Regal Princess Questions

LisaH

Hi all, DH and I at some point in the next couple of years (hopefully next year) want to do the Canada & New England Cruise on the Regal. We have never had an aft balcony and I am thinking this might be the time to try it.

Does anyone have first-hand experience with this ship and those cabins? It would seem an awesome opportunity to get amazing pictures when leaving NYC. In past years I have read (regarding other ships) that soot can be an issue. That is one concern. Also are the balconies covered?

Thanks in advance!

Have A428 on HOLD - By the time we cruise it will be categorized as a Club Class Mini Suite...YAY!

We have not cruised Princess in a while so we are looking forward to possibly doing this next year. We are on Carnival Vista in February.

DH and I just booked a cruise to NE/Canada 2017. On advise from our TA, we booked a port side and mid ship. He said the views are fantastic. We are also going on the last cruise in October because the leaves for the last 2 years have not changed until October.(advise from friends who live there)

Hi all, DH and I at some point in the next couple of years (hopefully next year) want to do the Canada & New England Cruise on the Regal. We have never had an aft balcony and I am thinking this might be the time to try it.

Does anyone have first-hand experience with this ship and those cabins? It would seem an awesome opportunity to get amazing pictures when leaving NYC. In past years I have read (regarding other ships) that soot can be an issue. That is one concern. Also are the balconies covered?

Thanks in advance!

We've been aft on Regal, albeit in a suite.. And no soot problems for us. What little there was (and it was little) was promptly cleaned off by our room steward, who also had a pad/towel inside each sliding door to wipe off feet before walking on the carpet inside...we loved the views.

No one can comment on the Club Class amenities as yet as they haven't been rolled out to any ship yet. The location is generally mid-ship, which can be a great location for proximity to things. And some Royal class mid-ship mini-suites have larger balconies than standard.

Enjoy whichever you choose..

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks in advance!

We loved the balcony on our Aft Suite last December. We have a Deluxe Aft Balcony for two weeks in 42 days!!

IMG_1477253212.771401.jpg.baa7ee65368ea9d7fd395af39a074ef8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 9 months later...
DH and I just booked a cruise to NE/Canada 2017. On advise from our TA, we booked a port side and mid ship. He said the views are fantastic. We are also going on the last cruise in October because the leaves for the last 2 years have not changed until October.(advise from friends who live there)

ive never researched a canada cruise but likely will be on the 10/21 one this year. from your post it sounds like the ship sails close to shore for a while and thats why port matters?

ive never researched a canada cruise but likely will be on the 10/21 one this year. from your post it sounds like the ship sails close to shore for a while and thats why port matters?

10/21 is the five-night. We were on it last year. No, you will not be close to shore. The sea days are way out to sea. Northbound, once the ship clears Cape Cod, it's a very far off-shore straight line to St. John (and even farther off-shore to Halifax). Ships generally travel straight lines between ports (so long as no land is in the way and they don't need to follow agreed seaways). Look at a map- the New England coast is a big indentation.

OTOH, the seven night has the New England port calls and will be closer northbound before doing the same straight shot like the five-night on the return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk