Book on ncl.com website if live in uk??

firstcarib

Hi, we are only bronze Latitudes members( will be silver after our October T/A cruise) so have not travelled often with ncl(yet!!) Ive been looking at my forthcoming cruise on the website, I checked in with my Latitudes number & ended up on ncl.com. There were excellent offers there, for Latitudes members, & Im tempted to book for my family, 10 of us in total. But it asks me which state we are from, with no option to put" non USA" So has anyone from UK booked via ncl.com? I have spoken to a UK travel agent who couldnt match the ncl offers & tried to tell me f I booked n the USA site I could be refused boarding as Im not a US citizen!!!???:eek: Any comments welcome please. Jane

I have booked on UK, US, and eu site, NCL never checked my residency when boarding, ever. How can they? You could be a non national living in us for all they care . Remember prices on us site don't include taxes until the last part and are not covered by travel and airline regulations like the UK and eu, but you can cancel up until final payment date, and get a refund.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have booked on UK, US, and eu site, NCL never checked my residency when boarding, ever. How can they? You could be a non national living in us for all they care . Remember prices on us site don't include taxes until the last part and are not covered by travel and airline regulations like the UK and eu, but you can cancel up until final payment date, and get a refund.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Possibly even more significantly, US bookings get charged gratuities on the promo UBP and SDP, which can potentially have a big impact on the cost if they are selected.

{Snipped}

Remember prices on us site don't include taxes until the last part and are not covered by travel and airline regulations like the UK and eu, but you can cancel up until final payment date, and get a refund.

Possibly even more significantly, US bookings get charged gratuities on the promo UBP and SDP, which can potentially have a big impact on the cost if they are selected.

If you have a PCC in Miami then you can always ask about prices in different currencies. If you think that there has been a decrease in price when you see a price in NZD (for example; I live in NZ) and compare what you have paid in USD or CAD (as we have) using the exchange rates a good PCC will give you advice as to whether it is to your advantage to cancel/rebook or not.

Doing it yourself, there is a lot to take into account as the above advise.

Caveat emptor.