5:15pm dining time?

rkad

Who would be waiting for them? I assume they will have a table for two.

They never said they would be at a table for 2 but it's still selfish to leave the DR for 15 to 20 minutes for something so foolish.

People are waiting with beepers to eat & they would be holding up a table during peak dining hours.

If they really wanted to enjoy the sunset that evening at their leisure just go to the Horizon where they can dine & have a full height window to gaze out of while eating. There's plenty of window seating and no one would be inconvenienced.

What the website says and what your cruise card says can be (and often are) different. A 5:30 TD time can be anything else when you board, 5:15, 5:45. It's a pet peeve of all TD diners.

What I have seen during the last two years is that TD at the back of deck 6 is usually set at 5:45, but tends to move opening closer to 5:30 as the cruise goes on. The mid ship TD dining room on deck 6 usually is timed to start 15 min before the on in the back, usually 5:30 with opening sliding towards 5:15.

The anytime midships on deck 5 usually has people lining up at 5 and opens around 5:15.

People are waiting with beepers to eat & they would be holding up a table during peak dining hours.

I thought we covered this. Let's go through it again, shall we? OP will be in early traditional dining where the table they use is theirs alone for the duration of dinner. No one is waiting with a beeper to use their table because beepers are a feature of anytime dining, and, as I will be happy to point out again, OP will be using traditional dining.

However, if I happen to be on the same ship with OP and happen to encounter him outside watching the sunset, I will be sure to tell him to hurry back to his table because floridalover5623 does not approve. :rolleyes:

I thought we covered this. Let's go through it again, shall we? OP will be in early traditional dining where the table they use is theirs alone for the duration of dinner. No one is waiting with a beeper to use their table because beepers are a feature of anytime dining, and, as I will be happy to point out again, OP will be using traditional dining.

However, if I happen to be on the same ship with OP and happen to encounter him outside watching the sunset, I will be sure to tell him to hurry back to his table because floridalover5623 does not approve. :rolleyes:

I personally couldn't give a s..t less. I do anytime early & don't have any of the problems that TD diners or AT diners have.

I hope you're sitting at his table so that you can wait for them to return from their intermission for the sunset so the waiter can proceed with the service. :p

I personally couldn't give a s..t less. I do anytime early & don't have any of the problems that TD diners or AT diners have.

I hope you're sitting at his table so that you can wait for them to return from their intermission for the sunset so the waiter can proceed with the service. :p

I'm going outside with him. :D

What the website says and what your cruise card says can be (and often are) different. A 5:30 TD time can be anything else when you board, 5:15, 5:45. It's a pet peeve of all TD diners.

No kidding. Last year we did a 17 day SF-FLL full transit of the Panama Canal. We booked for 5:45 dining and figured that was actually pretty early but, when we boarded, found that we had been moved to the 5:15 time slot. Sheesh... It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early. Rushing back from shore to meet that time slot is a pain. If you want to go to the Plat/Elite affair (I love Stilton night :)) it's too close to dinner. We would never deliberately choose 5:15 dining and were unhappy that Princess moved us to such an early time slot when we had been "confirmed" for a later slot for many months.

Edited by Thrak

No kidding. Last year we did a 17 day SF-FLL full transit of the Panama Canal. We booked for 5:45 dining and figured that was actually pretty early but, when we boarded, found that we had been moved to the 5:15 time slot. Sheesh... It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early. Rushing back from shore to meet that time slot is a pain. If you want to go to the Plat/Elite affair (I love Stilton night :)) it's too close to dinner. We would never deliberately choose 5:15 dining and were unhappy that Princess moved us to such an early time slot when we had been "confirmed" for a later slot for many months.

Don't blame you at all for being irritated. Not to mention you miss the fun and enjoyable aspects of most "Sail Aways" too. Those have always been part of the highlight of my cruising experience, to be forced to get ready to feed my face and miss such doesn't cut it.

We have also been subjected to the moved earlier dinner time and have not been happy with it. While we prefer to eat early, 5:15 is really early.

Wonder if TD on other cruise lines have the same problem?