Check in time - Carnival Fantasy

I received an email from Carnival asking me to choose a check in time or they would choose one for me. I just cruised on Carnival two years ago and I don't remember having to do this. Our cruise is still three weeks away and I don't know what time we will get there. We are attending a wedding the night before in Naples and will drive to Miami the morning of the cruise. It depends on how late I'm at the wedding reception as to what time I want to get there. I logged in to look at the times and they are only 30 minute windows. It says if you log in early you will be asked to leave and return at your check in time, but it doesn't say anything about arriving late. I read some post on this forum that said get there whenever you want regardless of your check in time, but they were a couple of years old. Can anyone who has cruised lately tell me if they are strict about this. Am I better to choose an early time and be late? Thanks.

If you get there early you will be asked to come back at the designated time.

If you arrive late, you will be allowed to check in when you arrive.

It may make the most sense for you to pick an early time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My letter from CCL said I must pick a time window or they will assign one. This is the time for when they will allow you to enter the terminal.

They are apparently checking these times on your info when you arrive at the terminal, and if you are there before your designated time, they will not even let you enter the terminal, but will send you away until your designated time.

But if you arrive at the terminal later than your designated time, they will allow you to enter and check in. I would say log in and pick the earliest time available then if you make that time, fine; but if you arrive later, you are covered also.

Most important---HAVE FUN ON YOUR CRUISE! :D

Search for staggered check in and you should find the answers you are looking for.

This is gradually being rolled out to all the ports, it started last year. It has gotten good reviews so far, it is meant to alleviate congestion at the ports. You can arrive anytime after the time you pick for check in. If you arrive earlier, you will not be allowed to enter the terminal.