Royal princess Dry dock- New livery?

princessfanboy

Love the new design and much classier than NCL. Also very excited to hear about the center stairs. We always stay midship, and I must admit I missed the convenience of the center stairs although it was never a major problem. I've sailed on the Royal three times and once on the Regal and love this class of ship. Really missed sailing with Princess this year, but have a Mediterranean cruise booked on the Royal next June. Can't wait!

Anyone know if Royal Princess now has a pool and stairs on deck 17 like Regal Princess?

I read a post that said no small aft pool but the steps were added.

I'm wondering if they added other things that are on the Regal: the theater's side aisles & extended wind deflectors forward of the Retreat Pool.

I'm wondering if they added other things that are on the Regal: the theater's side aisles & extended wind deflectors forward of the Retreat Pool.

Great thanks for that. Are you referring to the wind deflectors in the Sanctuary? When I was in Regal Princess the staff mentioned Royal needed them but this was a while back. Someone in this threat mentioned something about the theatre'/ side aisles being removed for easy flow but I'm unsure if it was confirmed.

Hi Frank,

The wind deflectors were added. You can see them in the 3rd and 5th pictures here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51284326&postcount=45

:D

Looks like some extra radar domes have been added too?

Good eye! I posted these pictures on a different thread discussing the exhaust extensions on her smoke stack: there are two new radar domes directly aft of the MUTS screen and one new one near the forward grouping...

Before dry dock - taken Aug. 2016 (original picture was black and white)

30289548925_a78ccddd44_b_d.jpg

After dry dock - taken Oct. 10, 2016

30132579002_fe08a98b0c_b_d.jpg

(Credit both pictures to Nicolas Navi e Armatori)

Good eye! I posted these pictures on a different thread discussing the exhaust extensions on her smoke stack: there are two new radar domes directly aft of the MUTS screen and one new one near the forward grouping...

Before dry dock - taken Aug. 2016 (original picture was black and white)

30289548925_a78ccddd44_b_d.jpg

After dry dock - taken Oct. 10, 2016

30132579002_fe08a98b0c_b_d.jpg

(Credit both pictures to Nicolas Navi e Armatori)

Thanks, your other post was where I spotted them! I didn't notice the wind deflectors by the retreat until someone else pointed them out though.

Edited by RedEarth

Those could also be for satellite receivers.

Confirmed by Captain Bob Oliver when we were aboard Royal Princess last month. But some clever dicks on CC say the Captain isn't in a position to make that claim!

I'm very surprised that one is able to refer to fellow posters in such a manner.

The issue with your assertion is that there have been many, many posts

here by folks who have been told directly by the captain, by the cruise

directory, by the pope...

...which later turned out to be false.

It would be rather fool hardy to read cruisecritic without some skepticism.

• 3 weeks later...

"Does anyone know if the promenade deck is now open from aft to forward, going under the tenders like the Regal?"

On the 10/22 Mexico cruise, the area aft of the midship promenade is closed with "crew only" signs. It is narrow and not very inviting. I suspect it will remain closed to passengers.