Stock benefit and 2 cabins

denrusk

My wife and I have a joint account with our carnival stock. We are booking a cruise and will have 2'separate rooms, her and a friend in one and me and a friend in the other. Can we get the credit for both rooms?

We've done this twice already. My husband and I had separate booking numbers. I submitted my stockholder benefit first then did my husband's the next day. Each was approved.

Upon embarkation, we went to Guest Services. Our S&S cards were reprogrammed so my husband was in our cabin. The obc stayed on his S&S account. It was great to start the cruise with $200 obc. :D

If you have 200 shares you can.

We only own 100 shares but jointly.

Thank you for the replies. I asked my PVP today and she told me to send one to her now and wait a month to send the other. I will do that, but I don't see why we should need to. Booking 2 rooms on the same cruise should be no different than booking 2 separate cruises and using it for both. I don't see anywhere in the rules that require 200 shares for anything.

Thank you for the replies. I asked my PVP today and she told me to send one to her now and wait a month to send the other. I will do that, but I don't see why we should need to. Booking 2 rooms on the same cruise should be no different than booking 2 separate cruises and using it for both. I don't see anywhere in the rules that require 200 shares for anything.

Hi there

While they (carnival) may or may not be aware that the rules allow you to do this, they certainly wouldn't appreciate people that would be trying to take advantage of the situation.

Since it is their rules, flaunting the rules for your monetary benefit could have them easily change the rules to say that you will need 200 shares in the future, or worse still...that you can't change passenger stateroom after boarding without a monetary penalty. That would make all those people that take advantage of the rules to get around the Cheers package requirements real happy. Then everybody would come to this site and crab about the way Carnival changes their rules to get more money out of people, and we would all point the finger at you.

I think it is one of those, if it works, why rock the boat :):)

just a thought

We have used the shareholder benefit many times. I have 100 shares of Carnival stock in my IRA account, and my husband also has 100 shares of Carnival stock in his IRA account. We booked side-by-side balcony cabins with our daughters. I had one cabin using my brokerage statement for the OBC, and my husband got his benefit for the other cabin. My daughter and I simply swapped cards while on the ship. I would never be willing to submit the SAME brokerage statement to qualify for more than one discount.

We've done this twice already. My husband and I had separate booking numbers. I submitted my stockholder benefit first then did my husband's the next day. Each was approved.

Upon embarkation, we went to Guest Services. Our S&S cards were reprogrammed so my husband was in our cabin. The obc stayed on his S&S account. It was great to start the cruise with $200 obc. :D

We only own 100 shares but jointly.

Each person needs to own a minimum of 100 shares

The easiest way to get a benefit to disappear or be modified is to abuse it

Not really sure how this is abusing the benefit. I simply asked a question. If I book a cruise with a friend the first week of June and my wife books a cruise the second week of June we are both able to get credit. Not sure what the difference is if we both book the same cruise with our friends. Sorry for asking, I am not trying to abuse the system. Thanks for the replies!

Not really sure how this is abusing the benefit. I simply asked a question. If I book a cruise with a friend the first week of June and my wife books a cruise the second week of June we are both able to get credit. Not sure what the difference is if we both book the same cruise with our friends. Sorry for asking, I am not trying to abuse the system. Thanks for the replies!

If you both book at the same time so you can benefit from the OBC twice on the same cruise, you would be going to guest services after to change your cabin so you can now be in the same cabin. Getting twice the agreed OBC is not what Carnival offered to give you in one cabin.

This was the reason I previously brought up the Cheers packages. So you have 4 people and only two people want to pay for the package, those 2 people book the same cabin and once onboard they change cabins to be with their respective spouses. Voila...they have a drinks package with only one in each cabin paying. Again not the agreement that Carnival has offered. Taking advantage of the situation in a very similar way.

As Karnyval said, "the easiest way to get a benefit to disappear or be modified is to abuse it."

Ok, not that I need to explain, my wife and one of her girl friends and me and a guy friend are going on a cruise. Our friends are also just friends. Not dating! To not be awkward, she will be with her friend and me with mine. I simple was asking if since we booked 2 separate cabins could we get the credit for both. If not, no big deal! How cheers is involved in this I have no idea, none of us will be getting it! Thank you to those for answering my questions, for those of you trying to read between the lines, go find something else to occupy your time!

As many have said, you need to own 100 shares in your name. If you want credit for 2 cabins and have 100 shares in 2 different accounts with both person names on it. Or 2 different accounts with 1 person name on each account. Or a combination of both types of accounts . You deserve the get the credit for both cabins.

Those who have 1 account and submit it seperately just to get the obc will be the first to complain when they take this perk away.

We have submitted for obc for 2 cabins many many times. That being said DH in one cabin me in the other. We have 2 seperate a/c with 100+ shares of carnival. If a few selfish passengers who cheat the system so we lose this perk, I will be one of the first to complain.

One of our accounts is joint, the other account is in DH IRA account.

Edited by c&d

Yes and we are not abusing it. My sister and I share an account with 100 shares, we both got the credit on our up coming cruise. It's NOT cheating the system because you have to have TWO rooms. There is no difference than me going on one cruise and her going later on another. If we tried and we were in the same room that would be cheating and wouldn't work and yes we used the same statment as verification.

Each person needs to own a minimum of 100 shares

As many have said, you need to own 100 shares in your name. If you want credit for 2 cabins and have 100 shares in 2 different accounts with both person names on it. Or 2 different accounts with 1 person name on each account. Or a combination of both types of accounts . You deserve the get the credit for both cabins.

Please provide proof.

We share 100 shares and get two rooms. We are 6 so always have two rooms since our kids can't stay alone. If we can sail on two ships that leave the same day and get the credit why would we not be able to sail on the same ship in two rooms and get it. I don't see this as abuse. I can agree to disagree.

If you both book at the same time so you can benefit from the OBC twice on the same cruise, you would be going to guest services after to change your cabin so you can now be in the same cabin. Getting twice the agreed OBC is not what Carnival offered to give you in one cabin.

This was the reason I previously brought up the Cheers packages. So you have 4 people and only two people want to pay for the package, those 2 people book the same cabin and once onboard they change cabins to be with their respective spouses. Voila...they have a drinks package with only one in each cabin paying. Again not the agreement that Carnival has offered. Taking advantage of the situation in a very similar way.

As Karnyval said, "the easiest way to get a benefit to disappear or be modified is to abuse it."

Platinum members use this technique with friends that are not Platinum. The benefit is VIP boarding. Carnival is more then aware of people doing this for boarding and shareholder credit. If they wanted to create rules to stop this they would. But frankly Carnival is accomplishing what they need do and that is to fill cabins at good rates.

Platinum members use this technique with friends that are not Platinum. The benefit is VIP boarding. Carnival is more then aware of people doing this for boarding and shareholder credit. If they wanted to create rules to stop this they would. But frankly Carnival is accomplishing what they need do and that is to fill cabins at good rates.

Me being Diamond DH is Platinum, we do this when we travel with our friends. We have a way more than the 100 required Carnival stock in the 2 accounts.

and the wash and fold laundry. Again, why stop it? They simply reduced the amount of free laundry Platinum cruisers receive.