Balcony bed port/starboard

cabinfever60

I don't know if this is true on all decks on all ships, but for all of the cabins I have been in, if you look at the deck plan you will see a line in the hallway indicating where there is a watertight door barrier. It is a quarter circle looking drawing on the deck plans. If you start at the bow and work toward the stern, the first cabin to the stern of the watertight door will have the bed with the head at the stern and your feet at the bow. In other words, you will be situated so that you are traveling in the direction of your body. The next cabin will be reversed such that your head will be at the bow and your feet pointing toward the stern. For what it's worth, this doesn't really matter when you are sleeping. You can't really feel the difference. But I do find that it matters to us when we are in a Mini-Suite as we prefer to sit in a loveseat that faces forward.

Looking at the deck plan, if my theory holds on Coral, (I have never been on that ship), the head of the bed in B422 would be toward the bow. So as yo enter the cabin, your hallway to the balcony would be on the left side of the cabin and as you walk toward the balcony your bed would be on your right.

Edited by JimmyVWine

I don't know if this is true on all decks on all ships, but for all of the cabins I have been in, if you look at the deck plan you will see a line in the hallway indicating where there is a watertight door barrier. It is a quarter circle looking drawing on the deck plans. If you start at the bow and work toward the stern, the first cabin to the stern of the watertight door will have the bed with the head at the stern and your feet at the bow. In other words, you will be situated so that you are traveling in the direction of your body. The next cabin will be reversed such that your head will be at the bow and your feet pointing toward the stern. For what it's worth, this doesn't really matter when you are sleeping. You can't really feel the difference. But I do find that it matters to us when we are in a Mini-Suite as we prefer to sit in a loveseat that faces forward.

Looking at the deck plan, if my theory holds on Coral, (I have never been on that ship), the head of the bed in B422 would be toward the bow. So as yo enter the cabin, your hallway to the balcony would be on the left side of the cabin and as you walk toward the balcony your bed would be on your right.

I think this is right because the doors are right next to one another and when you walk into the room, the aisle between the foot of the bed and the wall is always straight ahead. So, it stands to reason that every other cabin has the head of the bed in the forward direction and the next one would be in the aft direction. Although I have never booked a room based on this, I have found I sleep best when the head of the bed is forward. I wonder if there is any science to this or just a personal preference.

We were on the golden and had two cabins side by side

C227 balcony had the head aft

C231 balcony had the head forward

Basically the heads of our beds were on the same common wall.

FWIW, these results comport with the theory that I set forth above based on the position of the cabins in relation to the watertight doors.

Does anyone know what direction the bed in, Balcony cabin B422 on the Coral Princess? I'm on baja deck port side of ship, will my bed face the Bow or will it face the stern?[/quote

In most cabins the bathrooms are back to back between two cabins with a common plumbing access in the hallway. It appears that your bathrooms will be b2b with cabin B424. If this assumption is correct then when you enter the cabin the bathroom, closet area, and bed area will be to your left. Lying on the bed your feet will point forward.

If it is that important, the only way to confirm is to ask Princess. They have more detailed deck plans.

Edited by sknight

In most cabins the bathrooms are back to back between two cabins with a common plumbing access in the hallway. It appears that your bathrooms will be b2b with cabin B424. If this assumption is correct then when you enter the cabin the bathroom, closet area, and bed area will be to your left. Lying on the bed your feet will point forward.

If it is that important, the only way to confirm is to ask Princess. They have more detailed deck plans.

I think you have this backwards. Here are two pictures of B422 that I found. You can see daylight to the left of the person sitting at the desk. That would be the balcony. Since this is a port side cabin, that means that if the ocean is off to your left, then the bow is at the head of the bed with feet pointing to the stern. The hallway is on the left, meaning that the bathroom, closet area and bed are to the right. This matches with what I posted above about bed direction in relation to watertight doors.

1031.jpg

1033.jpg

Here is a link to the website for verification.

http://www.shipcabins.com/decks.php?ship=Coral%20Princess