate.

Email from their website to reserve and Melissa can help you plan anything. She was great.

We relaxed, snorkeled off the beach and then just chilled on the benches in the clear water with an insane amount of drinks (monkeylala, tornados, and rum punch)

Oh...I forgot you went last April. We went to and loved it. Going back in 6 weeks. We had leftover drinks coupons and massage cards and the owner said he would honor them if we returned. Taking him up on that. :)

Hey Walker and Wilson. Looks like we will be back on Liberty April 23rd this time. Sans family....16 people were way too much to keep up with last April! Hope to see you again then. That's the other route to Jamaica.

I hope they have the lounge situation straightened out by then:rolleyes:

Becci!!! Hope you have been doing well. We considered Liberty for April 2017, but since we are doing her this Nov we decided to try another ship and picked Harmony for our Spring cruise. We are not happy AT ALL that Derek Lewis' contact has changed and he will not be on Liberty in Nov.

Edited by Wilson

Was the country band still on the ship?

The Bubba Feathers Band was on board, minus Bubba, who had a family emergency to attend to. The remaining players filled in, and Phil Anderson even joined them at least one evening. They played most nights in the Star Lounge.

They are supposed to go on break in November. Not sure when they'll be back on board, or who will fill in while they are gone.

Thanks for the updates, We will be on the same ship Oct 23rd. Could you tell us if there is a good band for dancing and which lounge they are playing in?

I think Boleros for one, but am not sure about the other lounges on board. Is there a star lounge or something similar?

Thanks for any info

John and Alison

Thanks for the updates, We will be on the same ship Oct 23rd. Could you tell us if there is a good band for dancing and which lounge they are playing in?

I think Boleros for one, but am not sure about the other lounges on board. Is there a star lounge or something similar?

Thanks for any info

John and Alison

That's going to depend on what kind of dancing you're talking about if you're asking me I'm from Texas i only do country that was in the star lounge I believe there was Latin in boleros and disco or top 40 in Olive or Twist

The compasses I posted here actually show each night what they have

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Edited by twalker002

Can you post a review of your zipline excursion in Belize? Pleaseeeeer<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Geeez, some people are sooo demanding.... :p<br />

<br />

The Belize Jaguar Cave Zipline and Tube Excursion was wonderful. It listed as a high physical demand activity but we did not find it more than moderate. The hardest part was the 4 minute initial walk up to the zipline - uphill but very short. You zip line through the forest and then into the caves. 6 total zip lines. The zip lines into the cave were awesome as you went from forest into cave darkness - made the arrival that much more fun!<br />

<br />

The bus ride from the port is about an hour and fifteen minutes full of fun facts and interesting conversation from the tour guide. The bus was comfortable and moderately air conditioned. <br />

<br />

After the zip line, you took a tube ride through the caves. This is not a white water ride but a very smooth ride with your group in their tubes pulled along by a guide who again, talks about fun facts, history of the caves, and provides a very nice addition the relaxing, cool water ride after a hot forest zip line canopy tour. <br />

<br />

After this is done, the bus takes you to lunch at a small outpost. The lunch was an incredible Belizean combination of chicken, rice, and beans... sounds simple but oh so good!! Definitely try the available hot sauce - it has great flavor! You can also sample cashew wine and blueberry wine from the local community. <br />

<br />

All in all, one of the best tours we have done and I highly recommend it!

Can you post a review of your zipline excursion in Belize? Pleaseeeeer<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Geeez, some people are sooo demanding.... :p<br />

<br />

The Belize Jaguar Cave Zipline and Tube Excursion was wonderful. It listed as a high physical demand activity but we did not find it more than moderate. The hardest part was the 4 minute initial walk up to the zipline - uphill but very short. You zip line through the forest and then into the caves. 6 total zip lines. The zip lines into the cave were awesome as you went from forest into cave darkness - made the arrival that much more fun!<br />

<br />

The bus ride from the port is about an hour and fifteen minutes full of fun facts and interesting conversation from the tour guide. The bus was comfortable and moderately air conditioned. <br />

<br />

After the zip line, you took a tube ride through the caves. This is not a white water ride but a very smooth ride with your group in their tubes pulled along by a guide who again, talks about fun facts, history of the caves, and provides a very nice addition the relaxing, cool water ride after a hot forest zip line canopy tour. <br />

<br />

After this is done, the bus takes you to lunch at a small outpost. The lunch was an incredible Belizean combination of chicken, rice, and beans... sounds simple but oh so good!! Definitely try the available hot sauce - it has great flavor! You can also sample cashew wine and blueberry wine from the local community. <br />

<br />

All in all, one of the best tours we have done and I highly recommend it!

Wow! So happy to see this!! It sounds like a great option!

One thing I have been worried about is whether there are many bugs / mosquitos in the Forrest and caves. Do you remember what you saw that day? Also - what did you wear? Did you get wet in the caves such that the bug spray would not stay on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First of all many thanks for your informative review of your recent LotS cruise.... and the cruise compasses.

A question I have is regarding getting a reasonably early disembarkation time when you are not on an official shore excursion. For example, for our trip to Goff's Caye in Belize, we are due to be met at 9am in the port (near to tender arrival).

Do you foresee any issues getting into port for that time?

Thanks again.

First of all many thanks for your informative review of your recent LotS cruise.... and the cruise compasses.

A question I have is regarding getting a reasonably early disembarkation time when you are not on an official shore excursion. For example, for our trip to Goff's Caye in Belize, we are due to be met at 9am in the port (near to tender arrival).

Thanks again.

You will have to show your excursion reservation to get an early tender ticket. In Belize even though we were the only ship in port tendering seemed to take awhile. Even for those booked on a ship excursion. Most private tour companies know the drill and understand.

Wow! So happy to see this!! It sounds like a great option!

One thing I have been worried about is whether there are many bugs / mosquitos in the Forrest and caves. Do you remember what you saw that day? Also - what did you wear? Did you get wet in the caves such that the bug spray would not stay on?

<br />

<br />

Bug spray is helpful. Took dry clothes in a backpack to change into. You need water shoes which you will wear to zip line and cave tube, no chance to change shoes in between... unless you want wet sneakers. No flip flops or similar shoes allowed on zip line. Bring a towel in your bag. They will have lockers to store stuff with a changing area. The tube is last and then you prepare to leave so don't worry about bug spray washing off. Your but may be the only thing that gets real wet depending on you but you can hop off the raft into the cool water at the end (and rinse of all the sweat) which I recommend.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Thanks again.

It took over 2 hours to tender everyone to Belize last April, we just stayed on ship ( even though we could have had priority tender since we were in suite)

It took over 2 hours to tender everyone to Belize last April, we just stayed on ship ( even though we could have had priority tender since we were in suite)

We just went up to the Diamond Lounge and requested priority tickets. You will receive tender #1 tickets, so you can leave when you wish.

We ended up not going ashore in Belize, but that is a different story. :)