World cruising article on CNN

ahoymatey3

Thanks for the article infomation. Taking the world trip is my dream and a goal that I'm setting for within the next 10 years. When I told my friends that I want to take this trip, none were surprise. I guess I was born with that traveling gene. From quiting my job and working in Yellowstone for a year, to taking a double trip in Alaska, when I want to go somewhere, I do it.

Thanks for the link; I really enjoyed reading the article.

Now that I have all the time to travel that I could ever want, where's a good Lottery win to afford it? :rolleyes:

Ruth, you just need find the right companion. A rich one with one foot in the grave and the other on a bananna peel. ;)

I don't recognize the deck. It appears to be looking aft from the Sky Deck, but it's not that big and the radar deck would be in the way. Also, the pool's sliding roof would be right in the middle behind the steward. Those look like the twin exhaust uptakes in the back. Was there some SOE work that changed the uppermost deck spaces since I was on it in '01?

Thanks for the link; I really enjoyed reading the article.

Now that I have all the time to travel that I could ever want, where's a good Lottery win to afford it? :rolleyes:

we just got the 2007 World Cruise flyer... sign up by Jan 31, 2006 and your inside cabin is only "from" $17,299... how can you pass up such a deal?

Actually, Grumpy, I also received a flyer recently that listed out three longer cruises---besides the World Cruise the other two sounded very nice.

I'm tempted, but I'm feeling poor lately. Can't figure out why, either---my unused vacation pay came in and it would pay for a real nice time. Would that make me:

"A rich widow with a bad heart.

RuthC - I am ever on the lookout for a 99-year old multi-millionaire with a bad heart and no living family. Right now, he has to be a quadruplet (I have friends), but I can always expand my search for quintuptlets who meet this criteria. Let me know if you're interested!!:D

RuthC - I am ever on the lookout for a 99-year old multi-millionaire with a bad heart and no living family. Right now, he has to be a quadruplet (I have friends), but I can always expand my search for quintuptlets who meet this criteria. Let me know if you're interested!!:D

if one of those quads happen to like early 40s slightly overweight, fun, semi-attractive gay men (it could happen), please refer him to me.

Thanks, but no thanks---looking for younger this time. Someone to take care of me if I get sick, doncha know;) . Let him wait his turn; he can have the inheritance for the next wife. :D

I don't recognize the deck. It appears to be looking aft from the Sky Deck, but it's not that big and the radar deck would be in the way. Also, the pool's sliding roof would be right in the middle behind the steward. Those look like the twin exhaust uptakes in the back. Was there some SOE work that changed the uppermost deck spaces since I was on it in '01?

tomc--

This one took me a while too.

Imagine yourself standing on the starboard aft Lido Deck of Amsterdam facing the stern - the pool is on your right...

What you see beyond the aft rail is Diamond Princess - you're looking directly into her bridge w/ her solarium and funnel in the distance

story.amsterdam.ap.jpg

Archived