Checking in

Sammi dee

NCL have only used Southampton once or twice a year for quite a while, and they have used different terminals for those trips.

They are starting to use Southampton more regularly from next year, so I don't think that any previous experience will be all that relevant I'm afraid.

NCL has only done one offs out of SOuthampton in the past.

We sailed on the Epic last October. The biggest complaint was that they were not able to / didn't arrange to use the terminal gangway. In stead, they set their own tiny, steep gangway from deck 4 to the dock. Steep. Narrow. With people trying to get baggage off/on ship. Once on the dock, you were dodging fork lifts provisioning the ship.

Hopefully with regular stops, they will be better equipped.

Hello thank you for the information I hope you right and they do have things organised better by next year,we do not sail until September so they have a few months to get it straight .

There seem to have been some specific issues with the Epic.

I have boarded the Breakaway in 2013, the Getaway in 2014 and visited Southampton on the Escape in 2015, all with absolutely no problems at all.

My point is that these were one offs, so don't give any insight as to what will happen next year.

I certainly wouldn't be worried about the issues with the Epic for exactly that reason.